Deelena

Entry 81 — New ships

Recommended Posts

35 minutes ago, TheDerpNukem said:

Ah that's good to hear. Also if the latter is true then I hope the r16 and 17s all get the same treatment. Grinding 60 electrum is a pain.

Getting 60 electrum is way faster than getting hundreds of parts for current ship parts we have now. For electrum you don't need to spend a lot of time like with the parts. Keep in mind that if all r16 and r17 ships would get the same treatment, you would have little chance to get the part you want because I'm sure there would be an equal chance to get a part for each ship. Currently at r15 you can get only Karud parts. Imagine if there would be ~10 more possible ship parts to get. Currently getting 60 enriched electrum equals to doing 36 daily missions that take less than 10 minutes each. Is spending 6 hours in 36 days a pain? You can boost it with 8(5 without premium) raw electrum OS missions sometimes. Even if you could choose what ship part you want, getting electrum is still faster unless getting parts will be insanely fast. Also if even current ships would be changed, what about people who wasted thousands of iridium to get all the blueprints but don't have enough electrum to craft all of these ships or have already 2 cabins of out 3?

 

Of course it depend on its implementation. Devs can do ~500 parts with easy daily mission for 20 of them each day so it will be easy and fast or they can do 1000 parts with 3-stage daily missions giving 1-5 parts each day so we will all beg for being able to craft these ships with electrum again, even random iridium boxes would be fine compared to this. Containers will be GS only anyway, I'm sure for this.

 

Anyway, I thought that the problem with new r16 and r17 wasn't the electrum but random boxes with blueprints that give insane amount of duplicates. Tweaking box mechanics to drastically reduce chance for duplicates would be enough to solve all problems. It seems that devs listened to players and there will be no more wasting iridium for getting duplicates over and over again. Changes could be better but also could be much much worse.

 

Seriously, why don't just fix the blueprint boxes?

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

If we had select containers for parts then it would be logical to have it like we had star marathon would it not? That is how we used to get ship parts instead of wading through the trophy search to find them.

 

Come to think of it, why was star marathon removed in the first place...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

It would be great if there was a module that allowed the guided torpedo to vary projectile speed and strafe.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

can you guys advertise over the US and the EU it takes me at least 5 min to get in a match? Plz  :D

 

Are we going to see new Destroyers  Pre/after war.

Would it possible to be able to implement paying low tear AI to fight with you in open space the future?

Are we going to see new missions?

Is it possible to increase the story mode so the grind wouldn't be soo repetitive?  

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hmm... interesting

 

The Executor, judging from the picture, seems to be yet another asymmetrical Jericho ship like the Mauler.

 

... Though appearance can be deceiving, since we've only see the left side of the ship.

 

"Obtainable through UNC tasks" 

Return of the Star Marathon perhaps?

 

Any news on the R17 Fed Guard?

Of the 3 new T6 ships, the Fed Guard has an in-game silhouette but is not shown here in the Dev Blog.

 

Please don't be like NY18.

Please don't be like NY18.

Please don't be like NY18.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
21 minutes ago, Schwarzschild said:

Please don't be like NY18.

Please don't be like NY18.

Please don't be like NY18. 

what do you mean by this? if you mean the movement system, then likely not

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Didn't Karud and Brokk cost the same amount of ship parts, which is 600? And also, if we will get the Star Marathons back then they better make them more rewarding, in case you don't remember they used to give you a container for 10 won battles, which for the most part were either Fire Supports or Defence Contracts, the problem is that the container gives 2, 10 or 50 parts, for a ship that requires 600 that is an unbearably low amount, and you had that task available once a day, so it would take at most 300 days, or approx. 10 months of daily playing to get one, on very rare occasions you would get 10 parts, but I for one never got 50, and I opened hundreds of those, if they will do this for the R16s, and if they will need 1000, then they better increase the rewards and lower the requirements.

