Akaurl

Test the new PVE-mission (Discussion)

18 posts in this topic

It's a nice idea, however there are a few(a lot) of flaws.

• Repair Ships
    • Too effective, fighting back these waves and nearly killing a bit of them to be insta-healed in roughly 2 seconds.
  • Ranking
    • R10 Max... is a bad idea for this mission, make it like the others--scaled down for each tier. At R10 Derp and I found it quite difficult to kill the seemingly-endless waves with just R10 ships, they have the strength and *ability use* of player-ships with the exception of aimbot and.. massive waves.
  • Spawning
    • Waves are too high, so many come through a portal we found ourselves overwhelmed and needing to retreat. 
  • Bonuses 
    • Don't make them drop from their demise, make them just auto pickup, if the waves stay the same its not a good idea to rush in to get that damage boost *dough*. 
  • AI Difficulty
    • The aimbot is a little strong here, they fealt more like players than AI, using all the modules released prior to the PTS launching we had a bit of a challenge from the ECM  ships (constantly) turning off our ships to the cloaking recons, dare I mention the Cyber Command that deals absurd damage with aimbot.
  • Scanner
    • New? Wat? It needs refinement, hard to see things. 
  • Rewards
    • NO CREDITS? (took us both 25m to complete) if the difficulty stays the same and it requires dupes.. make it like Ariadne payment.

Ended in 18mins with John161 (thanks btw for helping me testing it) I'll make a full review once my video finish uploading :)

17 minutes ago, EndeavSTEEL said:

Ended in 18mins with John181 (thanks btw for helping me testing it) I'll make a full review once my video finish uploading :)

AFAIK my Name is John161 and not John181 :D.

1 minute ago, John161 said:

Don't worry, John171, we all know :)

• Haha 3

2 minutes ago, Akaurl said:

Don't worry, John171, we all know :)

Is the lack of rewards for a 20-30m mission on purpose or bug?

Just now, IFreakinLoveBass said:

Is the lack of rewards for a 20-30m mission on purpose or bug?

I think, no bug.

Just now, Akaurl said:

I think, no bug.

Cool, as it stands in it's difficulty... I'd make it worth 10m. It takes 2 experienced pilots around 20m to complete(using dupes) 

So as per Bass' post I was running with him (since I don't have a perma-cloak tai'kin) and man oh man this mission needs tweaking (also the UI thingo was triggering me).

Positives against Ariadnes and DC:

-Most enemies aren't stupendously tanky

-Enemies deal balanced amounts of damage and not the 2 hit KO's of the turtles and hijacked frigates

-Enemies don't spawn straight on top of objectives (with exceptions being Destroyers and the predator)

-Straight forward objectives with apparent side objectives (?)

Negatives:

-Enemy density is far too high. When running with Bass doing a double gunship run and a double guard run the enemies were spawning faster than we could kill with both runs winding up have close to 100 kills despite killing not being the main objective.

-Too many enemies have DoT effects.The majority of objectives include beacon capturing which is stupendously annoying when 5/10 enemies can inflict a DoT on you whilst you are left to figure out which of the 30 enemies on screen are causing the beacon capture to be interrupted.

Things I just don't like:

-Enemy engineers are way too effective. They heal for such a large amount that units within their radius are effectively invincible till you kill them which can be difficult if you get the grizzly spawn.

-Replace the predator boss with a Hunter. Predators have no place in PvE when the higher rank versions of the mission usually have a damage modifier. Ariadnes was fine since they had beam cannons, but leaving it with it's rapid fire homing BS and giving it an increased HP pool is not fine.

-The Cyber Saw interceptor unit has far too much hull. I'm not sure of the effects of the unit thus far (it seems to be another DoT inflicter) but this hit and run AI shouldn't have a hull capacity larger than the fighters that spawn

Things that interest me:

During my second run with Bass I encountered a destroyer using an explosive kinetic weapon. Are we getting a new destroyer weapon?

EDIT: I recorded the second run so I guess I'll upload it to show the struggle. Keep in mind the second run was the dual guard run.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, TheDerpNukem said:

During my second run with Bass I encountered a destroyer using an explosive kinetic weapon. Are we getting a new destroyer weapon?

The hype is real, explosive Thermoactive please!

