TheDarkRedFox

Fox's quick n dirty guide to OS 2.0

Recommended Posts

Thing 1:

     First off, you will all be forced in to Ellydium Theta. That nasty, overcrowded station will be your first available sector in all of open space as of first joining. If you want to travel to other sectors, you will need to grab a ship, and fly to each of them once MANUALLY. Meaning that to get to it via fast-travel, you must first get there via your ship in space.

     Typically what you would want to do is grab a recon or another super fast ship and dive through all of the "stations" so that you can travel around faster. Just suit up and haul out to get to the Empire Station, Federation Station, then the Jericho Station. Once you have visited each of them, you will be able to warp to them via the map from any hangar.

Just click on them on the map and select your ship!

 

Thing 2:

     Secondly, you will need to understand undocking costs. If you are undocking from Ellydium Theta, Guardian, New Eden, or Mendes, it will be 100% free no matter where you are.

     If you select any other sector and try to warp there, it will cost you 2 Iridium. This is a very meager cost to save a lot of time, but you will quickly find yourself running low on Iridium if you don't watch out.

     You are also now able to "Return to dock" from anywhere in space for free now. It will not consume a duplicator. Though if you are destroyed, calling a new ship will still use up a duplicator.

 

 

Thing 3:

OPEN SPACE IS PROFITABLE AGAIN!!!!!

     If you find rumor of a nifty module or weapon that you like, check the "Atlas" on your profile. Go to the suspect item and click on it. It will then show you where you need to go to get that item in Open Space! It will take some time, so bring something that can hold up in a fight and preferably self-regenerate. Find the sector that your item drops in, go there, and kill everything red. Absolutely everything. No survivors. About 5% of the time, an enemy will drop a random complete item like a gun or a module. If you get lucky, it will be yours!

     If you find lots of items that you don't need, ask around with other players and see if you can work out a trade while in space. Likely, someone needs what you found, so there's no point in letting it go to waste~

     Pick up as many "Pirate Stash" containers as you can find, because they now contain nearly everything that is in Mysterious Containers.

     You will also no longer find cargo drones above gates. However, due to recent changes, you can send cargo to the dock simply by returning to dock and warping back. There are also cargo drones hidden in logical places around some maps. You just have to look for them!

 

 

If I missed something important, I will add it when I realize.

 

Last updated: Patch 1.6.x (revision 3)

  • Thanks 3
  • Upvote 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, TheDarkRedFox said:

Thing 1:

     First off, you will all be forced in to Ellydium Theta. That nasty, overcrowded station will be your first available sector in all of open space as of first joining. If you want to travel to other sectors, you will need to grab a ship, and fly to each of them once MANUALLY. Meaning that to get to it via fast-travel, you must first get there via your ship in space.

     Typically what you would want to do is grab a recon or another super fast ship and dive through all of the "stations" so that you can travel around faster. Just suit up and haul out to get to the Empire Station, Federation Station, then the Jericho Station. Once you have visited each of them, you will be able to warp to them via the map from any hangar.

Just click on them on the map and select your ship!

 

Thing 2:

     Secondly, you will need to understand undocking costs. If you are undocking from Ellydium Theta, Guardian, New Eden, or Mendes, it will be 100% free no matter where you are.

     If you select any other sector and try to warp there, it will cost you 10 Iridium. This is a very meager cost to save a lot of time, but you will quickly find yourself running low on Iridium if you don't watch out.

     You are also now able to "Return to dock" from anywhere in space for free now. It will not consume a duplicator. Though if you are destroyed, calling a new ship will still use up a duplicator.

 

 

Thing 3:

     OPEN SPACE IS PROFITABLE AGAIN!!!!!

If you find rumor of a nifty module or weapon that you like, check the "Atlas" on your profile. Go to the suspect item and click on it. It will then show you where you need to go to get that item in Open Space! It will take some time, so bring something that can hold up in a fight and preferably self-regenerate. Find the sector that your item drops in, go there, and kill everything red. Absolutely everything. No survivors. About 5% of the time, an enemy will drop a random complete item like a gun or a module. If you get lucky, it will be yours!

