mutsami

Front blaster is breaking games.

12 minutes ago, Rakza said:

The problem isn't the fact you voice your concern.

It's the way you are doing it. You need to explain, give Details and Precise Informations (You can play with Maths if you want)

From your Screenshot (and this post in global), Devs won't nerf something because "OP PLZ NERF".

I dont have the weapon myself and cant do proper testing to give you the "nuts and bolts" and go "indepth" you can take what I say at face value, many people state that the front blaster needs abit nerf, I dont even know why its even up to debate, its blatantly obvious when some gun is broken.

22 minutes ago, xKostyan said:

Ok, but your team is almost fully composed of covops, while his team is a heavy set up, obviously Fblaster much more usefull vs heavy targets "killing them in 2 seconds" judging by ship frames your team probably had 2x Deconstructors and 2 Fblasters (which is a wild assumption but ill roll with it anyways).

Now keeping all of that in mind care to explain how this screen shot is a valid example? Again not arguing about gun power just about the data you provided.

Its just one screenshot, take what you will from it, I uploaded it to have more "meat" to my post sorry for potatoes. Dont overthink it. I'll show you an example, I got peregrine r15 maxed, organge plasma gun and orange orion complex.  (an actual example from my recent games) I cant possibly EVER go through the active module of a r15 jerico command let alone take it down in a reasonable ammount of time (with orange orion complex active) . Just talking about the special module shield. When I flew my command with a pretty tanky build with all due respect an enemy golden eagle went THROUGH my full active module shield and shreded my entire shield and hull (THROUGH ALL of my defensive active modules) killing me in LESS than about 3 seconds. Now to the average Joe like me some red flags went off. Again, through my ronin with an EM shield slot, crystal plates and active module set on EM with 2 shield repair modules ACTIVE - ONE single golden eagle goes through my shield healing and hull in less than one burst (one burst being exactly the stock time it takes for your weapon to overheat). I fly exclusively r15 now and got like 1k games just between the 3 ships mentioned and I never encountered such overwhelming damage outputs. The examples I gave are of ships that I consider have very high effective HP through sustain or raw resistance. I cant turn a blind eye and say things are fine my nasa man.

Very valid points from everyone but kostyan, all he wants is to do is  cry its not broken when the monumental data shows that it is makes me wonder if hes being paid off by th developers to keep this region of the game quiet so they can favor the russians. 

1 hour ago, mutsami said:

The problem isn't the fact you voice your concern.

It's the way you are doing it. You need to explain, give Details and Precise Informations (You can play with Maths if you want)

From your Screenshot (and this post in global), Devs won't nerf something because "OP PLZ NERF".

I’ll give you proof, l will record an entire custom battle with both guns to see the ridicoulus damage they deal. I already did the math above. Ill get a team with those exact modules to show the real-world damage/DPS against fighters/frigates/destroyers. Then will you finally be quiet and agree with us Kostyan? (Not rakaza) 

1 minute ago, SnerpDeg said:

Very valid points from everyone but kostyan, all he wants is to do is  cry its not broken when the monumental data shows that it is makes me wonder if hes being paid off by th developers to keep this region of the game quiet so they can favor the russians. 

I’ll give you proof, l will record an entire custom battle with both guns to see the ridicoulus damage they deal. I already did the math above. Ill get a team with those exact modules to show the real-world damage/DPS against fighters/frigates/destroyers. Then will you finally be quiet and agree with us Kostyan? (Not rakaza) 

Show me a single sentence or post where I said that gun is fine or OP.

How about you actually read what other posts, instead of imagining the meaning in your head.

6 minutes ago, xKostyan said:

Show me a single sentence or post where I said that gun is fine or OP.

How about you actually read what other posts, instead of imagining the meaning in your head.

I dont need to show you its already there. Say its OP. Prove all of us wrong. Your words may of meant something before these updates came and I once thought you were a good pilot, so long as you and others choose to break

this game more by using and abusing broken modules/guns you’re  trash. Simple as that. 

With you, it doesnt need to be said “its not broken” its already there by the way you relply. 

10 minutes ago, SnerpDeg said:

I dont need to show you its already there. Say its OP. Prove all of us wrong. Your words may of meant something before these updates came and I once thought you were a good pilot, so long as you and others choose to break

this game more by using and abusing broken modules/guns you’re  trash. Simple as that. 

With you, it doesnt need to be said “its not broken” its already there by the way you relply. 

:015_2:

The Front Blaster is obviously dealing an unproportionally amount of damage. What are you even discussing at this point? ;)

4 hours ago, SnerpDeg said:

.. is makes me wonder if hes being paid off by th developers to keep this region of the game quiet so they can favor the russians.   ..

what is that? :4880bbba85e9: can we get to constructive discussion please

i think the damage would be fine without aim assist

or vice versa

anyway, i found it more fun without aim assist

now its just disgusting

just as that long range laser thing, does that also have aim assist now or do ppl use aimbots

4 minutes ago, g4borg said:

just as that long range laser thing, does that also have aim assist now or do ppl use aimbots

Aimbots, what else. One of many reasons to avoid PvP for now. Too many cheaters online.

