Akaurl

Star Conflict v.1.5.1d (Discussion)

9 minutes ago, xKostyan said:

Get a paint.net or vim, freeware

Going to take a loot at them.

34 minutes ago, EndeavSTEEL said:

I think it was it (Digestion in Progress, BrainPower is limited)

Congratz ! Which limb should @avarshina slowly remove with a MIRV Launcher at really reaaaallllllyyyyyyy REEEAAAAALLLLLYYYYYYYYYY close range?

47 minutes ago, Rakza said:

Going to take a loot at them.

I think it was it (Digestion in Progress, BrainPower is limited)

Congratz ! Which limb should @avarshina slowly remove with a MIRV Launcher at really reaaaallllllyyyyyyy REEEAAAAALLLLLYYYYYYYYYY close range?

MIRV is a weird oddball. It does mostly nothing. But then there are the weird situations when it almost 2-shot-kills a wazgot.

1 minute ago, Scar6 said:

MIRV is a weird oddball. It does mostly nothing. But then there are the weird situations when it almost 2-shot-kills a wazgot.

It's cause of the drones around Engineers. The Fragments have a weird mechanics with them

13 hours ago, Scar6 said:

i have the 100% scientific explanation.

the MIRV does a small AOE explosion when the main projectile separate into smaller one .

the minimal range for that to happen is somewhere between 400-600m if i remember correctly .

So if you shot at a wazgot that is at let say 500m , the projectil will explode just before the wazgot , he will get the damage of this explosion ,and then since he is so close to the projectile exploding , he will get hit by all the fragments ( works on any big target , doesn't need drone :p ) dealing quite a lot of damage.

22 hours ago, Koromac said:

- Replace Credit loot spots during the trophy search with Free Loyalty vouchers instead. (the selected hangar would determine voucher drops)

erm... why would you want to take away that extra credit income? loyalty comes fast enough, and items can be upgraded directly and even be used for loyalty income, so you do not need to store all that loyalty;

having a buffer of stored loyalty is rather something you want, but it's not in the benefit of the casual players or the majority of players who do not use licenses, at all.

agreed on everything else, tho.

RF Blaster has been reported quite a couple times now, but i gave up, it seems like the only weapons interesting are the "new ones"

--

still no change on focusing laser or NY.

the front blaster nerf made it more tolerable, still however i doubt there is a big competition for other weapons on CO.

btw. if people want range on weapons, where is the old logic of using cpu modifiers and implants to achieve that?

16 hours ago, xKostyan said:

or vim, freeware

i suppose you meant gimp, vim is a text editor

even if there is a plugin on github to draw with it via commands :p

for the record: i hate gravity weapons in this game.

and i dont mean push and pull abilities, i mean the persistant removal of movement kind of sh*t.

it's one of the major things i really really dislike for a long time now, besides the usual op stuff.

40 minutes ago, g4borg said:

for the record: i hate gravity weapons in this game.

and i dont mean push and pull abilities, i mean the persistant removal of movement kind of sh*t.

it's one of the major things i really really dislike for a long time now, besides the usual op stuff.

I agree, but you forgot the unnecessarily high ammount of enregy break/siphon effects... Two Object NY 18 are enough to disable an entire teams energy regeneration PERMANENTLY... fix this, Devs!

2 hours ago, g4borg said:

i suppose you meant gimp, vim is a text editor

even if there is a plugin on github to draw with it via commands :p

I blame lack of coffe :)

1 hour ago, Flash0914 said:

I agree, but you forgot the unnecessarily high ammount of enregy break/siphon effects... Two Object NY 18 are enough to disable an entire teams energy regeneration PERMANENTLY... fix this, Devs!

+1

reduce the duration to 10 seconds, range to 2km, and seriously, make it only stop base regeneration, then it will all be fine

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, Flash0914 said:

1 hour ago, evo888 said:

+1

reduce the duration to 10 seconds, range to 2km, and seriously, make it only stop base regeneration, then it will all be fine

And remove its capacity to fly in turret mode with no front and no rear side.

And if the "Brokk" Special Module / "Styx Drones" Special Special Module could be able to remove "Gravi-Lens" like it was in the past, that would be nice.

And make one of the Octopus' drones choices able to do it too.

2 hours ago, Rakza said:

And remove its capacity to fly in turret mode with no front and no rear side.

No - that's its unique character.. leave it.

59 minutes ago, Rakza said:

And if the "Brokk" Special Module / "Styx Drones" Special Special Module could be able to remove "Gravi-Lens" like it was in the past, that would be nice.

And make one of the Octopus' drones choices able to do it too.

This:

Star Conflict 1.3.5, April 11, 2016

Special module: ‘Gremlin’ Drones

Special ship module launching drones that protect and repair the ship. Drones can also restore ally shields in the direction of the crosshairs not further than 3500 m. from the ship. All enemy devices are also destroyed in this zone.

When activated, the drone fires a beam in the direction of the crosshairs

This beam destroys all enemy devices (drones, stations, etc.) and restores ally hulls and shields

Why only Octopus/Brokk?

Every time I campaign for (tiny) ECM-like abilities for (federation) engineer drones everyone and her mother is unhappy..

• Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, avarshina said:

This beam destroys all enemy devices (drones, stations, etc.) and restores ally hulls and shields

Hahahaha

Hull Regen on the Gremlin Drones.

Gravi-Lens (aka the Black Hole) isn't considered as an "Object" anymore, in the past you were able to cancel the "Hole" for your allies.

9 minutes ago, Rakza said:

Gravi-Lens (aka the Black Hole) isn't considered as an "Object" anymore, in the past you were able to cancel the "Hole" for your allies.