If you find lots of items that you don't need, ask around with other players and see if you can work out a trade while in space. Likely, someone needs what you found, so there's no point in letting it go to waste~

     You will also notice that the spatial scanner can no longer find "Mysterious Containers". However, pick up as many "Pirate Stash" containers as you can find, because they now contain nearly everything that was in Mysterious Containers.

 

If I missed something important, I will add it when I realize.

 

Last updated: Patch 1.5.1

4

 

I really like your post :good:

Well, the only important thing that you missed is an explanation where did cargo drones go? 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The cargo drones are still here, but their in random locations and they aren't at the warp gates like they used to. You gota hunt them down in each sector until an official map comes up here.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Quote

You will also notice that the spatial scanner can no longer find "Mysterious Containers".

 

So what are spatial scanners good for now?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, demaneR said:

 

So what are spatial scanners good for now?

I still need to use mine because containers are now far and few between, so you won't be cluttered like before. Ores drop ores. Containers drop items. Enemies are easy to spot. Space feels a lot cleaner now that fuel and credit drops are gone.

 

Bur yeah now it is good for hunting down pirate stashes and items that enemies dropped. Bc it's always something good now.

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'll most likely spend all my time in os now^^, you forget to add that playing in group is more profitable in terms of drop rate and I also think that players in group can all pick up the same containers that get dropped

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 minutes ago, EndeavSTEEL said:

I'll most likely spend all my time in os now^^, you forget to add that playing in group is more profitable in terms of drop rate and I also think that players in group can all pick up the same containers that get dropped

True

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, HBZK100 said:

The cargo drones are still here, but their in random locations and they aren't at the warp gates like they used to. You gota hunt them down in each sector until an official map comes up here.

 

And this is spouse to be better? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, GatoGrande said:

 

And this is spouse to be better? 

Yup. From drones I found to this day they are in the most logical places to send cargo from. Like in the Mining sector - it's located at the mining building.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, niripas said:

Yup. From drones I found to this day they are in the most logical places to send cargo from. Like in the Mining sector - it's located at the mining building.

 

My friend, If I know something for sure here is that nothing is logical.

For me is user unfriendly that cargo drones were moved.

Or better to say that they are hidden now. 

This is just some pointless waste of time. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, GatoGrande said:

 

My friend, If I know something for sure here is that nothing is logical.

For me is user unfriendly that cargo drones were moved.

Or better to say that they are hidden now. 

This is just some pointless waste of time. 

Try for yourself. I found them in few locations - in all of them they were in the most logical places. Near cargo containers, asteroid with ores etc. One is in a place that you can literally pick up 5-6 ores and drop them to the drone under a minute. Cmon, even PvE doesn't have such a drop rate.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

also, my favorite thing, ellyidium theta no longer lags my game, I normally hated OS because anytime I went to ellydium theta (annoyingly often) my game would constantly freeze due to all the things happening. I can now fly in OS! HOORAY!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Mostly the NPC AI controlled enemy ships are a bit easier to fight off and are somehow rather similar in stats (survivability, damge, etc):

  • Pirate type ships use maninly kinetic weaponry
  • Aliens use EM weaponry
  • Look out for the Krystallid ships with green homing EM bubble main gun projectiles, they are dangerous

Every exclamation mark mission on the MAP can be done without docking the station in the sector (no need to dock to Jeri station if you want to do Jeri open space missions)

 

We need more open space dedicated spaceship build options:

After Fleet-Upgrade, and with this great open space now, how about "Open Space-Module Upgrade"?

  • Spatial Scanner could reveal cargo drone locations on the mini-map ?
  • How about golden hull modifier Extended Crystal Plates with +3/+6/+9 more cargo places (inty/fighter/frig)?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Voydwalker said:

can you list sectors with cargo drones found in them? my 17k range recon seems to be blind for them :)

 

It is logical :good:

Just 

Ask @Niripas he will tell you how to find them.

:yes_yes_yes:

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.