Also, if you remember the summer last year(I think it was that), we had an event where 20 xenochips were worth 20 ship parts for any ship craftable for parts that we needed, and we got more than 20 xenos a day, I think up to 40-60, so it was a matter of weeks, if not days to get any ship, even the highest ranking ones, but now they made them even harder to get making them available only at certain times, basically making it harder for you to build a ship the more you have, some things to keep in mind, the grind may be unbearably long, random, and available at certain times, now you see why those tasks were removed?

  • Upvote 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, Schwarzschild said:

Hmm... interesting

 

The Executor, judging from the picture, seems to be yet another asymmetrical Jericho ship like the Mauler.

 

... Though appearance can be deceiving, since we've only see the left side of the ship.

It is assymetrival. The extension you see is only on the one side. The other site has only a really small one.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, Schwarzschild said:

Hmm... interesting

 

The Executor, judging from the picture, seems to be yet another asymmetrical Jericho ship like the Mauler.

 

... Though appearance can be deceiving, since we've only see the left side of the ship.

It must be asymetrical, i mean look at the gun mounts:

2 On the front

2 On the lower part of the middle segment

2 on the missile pod

 

=> 2 + 2 + 2 = 6 ; that's all the guns a LRF has, therefore no guns on the righten side.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

And ofc only pilots with a lvl 16 clearance acan get this ships, isn't it? 

could it please be obtainable from lvl clearance 10 or 12 or 13 ( 13 cuz of electrum)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 5/24/2018 at 2:44 AM, Deelena said:


da6f65f8c797c010d8a438fb4c50.jpg

 

Is it just me or this ship resembles a small Archon with extra wingy bits?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Dyrnwyn looks nothing like Archon.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
25 minutes ago, Farfalla said:

Is it just me or this ship resembles a small Archon with extra wingy bits?

Just you... this doesn't look like archon, whatsoever

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On ‎5‎/‎27‎/‎2018 at 7:12 AM, Farfalla said:

Is it just me or this ship resembles a small Archon with extra wingy bits?

nope, a reconfigged Spike maybe...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On ‎5‎/‎27‎/‎2018 at 5:09 AM, Seby88 said:

And ofc only pilots with a lvl 16 clearance acan get this ships, isn't it? 

could it please be obtainable from lvl clearance 10 or 12 or 13 ( 13 cuz of electrum)

umm, no,,, work your way up like everybody else,,, low ranks already get stupid damage buffs,,, you want a trophy w/ that?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 5/26/2018 at 8:58 AM, xXThunderFlameXx said:

Didn't Karud and Brokk cost the same amount of ship parts, which is 600? And also, if we will get the Star Marathons back then they better make them more rewarding, in case you don't remember they used to give you a container for 10 won battles, which for the most part were either Fire Supports or Defence Contracts, the problem is that the container gives 2, 10 or 50 parts, for a ship that requires 600 that is an unbearably low amount, and you had that task available once a day, so it would take at most 300 days, or approx. 10 months of daily playing to get one, on very rare occasions you would get 10 parts

Please don't remind me that marathon... I remember that for 3 ships that were available then (Brokk, Stingray and IIRC Archelon) I did over two thousand Fire Support runs.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, niripas said:

Please don't remind me that marathon... I remember that for 3 ships that were available then (Brokk, Stingray and IIRC Archelon) I did over two thousand Fire Support runs.

Wow...that was a marathon alright..

 

Anyway, the new Jerry LRF is alright but another ECM interceptor? Really? Just when I had come to terms with Karuds remote ammo detonating my torpedoes and Zhens making me crash into walls.

Time to start upgrading more Proton Walls I guess.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 5/31/2018 at 12:42 AM, ANiMA said:

Wow...that was a marathon alright..

 

Anyway, the new Jerry LRF is alright but another ECM interceptor? Really? Just when I had come to terms with Karuds remote ammo detonating my torpedoes and Zhens making me crash into walls.

