CinnamonFake

Star Conflict v.1.5.1 Journey (Discussion)

52 minutes ago, _terrorblade said:

Not really surprising. They have waited weeks to nerf obviously OP things all the time

Remember Thar'Ga :alien3:

It took them literal months to nerf that thing which was literally ruining PvP.

welp they seem not to care much about the quality of games

it kinda is also one of the unspoken reasons people leave

Front blaster and deconstructor need to be re-balanced, not your usual 7% stat nerf, but hey, it's not like anyone is reading this comment anyway, i'll just leave it here, passive-aggressive as usual.

• Upvote 3

33 minutes ago, ORCA1911 said:

Front blaster and deconstructor need to be re-balanced, not your usual 7% stat nerf, but hey, it's not like anyone is reading this comment anyway, i'll just leave it here, passive-aggressive as usual.

Deconstructor was nerfed 10% and special effect by 50% - almost no one is using that as it is on par with any other gun now. However a person that put extra  '0' with front blasters buff should correct that error. 80-90% of teams are now Falcon-Ms and Golden Eagles. There is absolutely no skill involved - I shot down 3 interceptors in a row with doomsdays - they didn't even bother to strafe. The only good thing is that people finally learned to focus fire. If something is not an interceptor - shoot. However. I was shot down more times by a lasers than any of those guns above as they are good maybe against slow flying frigates, but most of the kills are on people that can't fly inties (and still they do) or accidental pot shots. It's chaos. 

Indeed it is, that gun was supposed to involve skill when using it, now people just dart towards eachother in the hope of getting a kill, when dodging even the highest of projectile speeds from it need nothing more than circle-strafing, yet they go in a straight line, now that the gun has some rotation to it you can even strafe and keep your reticle on the target now that it can also snap to it, its definitely vulnerable at close ranges which is what the increased manoeuvrability that comes to it its supposed to help with, getting medals such as lead rain is not fun nor easy now that the meta is EM and thermal damage, my best performance was with the Tai'thaq getting around 8-10 kills in some games, as niri said the Deconstructor cannon is on par with other weapons which means its not going to help out a whole deal, the low range and energy consumption don't make it a good choice anymore, I ended up doing ~350 damage on regular hits on shields, and the hull damage from critical going as low as 100, I even had Cutters struggling to kill me when playing as frigates, the best alternative is to hope the Front blaster will get its righteous nerf in the next patch and have people move on to the next meta that will hopefully be kinetic, I'm putting my hopes onto the Geyser.

On ‎3‎/‎15‎/‎2018 at 7:39 AM, Original_Taz said:

+1,000,000 for patch 1.5.1

In other news the trade system has taken off with a BULL market .... Player market is up 750 points and rising .... If the BULL market continues like this it will be a truly great year for the veteran players that stuck with the game through the hard times ....  Back to you CinnamonFake .... Keep up the good work !!!

they took space drops and minerals from normal game play, hunting freighters was my very favorite part of star conflict,, . they took corp. iridium away  no more  members merely leveling their ship they , must dig out of pocket for the already very rare iridium,  they replaced the drops with stashes ,and took those away ... I had built a dreddy solo , I have now dismantled it , gone  . I logged in lastnight took 15 minutes to catch a single ai run  the server is dead the game has ended . unfortunately the devs have killed the best game on the net and I lament over the loss of such a great game 

I dont know why i even bother with optimizing the durability of my ships, since every kind of tankieness is now obsolete thanks to front blasters.

A simple fix would be just to remove the double range/damage feature ;)

• Upvote 1

@CinnamonFake

It's a nice and easy way to obtain needed module. To improve it you still need to do other activities in the game to gain needed resources.

Forcing players to play a really boring conceived game-mode just to get new weapons/mods is not a good idea. I understand the need for it in campaign but why move everything there?

If the end goal is to get people to spend more time in game why not just make these weapons drop from PvP loot also? That way people who dislike open space gameplay can just have fun in PvP and get modules & weapons that way. As it stands, PvP loot is garbage.

