debianmainuser

Crash In-Game-OpenSpace, PvP or Other Missions

Greetings....

I'm getting InGame crashes in OpenSpace, PvP or Missions. Seems to "trigger" during firefights or other intensive graphics use. I will be playing along & the game just crashes--no screenshots available. Game logs show "Out Of System Memory!!!" My System is an i7-3930K with SSD drives & 16G of ram. Gamelogs included.

2018-0310-09-04-44-game.log

2018-03-10-08-58-49-game.log

2018-03-10-08-52-42-game.log

OK--I set all video settings to "medium" & did a normal OpenSpace session--no crash. I'm using nVidia GTX 960 4G cards (SLI), so I "should" be able to set all the setting on High.

no crash here, i5 @3.4GHz + GT640 nvidia prorietary driver

could be many reasons, surge, heat dust ...

47 minutes ago, avarshina said:

no crash here, i5 @3.4GHz + GT640 nvidia prorietary driver

could be many reasons, surge, heat dust ...

Hmmm---UPS on the system--water-cooled cards--what driver are you using?  I'm on Debian Sid---driver is 390.25

nvidia-384.111

contacts and contacts of watercooling plane to gra-card chip ṕlane

monitor heat of both card (or one has heat probs other not)

dunno SLI on Linux (never tested it/never had it)

Well-I didn't have problems before the update.....so I think there is the problem. I reduced the graphics & have not had a crash yet. I monitor the temps very closely on my system---it's a BOINC cruncher when I'm not gaming with it...

It may be useful if you take a look at Ram and Vram consumption of star conflict. If it really uses 4gb+ then it is probably a memory leak.

Makes sense--with everything set to"high" it crashes & as soon as I went to "medium" no more problems...Interesting that it will maxout 2 GTX960 4g cards......must be a leak that medium is good enough for...

Getting the same issue.

This happens more quite often during PvP fights. To workaround this, I have to flight to that point on map manually instead of leaping.

On 8/2/2018 at 2:27 PM, seyon36801 said:

Getting the same issue.

This happens more quite often during PvP fights. To workaround this, I have to flight to that point on map manually instead of leaping.

Crashed at linux-gate.so