Time to start upgrading more Proton Walls I guess. 

 

Another LRF, really, not like being oneshot by 13k thermal without a hint where the real guy is was already annoying enogh...

(I mean i don't mind 1011, there are bigger problems in the game, but you know what i mean)

So don't complain, damnit...

 

image.thumb.png.a32c34f4d34854f599e7f38e

 

The distribution of R 16/17 is unfair and types used by both Empire and Jericho were heavily biased...

I'm not complaining, tho, just stating confusion.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 5/30/2018 at 6:45 PM, SMOKEYSHADOWS said:

umm, no,,, work your way up like everybody else,,, low ranks already get stupid damage buffs,,, you want a trophy w/ that?

well u see, becaiuse of all the flipping grinding is very very hard to lvl up

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 5/24/2018 at 9:17 PM, Rakza said:

.. considering Object NY18 as a Guard but more as an Abomination that shouldn't be in the game. Its special module is nothing near other guard's special modules and the "Energy Destabilizer Field" isn't something that Guards or anything else should have.

..

To me, from the beginning, it was a sub-destroyer class of a ship design, a lesser destroyer and bigger frigate .. It also will get its nerf cycles in due time devs see fit ..

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

who thinks the following nerfs would fix interceptor pilots complaining about NY18?
-reduce range of energy destabilizer to 50% in active mode, and 10% otherwise

-reduce energy destabilizer range to 2000m

-reduce energy destabilizer active time to 8 seconds

this changes the energy destabilizer to a more traditional guard module and removes most of the issues intie pilots normally complain about, (wow, they really don't like having equipment meant to counter them, do they?)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, evo888 said:

who thinks the following nerfs would fix interceptor pilots complaining about NY18?
-reduce range of energy destabilizer to 50% in active mode, and 10% otherwise

-reduce energy destabilizer range to 2000m

-reduce energy destabilizer active time to 8 seconds

this changes the energy destabilizer to a more traditional guard module and removes most of the issues intie pilots normally complain about, (wow, they really don't like having equipment meant to counter them, do they?)

I'd like this. And tbh it shouldn't interfere with implant energy regen stuff. Like the energy proofer multipurpose thing and the incoming damage energy thing.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, evo888 said:

who thinks the following nerfs would fix interceptor pilots complaining about NY18?
-reduce range of energy destabilizer to 50% in active mode, and 10% otherwise

-reduce energy destabilizer range to 2000m

-reduce energy destabilizer active time to 8 seconds

this changes the energy destabilizer to a more traditional guard module and removes most of the issues intie pilots normally complain about, (wow, they really don't like having equipment meant to counter them, do they?)

Wrong topic, mate :D

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Looks like Executor was a bit of a disappointment....i hope Dyrwnwnwnwnwwn would be at least SLIGHTLY better.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 6/10/2018 at 4:22 PM, evo888 said:

who thinks the following nerfs would fix interceptor pilots complaining about NY18?
-reduce range of energy destabilizer to 50% in active mode, and 10% otherwise

-reduce energy destabilizer range to 2000m

-reduce energy destabilizer active time to 8 seconds

this changes the energy destabilizer to a more traditional guard module and removes most of the issues intie pilots normally complain about, (wow, they really don't like having equipment meant to counter them, do they?)

As long as the NY18 has nerfing potential >5km to intys - all is fine with me. But why nerf energy on othet ships, too? OP-Intys find a way around energy crisis- but other ships who depend on it? See what ships are coming up in >r15 rank model and you get wise. Besides NY18 is not that of a threat you make it , it's nice ship with good enginnering creativity -- very good for SC!!!

Why?

My Wazzi "Waltzing Mathilda" was very expensive - never was OP like Taikin nor Thar'ga from beginning - so never had that Eugen-super-kill inOP-ship-moment - but still got nerfed -- and no real good Engi stuff coming .-. and if : only for slow Empire tank-like Engies??

why??

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.