GatoGrande

Deconstructor

Recommended Posts

When will this be nerfed??

 

And don't give some lame troll excuses here like this is well balanced.

 

I will tell you why the game has less and fewer players in PvP.

Because of slow respond of developers on anomalies like this DECONSTRUCTOR gun and ships like Tai'kin.

Because of extremely protected small ships that can make triple damage on bigger ships and at the same time small ships receive less damage.

I will not even mention id iotic bonus for lower rank ships in PvP, really one Tier was the worst move that someone can make in this game.

 

If we don't have enough players and the only solution that you devs can think on is one tier than remove bonus for all players that have more than 300 PvP played.

 

And finally, do something with that broken DECONSTRUCTOR.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

What is your suggestion then? As we can see simply lowering damage numbers won't do, it was already nerfed twice.

IMO it should be changed by removing explosion, lowering alpha damage and increasing secondary effect damage turning it into DoT at the same time (Like Plasmer or Ignis)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'd say that they should also lower the crit damage, the fact that you deal damage to hull on top of that is the most OP point about it, base of 20% should do, but with all of that it might become pretty much obsolete.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I believe the main factors that make this weapon too strong are low rank buffs, superior passive bonuses on ships like the Cutter and the ease of use of this weapon.

 

The deadly alpha could be normalized by making the guns fire sequentially. This would double the rate of fire, cut the damage per shot on half and make it fall in line with other mortar like weapons.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The alpha damage is what keeps this weapon unique to other weapons available to covert ops.

My suggestion is to keep the damage but cut fire rate in half and double energy consumption.

This keeps the ship open to hit and run tactics with decent alpha while leaving room for counterplay.

As for low ranks in mixed tiers, they should have simply normalized ship stats, equipment available and passive slots instead of adding hidden bonuses that cause confusion.
The passive slot layout, ship level bonuses and unique equipment would keep ships from "feeling the same".

Alternatively there was the option of normalizing ship stats and passive slots, but keeping less equipment available in lower ranks, with the exception of having stronger passives and stronger actives with lower cooldowns.
This would also allow for a distinct feel between ranks without the hidden bonus nonsense, allowing for more transparency in expectations on how one's ship will interact with higher or lower ranks.
 

Crew could have been disconnected from ship rank and kept as a separate customization option, avoiding problems with new player experience and ship building (viewing stats and effect of crew on ships and equipment). Crew also desperately needs an update.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

http://prntscr.com/kdcrmn

 

if the first four players are using the ship that is equipped with deconstructor and they made 34kills in total then it is something wrong.

 

How to repair it? 

 

DevWar made some good suggestions 

I would say that the secondary damage that is made to hull should be much harder to make.

Now is to easy each hit make it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 hours ago, GatoGrande said:

http://prntscr.com/kdcrmn

 

if the first four players are using the ship that is equipped with deconstructor and they made 34kills in total then it is something wrong.

 

How to repair it? 

 

DevWar made some good suggestions 

I would say that the secondary damage that is made to hull should be much harder to make.

Now is to easy each hit make it.

and what was Grandge using? I would nerf that gun too as he had the second highest number of kills in that game.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I think it is because how easy it is for you to land shots. Covert Ops weapons that have higher damage have huge spreads, preventing use at long range (RF blaster), severe damage falloff (Pulse laser, Shrapnel Cannon), or unique limiting mechanics (Front Blaster). Deconstructor is almost perfectly accurate on the first shot, and has little spread on the followup shots either. Its projectile speed is quite high, too. Also, it does not suffer from damage falloff at range. It's heat/cooling stat is very good. It is just a very easy-to-use weapon that does lots of damage; easy weapons are good weapons in PVP chaos.

 

I think my way of bringing it in line with other weapons should start with Deconstructor's cooling rate and spread recovery rate (it currently comes back to zero spread very quickly when you stop firing). This would not affect the first few shots' power but prevent the weapon's ability to perform optimally in long fights.

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Deconstructor is balanced, tai'kin is balanced, what the devil are you crying about, again.

 

By the way it's the first three. The fourth guy was using an ECM.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

It would be nice if all ships have a weapon like Deconstructor with sec. direct damage to the hull.

 

3 hours ago, niripas said:

and what was Grandge using? I would nerf that gun too as he had the second highest number of kills in that game.

 

to use your words, basically, Cutter with Deconstructor can two shot each ship that is smaller then frigate. 

 

1 hour ago, Flash0914 said:

Deconstructor is balanced, tai'kin is balanced, what the devil are you crying about, again.

1

 

Open your wide closed eyes. It is far from balanced.

 

Also, why do you think players don't like to play PvP?

Because when you play with a ship that has 20k + survivability you expect that you will live longer than a ship that has 8k survivability.

 

 

1 hour ago, Flash0914 said:

 

By the way it's the first three. The fourth guy was using an ECM.

 

34 - 3 = 31kills are you happy

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, GatoGrande said:

to use your words, basically, Cutter with Deconstructor can two shot each ship that is smaller then frigate. 