By forcing open space on people you've hurt PvP. Games are now smaller and queues are longer than they were pre-patch

• Upvote 3

27 minutes ago, _terrorblade said:

@CinnamonFake

Forcing players to play a really boring conceived game-mode just to get new weapons/mods is not a good idea. I understand the need for it in campaign but why move everything there?

If the end goal is to get people to spend more time in game why not just make these weapons drop from PvP loot also? That way people who dislike open space gameplay can just have fun in PvP and get modules & weapons that way. As it stands, PvP loot is garbage.

By forcing open space on people you've hurt PvP. Games are now smaller and queues are longer than they were pre-patch

What they said

Picking lootsets before the start of a pvp match like in crossout would fix the issue of hurling people into OS although i see no problems with it much but it does represent itself in later hours.

• Upvote 1

no can do " win pirate fort raid mission " in cainpain ---- i  win in 1 position at r14,15,16 -- but task not end - someone have same sytuation? its bug or do something wrong???

13 minutes ago, solopawelek said:

no can do " win pirate fort raid mission " in cainpain ---- i  win in 1 position at r14,15,16 -- but task not end - someone have same sytuation? its bug or do something wrong???

You have to kill 40 pirates. The description is wrong since the last update.

• Thanks 1

Everything has been said already, but let me add one grumpy voice to the mix. Why is this Front Blaster still ruining PvP!? Just how hard is it to make one hotfix!?

And while at it, how about reducing the duration of Quantum Defence to two seconds or less?

• Thanks 3

Yes, Front Blaster and Quantums.

Some zones, like Control Point are very difficult to farm (I had to give up on R9 Duelist Protocol), because they spawn very few groups of mobs with high density of patrols that immediately obliterate them. Fix that or increase drop chance.

8 hours ago, Vohvelielain said:

Everything has been said already, but let me add one grumpy voice to the mix. Why is this Front Blaster still ruining PvP!? Just how hard is it to make one hotfix!?

And while at it, how about reducing the duration of Quantum Defence to two seconds or less?

How OP is it in a scale from 1 to Over8000?

Also how easy is it to get?

3 hours ago, Tillowaty said:

How OP is it in a scale from 1 to Over8000?

Also how easy is it to get?

Maybe 4 OP, and 2 OP for Quatum Defence.

And ease of acquisition should not factor into this.

13 hours ago, John161 said:

You have to kill 40 pirates. The description is wrong since the last update.

Strange. It was in the description that you need to kill 40 pirates. Maybe next mini update messed things up again...

How is noone talking about the horrible UI changes? 

You can no longer check your missions after requesting launch. Neither can you access the missions if you have been disconnected from your match, since you cannot view the map.

And please, what exactly does the atlas do?

1 hour ago, daAresinger said:

How is noone talking about the horrible UI changes? 

You can no longer check your missions after requesting launch. Neither can you access the missions if you have been disconnected from your match, since you cannot view the map.

And please, what exactly does the atlas do?

UI woes have been mentioned. But there’s so much wrong that it gets lost in the noise 

52 minutes ago, daAresinger said:

also who had the Idea to add more ranks? The playerbase is already too small to support the existing ranks.

I only play against R15s in my R8s

ehhh... In short - ranks in pvp are gone. 

15 hours ago, Vohvelielain said:

And ease of acquisition should not factor into this.

i think he just does not want to try it if its too hard to get ;-)

Also I am not sure if Quantum isn't underrated in opness, since most fb divers would probably not get away without it

and its the coward lack-of-punishment playstyle that is most frustrating. i dont even say anything if someone skillfully dive-kills a target from an unexpected attack vector. it's the way they escape the punishment without any big investment.

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, g4borg said:

and its the coward lack-of-punishment playstyle that is most frustrating. i dont even say anything if someone skillfully dive-kills a target from an unexpected attack vector. it's the way they escape the punishment without any big investment.

I mean its pretty much like a watered down combat reboot

pulsar, plasma web and stuff like that still hits. energy converter also goes through it

IMO it would be fine once front blaster is nerfed