Asyncronous Shield Projector Rework


Recommended Posts

I suggest a change of the functionality of the Asyncronous Shield Projector. In its current iteration, it increases shield regeneration by 35%, which results in an increase of the shield regeneration for most ships by up to 44pt/s. This is a rather small amount and thus the module is mostly considered a waste of a slot.

 

Additionally, shield based ships have limited options of increasing their shield resistances, which is why shield volume builds are common.

The low yield of shield boosters makes replenishing such shields rather time consuming, which results in a slower fighting pace.

 

The same issue was resolved for hull based ships with the addition of the Hull Restoration System.

 

I suggest to change the Asyncronous Shield Projector in something similar to a weaker Static Shield Regenerator:

 

Asyncronous Shield Projector:

If the Ship doesnt reveive damage for 5 seconds, increases shield regeneration by 550pt/s. Edit: The module's effectiveness is dependant of the ship size: Interceptors regenerate 66% of the value, Fighters 100%, Frigates 125%, Destroyers 150%.

(In comparision: Static Shield Regenerator heals 1100pt/s after not using active modules and weapons for 5 seconds)

 

The stats are subject to change. Discuss! :)

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, Scar6 said:

If the Ship doesnt reveive damage for 5 seconds, increases shield regeneration by 550pt/s

I would even put this on empire intys... that seems a bit strong

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Should be in %.

 

Same time to go from 0-100% Shield Volume for all the ships.

  • Upvote 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, Rakza said:

Should be in %.

 

Same time to go from 0-100% Shield Volume for all the ships.

+1, this will also handle the problem of OP inties healing all the way in seconds

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, evo888 said:

+1, this will also handle the problem of OP inties healing all the way in seconds

"OP intys" I don't see any broken oneshot tools, like on the frigs o.o

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, Rakza said:

Should be in %.

 

Same time to go from 0-100% Shield Volume for all the ships.

I prefer that, now that you mention it! I do however fear that Tyrants could easily get massive shields without a drawback. What if the regen depended on ship size like the Combat Shield Regenerator? I'll edit my topic!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, Koromac said:

550 pts. is a bit too much. R17, Mark 4 - 275 pts. should be okay and fair.

Dont forget that Ellydium Ships have access to the more powerful Static Shield Regenerator. It doesnt make them op either :)

Also: Using this module would use a shield slot which could otherwise be used to gain more resistances or volume. Ships with that module will not have as much alpha tank as conventional builds!

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Flash0914 said:

broken oneshot tools

what are you even referring to?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, Scar6 said:

Dont forget that Ellydium Ships have access to the more powerful Static Shield Regenerator. It doesnt make them op either :)

Also: Using this module would use a shield slot which could otherwise be used to gain more resistances or volume. Ships with that module will not have as much alpha tank as conventional builds!

All Ellydium ships have maluses to the hull and shield regeneration and amount of restoration.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, evo888 said:

what are you even referring to?

Gravilassos, Gravi wavel, Unidentified Gear.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Koromac said:

All Ellydium ships have maluses to the hull and shield regeneration and amount of restoration.

Alright, I forgot about that. My suggested module would however be half as powerful as the ellydium module. So in the end, both would have the same effective regeneration on their respective ships :)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 hours ago, Koromac said:

550 pts. is a bit too much. R17, Mark 4 - 275 pts. should be okay and fair.

The values are of course subject to change. I'd be happy if the devs implemented a change for that module in the first place :p

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

A few hundred percents would also work, so you can kind of create "shield regen builds" but that would have to be considered carefully to not Allow it to get outta hand.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

You could do the same for the "Capacitor Power Relay".

 

Increase Shield Regeneration Speed by 41.5% but reduce energy regeneration speed by 4.8%.

If weapons and active modules aren't used for 5 seconds, Increase Shield Regeneration Speed by 415% (Random Value)

Only one Modifier of this type can be equiped/active.

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Rakza said:

You could do the same for the "Capacitor Power Relay".

 

Increase Shield Regeneration Speed by 41.5% but reduce energy regeneration speed by 4.8%.

If weapons and active modules aren't used for 5 seconds, Increase Shield Regeneration Speed by 415% (Random Value)

Only one Modifier of this type can be equiped/active.

This module is underused because it's lacking some additional function. This could work, but shield regeneration should not be more than doubled/tripled.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Shield Regeneration is one of the worst mechanics ingame.

 

You can do nothing wth it. It's crap since 2013 and they didn't give a damn about it since.

 

And It's not against the Hazardous Veil that I will become something.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Rakza said:

You could do the same for the "Capacitor Power Relay".

 

Increase Shield Regeneration Speed by 41.5% but reduce energy regeneration speed by 4.8%.

If weapons and active modules aren't used for 5 seconds, Increase Shield Regeneration Speed by 415% (Random Value)

Only one Modifier of this type can be equiped/active.

I suggested to change the Async Shield first, so that you cant essentially have 6 shield slots :p But i like that idea aswell.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
24 minutes ago, Scar6 said:

I suggested to change the Async Shield first, so that you cant essentially have 6 shield slots :p But i like that idea aswell.

If you change one, you have to change the linked ones if you don't want to make something obsolete.

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, Rakza said:

If you change one, you have to change the linked ones if you don't want to make something obsolete.

 

 

The other one could get a simple number buff, so that we dont have 2 functionally identical modules.

 

I just wish the devs did something in the first place :(

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Scar6 said:

I just wish the devs did something in the first place :(

What you are suggesting is a called a "Fleet Upgrade".

 

Waiiiiiiiit a Second... 

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.