So I went through some games and it's definitely something, you have to capture 5 beacons and fight hordes of enemies on the top of it, they can even use modules released with the fleet rework, there are also many boss varieties, as Bass and Nukem pointed the most downsides and upsides it doesn't leave a lot of me to comment on, but there are some issues with the matchmaking, unless you get a squad up you will almost always get in a game by yourself, and doing it alone is pretty much impossible, unless the solo-Ariadne build would be fail-proof.

1 minute ago, IFreakinLoveBass said:

The hype is real, explosive Thermoactive please!

It'll show on the recording but it was firing singular explosive rounds in a similar fashion to that of a coil mortar, but I'm not sure if this is just a bugged Boss spawn (spawned with a coil mortar instead of coil gun) or a new weapon we're getting. Either way, one can hope.

23 minutes ago, John161 said:

woups :007_2:

So about this new pve mission,

The +:

Random enemies like Aria does not make the mission too repetitive, there is no op frigates that can one shoot you, enemies can drop bonuses after you killed them, they do not focus fire a single player (finally it happen), the new target sight ui is great but should be a bit more "smoother", objectives will make you move around the map, ship role like recon and ecm can finally be useful in this mission, AI using modules make fight more challenging and alive, we've got turrets.

The - :

AI in this mission seem to be even worse than any other game mode or mission( sometime don't move but only use turret, shoot beacons, doesn't shoot even when right in front of him, act like zombies), engineer frigates are way too powerful and can heal a whole swarm to full health in a matter of seconds, there is no secondary objectives, main objective are too repetitive, there is too many enemies and no way to slow them down (closing portals for example), no new voice acting.

Also curious about that explosive destroyer weapons, maybe it's just a bug but anything new for dessy's is more than welcome!:003:

Okay so after trying to solo with a Kite-m it has come to my attention the Saw unit needs to be nerfed - or more specifically their module. It has seemingly infinite range and does absurdly high damage against interceptors.

I suggest limiting the range to 2-3km and making the damage scale off of ship size like just abouts every other module in existence.

Another issue I found is enemies using modules that require lock on (the ECM units in particular) will still attempt to use their module if you are cloaked and within 1000m of them. I know this is a flaw with the Ai in general but it is particularly obvious in the new mission due to the immense mob density.

Healers

Less efect on interceptors it be good to many mercenaries (including me :P)

Reason why?: I only play PvE because is less stressful and the interceptors lately aren't so good in PvP XD

Spawning

Good waves are hard to get down but why don't move they and spawning in differents areas of the sector (just a little away from the beacons) 

Zone of the mission

Rank

I know it's not going to be only r10 max (i hope xD) on t5 or r13-17 it was hard to clear i know Ariadne as when it came out

Make something or change the location of the scanned weapon (i don't know the name XD)

Bonuses 

Will be one good idea make extra reward better than ariadne and chance the IA of other missions im sligtly boring of the same enemies and modes

Difficulty

The aimbot is just a little strong using all the modules released maybe decrease the time of activation and increase the resistance of their shield and Armor

Make Open Space more atractive

More easy to get the parts that are only realizable by killing IA

Add ideas to attract more players 

Better rewards on PvE only conquest get an increase isn't fair (for me xD)

Make the trophies come back again but not only to one weapon use 3 or 4 to upgrede to gold (before premium weapons) because the destroyers weapons and the new ships need a lot of the sacred electrum XD

Why dont change the parts of electrum on parts that use Neodium and berilium together as the stabilized internal structures from destroyers r14 and use less like 20/30 electrum instead of 60 (that is like 17 millions of credits)?

Create something to do IA on r13-15 but hard to clear using the IA of this new mission? Only PvP is boring( i play it casual xP)

thanks for read it :)

I have question that will update with some new active module? Cause I just find a player flying a Spark with a new active module which is like the microwarp engine and 'Deimos' engine, but I can't find it in my Atlas. By the way that's a DC mission. I didn't take a screenshot , but I remember what it mostly like my picture.

Hope get the answer not too long.

QQ图片20180513114924.png

On 5/12/2018 at 10:52 PM, YuriKim97 said:

I have question that will update with some new active module? Cause I just find a player flying a Spark with a new active module which is like the microwarp engine and 'Deimos' engine, but I can't find it in my Atlas. By the way that's a DC mission. I didn't take a screenshot , but I remember what it mostly like my picture.

Hope get the answer not too long.

QQ图片20180513114924.png

It's called "Unidentified Engine Modification" and it was removed.

Also why is this still open.

The PvE was released weeks ago and we have confirmed that it was just a dev playground.