To use your words - I call it BS. Fully crit Cutter with Deconstructor with active Orion cannot two shot bare (as no modules installed) Fed Recon R11 Eagle - the weakest ship in that rank range. Sorry mate. I did some tests to my amusement and no - it cannot kill any ship with two shots. Maybe if you prepare one with all modules that have penalty to hull and shields then maybe it will. 

Spoiler

 

Just one of the tests: blank ship, stationary.

 

Also Grandge was flying a command and frigates in that game, how was it possible for him to use this weapon? Cmon, mate. You are getting worse as a troll even more now :)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, niripas said:

To use your words - I call it BS. Fully crit Cutter with Deconstructor with active Orion cannot two shot bare (as no modules installed) Fed Recon R11 Eagle - the weakest ship in that rank range. Sorry mate. I did some tests to my amusement and no - it cannot kill any ship with two shots. Maybe if you prepare one with all modules that have penalty to hull and shields then maybe it will. 

  Reveal hidden contents

 

Just one of the tests: blank ship, stationary.

 

Also Grandge was flying a command and frigates in that game, how was it possible for him to use this weapon? Cmon, mate. Your getting worse as a troll even more now :)

 

You are wright. It can't two shot r11 ship but it can r15+. For r11 you need r9 Nyx with deconstructor for two max 3 shots.

And I was talking about red team not blue one. In red team first four used Cov. ops with that op sh it. My mistake I didn't point to obvious.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I agree with

On 8/1/2018 at 12:15 AM, Rob40468 said:

What is your suggestion then? As we can see simply lowering damage numbers won't do, it was already nerfed twice.

IMO it should be changed by removing explosion, lowering alpha damage and increasing secondary effect damage turning it into DoT at the same time (Like Plasmer or Ignis)

Deconstructor 

  • Remove Explosion(no interceptor should ever get a close range explosion gun, it takes every skill out of dogfighting
    • Remove extra damage to health or change to DOT but nerfed by ~30%

Again, rank bonuses are stupidly *abusable* with this gun.

  • Proximity versus Spark: 893/hit at 39% resistance for 5 seconds of firing
  • Proximity versus Kalah: 453/hit at 15% resistance  for 10 seconds of firing 
    • Same instance, no added resistance, they are not R17, they act like R30 ships! 

It's xxxx. Nerf rank bonus as well ;) 

 

 

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Snerpes said:

I agree with

Deconstructor 

  • Remove Explosion(no interceptor should ever get a close range explosion gun, it takes every skill out of dogfighting
    • Remove extra damage to health or change to DOT but nerfed by ~30%

Again, rank bonuses are stupidly *abusable* with this gun.

  • Proximity versus Spark: 893/hit at 39% resistance for 5 seconds of firing
  • Proximity versus Kalah: 453/hit at 15% resistance  for 10 seconds of firing 
    • Same instance, no added resistance, they are not R17, they act like R30 ships! 

It's xxxx. Nerf rank bonus as well ;) 

 

 

 

I totally agree with this. !00% accurate.

 

Also, I'm glad that someone else has noticed these anomalies.

 

I'm always for a fair fight but since this R bonuses and OP deconstructor I didn't use ship lover then R12 for some time now.

Tho I have some screenshots how unfair is R9 Nyx or even R14 Jerico Cov ops with that Deconstructor when I used them.

I don't have Cutter to test that ridiculous OP combo with Deconstructo.

 

I bet that some Dev is abusing this combo on some account to feel that he have the biggest one.

But exactly thing like this makes people avoid PvP and finally leave the game when they get bored at PvE and PvAi.

 

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 hours ago, GatoGrande said:

 

You are wright. It can't two shot r11 ship but it can r15+. For r11 you need r9 Nyx with deconstructor for two max 3 shots.

And I was talking about red team not blue one. In red team first four used Cov. ops with that op sh it. My mistake I didn't point to obvious.

Checked. Cutter couldn't kill my Taikin (R15) in two shots. And I'm routinely hunting Cutters with my Zhen (which is R17). And I am a crappy intie pilot. So sometimes it's a Rockwell. 

And I was talking about amount of kills as that was what was concerning you. So if a person on a command does better than a covops with an OP gun then his ship/weapon has to be OP as well. Correct?

 

17 hours ago, Snerpes said:

Deconstructor 

  • Remove Explosion(no interceptor should ever get a close range explosion gun, it takes every skill out of dogfighting

 

Are you talking about explosive weapons on inties ? Or proximity detonators? Because inties had explosive weapons for some time now. Also dunno if Deconstructor has a proximity fuse - i can dodge it with strafe+rotation, which I cannot do against proximity mortar. Sorry I don't have time to verify that, but if deconstructor has a proximity fuse the activation range has to be pretty small.

 

Edit: if you are talking about removing explosive properties it will increase the damage against interceptors by 50%. Is that what you want?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Deccon doesn't have proximity, it's just the explosion damage that is increased on frigates and destroyers, which is probably the issue they also have with it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

It feels easier to hit things with Deconstructor than for example a Plasma Cannon. I would guess that it has either a small proximity fuse or simply a large projectile size.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Deconstructor might just feel like a proximity fuse to you, because it has an incredidbly low base projectile range.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.