DeathWasp

Wolfhound

Recommended Posts

wolfhound.jpg.ff9b066d7ef85a92240659d87b

 

If you want to make Wolfhound balanced with the current "meta" of modules n stupid weapons that are going around, can you please atleast let the wolfhound have this module?

It's stupid that Stringray can have both hull regen and shield while Wolfhound is a weak joke atm. And its not helping by making the special module more powerfull, need smth that makes it survive longer if its supposed to go in and dogfight n stuff.

 

@Akaurl

@CinnamonFake

@Shrike221

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Yes please, i totally agree... it just can't be that stingray is stronger than Wolfhound... it's just unfair.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

NO!

 

NO FUN FOR HIGH RANK SHIPS !!!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 minutes ago, Rakza said:

NO!

 

NO FUN FOR HIGH RANK SHIPS !!!

But... :,(

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Careful what you wish for - I dont see a reason why free 8-9k homing missile ship need any sort of buffs.

And Stingray isnt much more survivable than fathound even with those 2 modules - it helps against plasma webs and maybe plasma guns, but gauss, deconstructor and tacklers still wreck it.

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

That's why Stingays are going for "Deimos Engine/Combat Reboot/Hull Restoration System and Singularity Cannon"

And probably Autorepair/Kinetic Shield Adapter

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, Rakza said:

That's why Stingays are going for "Deimos Engine/Combat Reboot/Hull Restoration System and Singularity Cannon"

And probably Autorepair/Kinetic Shield Adapter

With all that front blaster infestation, Thar'kt and Shrapnel Cloud is more effective.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
36 minutes ago, Rob40468 said:

With all that front blaster infestation, Thar'kt and Shrapnel Cloud is more effective.

I tried the Homing Laser, which is interesting too but Tackler (Fighter in General) and me aren't best buddy xD

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Rob40468 said:

Careful what you wish for - I dont see a reason why free 8-9k homing missile ship need any sort of buffs.

And Stingray isnt much more survivable than fathound even with those 2 modules - it helps against plasma webs and maybe plasma guns, but gauss, deconstructor and tacklers still wreck it.

Im not asking for a special module buff, im asking for ship survivability and the module im suggesting helps with that. Stingray can survive far better than Wolfhound currently does, if you die by a tackler in that ship you suck.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Rob40468 said:

Careful what you wish for - I dont see a reason why free 8-9k homing missile ship need any sort of buffs.

Dreamer... your "free" 8-9k homing missiles come at the cost of -60% special module efficiancy, compared to other gunships, that don't have the missiles. And besides, it's not like those missiles will ever hit something agile. Meanwhile any frigate class will just suck the damage up like nothing. Archangel may be cool, but it is certainly nothing to cry about.

 

Stingray can heal itself back up ti full health in a few seconds by just going full speed, and you call that not much more survivable than wolfie, which can't do anything besides popping those 4k heals every minute?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, Flash0914 said:

Dreamer... your "free" 8-9k homing missiles come at the cost of -60% special module efficiancy, compared to other gunships, that don't have the missiles.

1

I'd love to see your math on -60%

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, DeathWasp said:

Im not asking for a special module buff, im asking for ship survivability and the module im suggesting helps with that. Stingray can survive far better than Wolfhound currently does, if you die by a tackler in that ship you suck.

4

Blame the bonus system since Stingray is R10.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, xKostyan said:

I'd love to see your math on -60%

Hello,

 

I would like to sacrifice this 60% of my Phase Shield to shoot missile while pressing it too.

 

Thank you !

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, DeathWasp said:

Stingray can survive far better than Wolfhound currently does

i can only speak from the killing side, since no hound yet, but it is far more impressive how a wolfhound can escape due to its speed

both are very squisshy tho, and "far better" is a bit of an overstatement.

 

stingray is only special since its one of the only fed gunships, which does not completely suck atm., it does not have godlike abilities either.

 

2 hours ago, DeathWasp said:

if you die by a tackler in that ship you suck.

o _ O

now now, tacklers are effective against a stingray

its not always the one who makes the last shot who caused your death...

you should listen to terrorblade more. ^^

 

5 hours ago, DeathWasp said:

can you please atleast let the wolfhound have this module?

i would make unique modules double as accessible by ships anyway (so expand their usability to one other ship each)

and treat most craftables as premiums

so in general i would not mind

i still suspect this is only an experimentation phase.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, xKostyan said:

I'd love to see your math on -60%

My bad 25% not 20% then it is -50%

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Flash0914 said:

My bad 25% not 20% then it is -50%

now, do you mind translating those oh so huge percentages into actual useful values? you know, like fire rate on a singularity/assault rails, DPS difference on a valid build on the main gun, compare that potential difference to a potential dmg of Wolfhound missiles etc.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, Rakza said:

..(Fighter in General) and me aren't best buddy xD

me too: I tried the Wolfhound but I fly it like a frigate, its terrible, I die so shamefully fast ^^ ...

 

6 hours ago, g4borg said:

..

i would make unique modules double as accessible by ships anyway (so expand their usability to one other ship each)

and treat most craftables as premiums

so in general i would not mind

i still suspect this is only an experimentation phase.

