GatoGrande

Low rank bonuses are Joke on players that use R15+

On 8/11/2018 at 2:53 PM, GatoGrande said:

does R8 really need bonuses? 

if you were around back when there were no bonuses, you would know, that a r8 has no chance against a r11, and a r12 has no chance against a r15.

also i am not sure how you fitted those ships, and which implants you took, as most of the stats you show there are actually clearly higher by base on the r11 ship.

additionally, you are comparing a lately added golden ship which is considered one of the few meta ships in comparison to a very norm r11, of which, and now hold on grandpa, both have almost the same low rank buffs in r15+, because r9 and below do not get more than a r10 (according to the table we had in the past, and the time we had actual icons for it).

low rank buffs were nerfed. they seem to work just fine now.

the game is still ruled by high rank ships, and still broken by badly balanced mechanics.

On 8/11/2018 at 2:53 PM, GatoGrande said:

Do not forget that first explanation for bonuses that lower rank ships have was that new player will be protected and will not be farmed...

as far as i know, that was only once said as a bullet point in a forum post, but it makes no sense, and anyone who has some grasp of game design or logic sees that this is not the primary idea.

it was very clear, that it aimed to actually also allow them to put veterans who take low rank ships still into the high tier games, so that they cannot farm low tiers, and try to create a more "skill based" queue system, instead of a ship strength based one.

of course they don't write that, because they always presented their stuff, like it's some meeting in a big company, with shareholders present, instead of game devs who talk to players who more or less might even know a lot more about games than they do.

the idea behind it was not bad. the execution lacks cohesion, and should have been at once.

i guess the hope was to make vets stay high tiers through that, and add some carrots with r16 and r17 aswell.

--

otherwise your other problem seems to be that ships below r7 are in the upper matches, which is a completely different problem, and in a way even a bit contrary, because suddenly you are annoyed by what, that the ship that guy plays in is... too weak?

13 minutes ago, g4borg said:

if you were around back when there were no bonuses, you would know, that a r8 has no chance against a r11, and a r12 has no chance against a r15.

also i am not sure how you fitted those ships, and which implants you took, as most of the stats you show there are actually clearly higher by base on the r11 ship.

additionally, you are comparing a lately added golden ship which is considered one of the few meta ships in comparison to a very norm r11, of which, and now hold on grandpa, both have almost the same low rank buffs in r15+, because r9 and below do not get more than a r10 (according to the table we had in the past, and the time we had actual icons for it).

low rank buffs were nerfed. they seem to work just fine now.

the game is still ruled by high rank ships, and still broken by badly balanced mechanics.

as far as i know, that was only once said as a bullet point in a forum post, but it makes no sense, and anyone who has some grasp of game design or logic sees that this is not the primary idea.

it was very clear, that it aimed to actually also allow them to put veterans who take low rank ships still into the high tier games, so that they cannot farm low tiers, and try to create a more "skill based" queue system, instead of a ship strength based one.

of course they don't write that, because they always presented their stuff, like it's some meeting in a big company, with shareholders present, instead of game devs who talk to players who more or less might even know a lot more about games than they do.

the idea behind it was not bad. the execution lacks cohesion, and should have been at once.

i guess the hope was to make vets stay high tiers through that, and add some carrots with r16 and r17 aswell.

--

otherwise your other problem seems to be that ships below r7 are in the upper matches, which is a completely different problem, and in a way even a bit contrary, because suddenly you are annoyed by what, that the ship that guy plays in is... too weak?

:lol: you replayed to my two months old post :yes_yes_yes:

there is a specific thread where we players can't post and it says that we have four tiers now.

So my question was how do I get R5 and R1 ships playing vs my R15+

1 hour ago, GatoGrande said:

:lol: you replayed to my two months old post :yes_yes_yes:

yeah. true.

:)

1 hour ago, GatoGrande said:

there is a specific thread where we players can't post and it says that we have four tiers now.

ah, might be better to address that in a specific thread.

anyway, as that low rank ship has not even full synergy in that picture, you are kinda right, that stuff doesnt make sense

i mean, yeah, if i bring my kite-e along, it should be my own responsibility and you can pm me if i am the cause for losing a match. but someone still synergizing his t2 ships should be in that "first tier".

but still, occasional one player on each side with such stuff does not interest me as much

however, if i get once again a match, where one side seems to have all high rank gunships, and my side comes with 4+ destros and lrfs, i am not sure what the MM is doing.