6 hours ago, Scar6 said:

The Front Blaster is obviously dealing an unproportionally amount of damage. What are you even discussing at this point? ;)

This is basically case and point of the discussion of Front Blaster, there isn't much more to be said albeit the arguments that break out from people who have been abusing it since day 1.

FB in particular has come to light since people have been abusing it + quantum defence on Golden Eagles and just obliterating anything larger than an interceptor. One example would be yesterday when I attempted to get the 3x Bulletsponge medals when instead game after game I was met with the same ship setups which made it almost impossible to survive a single assault let alone 5 (I was using my Naga during these games).

I actually used it pre patch, but then it was unviable against the deconstructors

Yesterday I could not help myself but re-equip it, since if so many are using it, you have to use it back. Same goes for the Orelus with the long range 8km laser. Which is insane. So I brought that too. But that's disgusting too, to play. It feels so honorless.

8 hours ago, TheDerpNukem said:

FB in particular

i was like, what has facebook to do with all of this :p

• Haha 1

You see Comrade, to beat the Interceptor, you have to become Interceptor

VaxVWuk.png

• Haha 2

i doubt homing missiles will keep you from being erazed.

Just now, g4borg said:

Well the Golden Eagle is just gonna do a lap around the map to wait on cooldowns then come back and obliterate what hopes and dreams you had.

• Haha 1

10 hours ago, g4borg said:

I actually used it pre patch, but then it was unviable against the deconstructors

Yesterday I could not help myself but re-equip it, since if so many are using it, you have to use it back. Same goes for the Orelus with the long range 8km laser. Which is insane. So I brought that too. But that's disgusting too, to play. It feels so honorless.

i was like, what has facebook to do with all of this :p

Yup. I don’t use a damn thing I say that’s broken. Ever. Those garbage players that do just to abuse it and have fun I pitty.

On 13.3.2018 at 12:12 PM, g4borg said:

not always but always more often("nicht immer, aber immer öfter")

On 13.3.2018 at 12:26 PM, TheDerpNukem said:

Well the Golden Eagle is just gonna do a lap around the map to wait on cooldowns then come back and obliterate what hopes and dreams you had.

well, they can be dangerous, but now not all are :)

2 minutes ago, IFreakinLoveBass said:

More to come.

@xKostyan

You do know that you don't have to fly forward to achieve a required speed for maximum dmg? Combine that with some coolant for a weapon and w/e you are showing here would be peanuts. 

The weapon should most likely go back to the drawing board(a topic for another discussion is the whole Idea of weapons specific to a given model of a ship is dumb to begin with).

For starters, being locked to only firing directly forward is not enough of a disadvantage for an interceptor to have this much of a DPS boost over other weapons.

Secondly, that disadvantage is almost completely negated by all the aim-assisstance and non-weapon stats the weapon provides.

Finally, the speed gating on the damage/range is completely superfluous, the weapon should have consistent parameters regardless of movement pattern and the play style encouraged should be implied by those, not a compulsion of an explicit gating mechanic.

Ideally, the weapon's list of special characteristics should just read: No turret rotation.

Perhaps it should also be a thermal weapon, because that's the damage type of other big alpha weapons(Torpedoes, Disintegrator, etc.).

You wanted proof @xKostyan here you go. This test is with 'Conformist booster' applied, and most of the time it's on EM. I have about 270/340 resistance at all times with this booster and in these select scenes. 

I saw quite a few references to a Front Blaster coming with an aimbot and that it shouldn't. The thing is, Front Blaster has exactly the same Aim assistance as any other projectile based weapon in the game, it has same aim assist as a gauss or assault rails or Plasma gun etc. The only difference is that FBlaster does have a weapon vector visualized as an own marker, so it is very clear how aim assists work visually.

The original implementation of F-Blaster was a hard mounted, its turrets had zero degrees of freedom and were aligned with ships model, and as expected it did not work, since anything that is hard mounted to ship direction simply can not work in Star Conflict due to the huge amount of factors, devs tried to stick with their idea and buffed dmg on it twice, and after that did not work it was given some degree of movement freedom (which is btw is a square and not an oval, which makes no sense, so if you do use it, use it in dioganal movements, you'll have more room for aiming), but as always, previous "attempts to buff it" were not rolled back, so we ended up with this.

I think the angle should become a bit wider, but at the same time dmg and projectile speed should be lower, and of course, double stats at max speed make no sense as well.

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, xKostyan said:

Front Blaster has exactly the same Aim assistance as any other projectile based weapon in the game

you cant tell me all other projectile weapons have this huge lock on zone

it goes way more in the direction of the thi'es than a gauss.

1 hour ago, g4borg said:

you cant tell me all other projectile weapons have this huge lock on zone

it goes way more in the direction of the thi'es than a gauss.

Yes I can, because it is :)