I feel like more items should be eliminatable this way, as well as making all engineer drones do this, engineers clearing threats is a useful idea that would give them a more versatile role, imagine engineers clearing minefields, disabling anomalies, or neutralizing enemy drones and turrets that would otherwise pose a threat to the engineer's teammates 

8 minutes ago, evo888 said:

I feel like more items should be eliminatable this way, as well as making all engineer drones do this, engineers clearing threats is a useful idea that would give them a more versatile role, imagine engineers clearing minefields, disabling anomalies, or neutralizing enemy drones and turrets that would otherwise pose a threat to the engineer's teammates 

That's what the "Brokk" was doing. Not the Minefields but it was able to do the remaining.

Styx Drones (The farmable special Module that can replace the standard Drones) is doing the same while regenerating much more shield upon activation at lower range.

Not all the "Gold/DLC" Ships are equal apparently, and yes I'm starring at YOU "Orelus / Stingray / Object NY18"

22 minutes ago, Rakza said:

"Orelus / Stingray /

sorry, but no.

orelus has only that unfair 8km weapon.

stingray is fine, even with those regens its health pool is ridiculous, except if you use that 8km weapon

summary, the problem is the 8km weapon.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, g4borg said:

..  orelus has only that unfair 8km weapon.

stingray is fine, even with those regens its health pool is ridiculous, except if you use that 8km weapon

summary, the problem is the 8km weapon.

agree: the 8km (gunship) builds are a problem gunships should have a target max range of (not more than) 5km

Stingray is good looking and a onteresting ship. In good pilot's hands  it is a challenging enemy and that is good

Orelus shmorelus - take away that 8-9km weapon and it will get .. boring ?

I blame active module Magnetic....

It is not insane 8km range that make Orelus OP but that active module Magnetic ....

We don't see any Argonaut gunship to wipe out field and it also have same weapon with same range.

17 minutes ago, GatoGrande said:

I blame active module Magnetic....

It is not insane 8km range that make Orelus OP but that active module Magnetic ....

We don't see any Argonaut gunship to wipe out field and it also have same weapon with same range.

You mean this?

Star Conflict 1.5.0с, January 18

New module ‘Magnetic diffuser’ (aka 'Magnetic disruptor' in Atlas)

• Gunship module

• Ranks: 5-9; 11-17

• Compatible with Phobos, Apollo and premium-ships of the same role

• The enemy receives additional damage when hit by the main weapon

• The damage of different hits does not add up

Spark can have it, too, but ok.

4 hours ago, GatoGrande said:

because the argonaut cannot combine it with the other modules in general, and most ppl who know how to abuse a range poking weapon have the orelus anyway.

some even use the stingray

disgusting.

7 hours ago, avarshina said:

You mean this?

Spark can have it, too, but ok.

Yes, that module MAGNETIC DISRUPTOR is bigger problem then Focusing laser.

I tried both ships and Argonaut can't do even 75% of Orelus damage

On 4/16/2018 at 7:54 PM, niripas said:

It's not. The base range was increased by a few percent.

The range speed bonus was removed.

That is correct and frankly I cant see why so many players complain about that gun. There's no way to get hit by it unless standing still or flying at a CONSTANT straight line. Running away from an attacker using F.Blaster especially flying straight makes it easier to get hit, maneuver and hit the attacker while circling - F.Blaster user is back at spawn. 

The fact the range bonus when flying at max speed has been removed, which is a great thing, makes the F.Blaster an average gun at best given its weaknesses and some range had to be added or else the gun had to be removed as obsolete.

The current update is quite satisfying, there are loads of both materials that we used to get SOME on a daily basis, while now are given the chance to build anything our hearts desire. The OS drops are not that great given some of the guns or modules may take a while to get but like I said, since monos and electrum are VERY easy to farm, am happy with that.

4 hours ago, ComWittman said:

That is correct and frankly I cant see why so many players complain about that gun. There's no way to get hit by it unless standing still or flying at a CONSTANT straight line. Running away from an attacker using F.Blaster especially flying straight makes it easier to get hit, maneuver and hit the attacker while circling - F.Blaster user is back at spawn. 

Mainly because its no-skill gun compared to deconstructor with crosshair sticking. Nimbler ships just strafe away and retaliate, slower ships can't do that when ambushed - before they go away from blaster aiming cone they loose half of health due to abominable high damage.

Meanwhile in star conflict: People still complainging about [Front Blaster], which basically belongs into the history books of SC PvP and is now one of the worst weapons.

Meanwhile, the true problem has never been sovled... Object NY 18 still dominates beacon matches... as a guard... well here goes:

The benefit of having 360° fire angle makes them perfect against any enemy whatsoever, and common tactis, like circeling do basically nothing.

This works great in combination with the newest gun added to the guard arsenal [Proximity Mortar] which is basically [Coil mortar] only that it's shells detonate whenever enemies are near them, making missing almost no option

4000m Energy regeneration denial... leads to you either stay away from beacons, (which will definitively cause you to loose) or you go in the energy break area, which basically kills you

Tactical shielding almost negates all damage, due to the ships overwhelmingly high strafe speed, making it almost invincible in long distance fights, while having [Energy Leak] and other conveniant guard modules to come out on top, when brawling

This thing is basically a monstrosity, that when you see two more on the enemy side than on yours, you can basically call the game lost and be correct 90% of the times.

(Actually that reminds me of something... the destroyer release... pls fix this issue as fast as possible)

actually i counted same amount of people complaining about everybody complaining about fb as people complaining about fb so far.

• Haha 1