 

yes

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 hours ago, xKostyan said:

now, do you mind translating those oh so huge percentages into actual useful values? you know, like fire rate on a singularity/assault rails, DPS difference on a valid build on the main gun, compare that potential difference to a potential dmg of Wolfhound missiles etc.

Please... you can do the math...

 

Normal gunship in overdrive:

150% efficiancy

Wolfie in archangel:

125% efficiancy + 6 cool but most of the time useless missiles

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Flash0914 said:

Please... you can do the math...

 

Normal gunship in overdrive:

150% efficiancy

Wolfie in archangel:

125% efficiancy + 6 cool but most of the time useless missiles

 

If you are finding those missiles mostly useless that means you are trying to use Wolfhound for something it is not, I would've put Archangel on a Mjolnir/Spark/Piranha in a heartbeat, hitting fighters for 23k thermal dmg is pretty good, 29k on frigates.

 

those 25% "efficiency" difference is only really noticeable in fire rate, let's say you run it under Crit buff, and your main weapon does about 6 000 dps for 8 seconds, so in an ideal situation with 100% accuracy you are looking at 12 000 dmg difference done in 8 seconds (15k in case of explosive weapon vs frigates). And in reality 25% fire rate =/= 25% more dmg, since fire shortens overheating cycle, effectively reducing dps over prolonged time

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, xKostyan said:

 

If you are finding those missiles mostly useless that means you are trying to use Wolfhound for something it is not, I would've put Archangel on a Mjolnir/Spark/Piranha in a heartbeat, hitting fighters for 23k thermal dmg is pretty good, 29k on frigates.

 

those 25% "efficiency" difference is only really noticeable in fire rate, let's say you run it under Crit buff, and your main weapon does about 6 000 dps for 8 seconds, so in an ideal situation with 100% accuracy you are looking at 12 000 dmg difference done in 8 seconds (15k in case of explosive weapon vs frigates). And in reality 25% fire rate =/= 25% more dmg, since fire shortens overheating cycle, effectively reducing dps over prolonged time

 

I very much agree on the arcangel . It's a very good overdrive allowing you to win most if not all fight against other fighter , and to surprise frigates and dessy with a huge burst 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

It's a good counter against guys relying on their FB too much but missiles were never that hard to evade...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Full valley hit is 100 to emergency barrier for pretty much all agile targets, so yeah it better be dodgable

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 hours ago, xKostyan said:

 

If you are finding those missiles mostly useless that means you are trying to use Wolfhound for something it is not, I would've put Archangel on a Mjolnir/Spark/Piranha in a heartbeat, hitting fighters for 23k thermal dmg is pretty good, 29k on frigates.

 

those 25% "efficiency" difference is only really noticeable in fire rate, let's say you run it under Crit buff, and your main weapon does about 6 000 dps for 8 seconds, so in an ideal situation with 100% accuracy you are looking at 12 000 dmg difference done in 8 seconds (15k in case of explosive weapon vs frigates). And in reality 25% fire rate =/= 25% more dmg, since fire shortens overheating cycle, effectively reducing dps over prolonged time

Let me get you with your missile-Wolfhound into custom battle with my Missile boat build of the Wazgot: think who is gonna get out as winner in 1vs1?

Most Wolf-/Fathounds in PvP I eat for breakfast .. sadly so .. and if they want to escape with their high speed - they'll only get seeker hunter missiles chasing them and finishing them .. more sadly .. 

 

You know:  there's a reason why they nerfed - uneccessarily - the Wazgot just prior to the outlet of the first weak r16s ... (I tell you in some t3/4 PvP games with devs and testers just prior to ourlet they got the pants off by my Wzzi and.. disliked that out of the box challenge , I guess .. )

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, avarshina said:

Let me get you with your missile-Wolfhound into custom battle with my Missile boat build of the Wazgot: think who is gonna get out as winner in 1vs1?

Most Wolf-/Fathounds in PvP I eat for breakfast .. sadly so .. and if they want to escape with their high speed - they'll only get seeker hunter missiles chasing them and finishing them .. more sadly .. 

3

Yes, because everything is balanced for 1v1 engagements in custom battle! 

Most Wolf-M/Fathounds, or rather most of the players can be eaten alive in pretty much everything, and those that would tear you apart choosing currently stronger available options for the present metagame.

 

2 hours ago, avarshina said:

You know:  there's a reason why they nerfed - uneccessarily - the Wazgot just prior to the outlet of the first weak r16s ... (I tell you in some t3/4 PvP games with devs and testers just prior to ourlet they got the pants off by my Wzzi and.. disliked that out of the box challenge , I guess .. )

 

4

When one gets himself into thinking that he is something really special, that is when he starts to degradate in that area, since he stops pushing himeself to be better. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
39 minutes ago, xKostyan said:

Yes, because everything is balanced for 1v1 engagements in custom battle! 

Most Wolf-M/Fathounds, or rather most of the players can be eaten alive in pretty much everything, and those that would tear you apart choosing currently stronger available options for the present metagame.

 

When one gets himself into thinking that he is something really special, that is when he starts to degradate in that area, since he stops pushing himeself to be better. 

both true - I admit

getting better is not an unlimited process

beside getting better and striving to get to the top, or collecting everything, or unlock every secret of the game, and min the times of certain PvEs: there is still more to this game like fun and feeling comfortable with one's best loved spaceship in casual relaxed games

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.