CinnamonFake

Star Conflict 1.5.0e (Discussion)

1 hour ago, g4borg said:

well if you got to ask, you might rethink what makes you think its not, and why you keep reiterating your comparison with the phase suppressor so religiously. i would still take a rf blaster for the same targets you tested, anyway.

Because they have the same range, same DPS and very similar crit chance and damage  and previously Destructor was called OP based on its ability to kill guard frigates and destroyers. 

1 hour ago, g4borg said:

the only reason it may not be called op is that covert ops in general die relatively easy to many counters. since adaptive nerf, they just have bad tanking options, and passive slowing auras nerfed the speed fight doctrine in total. note that in the time of thermal op blaster, the covert ops enjoyed a niche for example, as it could counter a loki effectively, simply by sneaking up and delivering damage fast. it was still underpowered however in the big picture, and has to get used to the spawn screen, or keep out of battle a lot.

the projectile speed is fast enough, there is no reason to mention it as a negative. yes you might be outplayed in a duel, even by a shrapnel. but its not that big of an issue to hit (and even kill houdini-taikins)

in the current meta where you got lots of damage sources, the alpha of the weapon is the deadly part, its not the overall dps, otherwise we would be complaining about the front blaster and its 4k dps

So basically the only problem with this gun is dmg/shot. 

Phase suppressor doesn't have the extra dmg on critical hit that deconstructor does :facepalm:

Yeah, limiting regen is cool but unless target is guard with shield booster or being healed actively you dont get much value from that. The alpha dmg you can get out of deconstructor is far superior

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, _terrorblade said:

Phase suppressor doesn't have the extra dmg on critical hit that deconstructor does :facepalm:

Yeah, limiting regen is cool but unless target is guard with shield booster or being healed actively you dont get much value from that. The alpha dmg you can get out of deconstructor is far superior

So that 1.2k damage that can be easily mitigated to nil/almost nil makes it OP? Also that would be a very bad guard build without 2 shield boosters.

1 hour ago, OwnageMaster said:

So that 1.2k damage that can be easily mitigated to nil/almost nil makes it OP? Also that would be a very bad guard build without 2 shield boosters.

The Deconstructor gains its strength from a relatively high alpha damage in conjunction with the Orion Complex. Furthermore, it is a kinetic weapon, which gives it access to mods that improve its projectile speed.

I found it significantly easier to deal damage to nimbler ships whith this weapon. Primarily because of its superior projectile speed, fixed extra damage (fixed value, no "explosive damage mitigation") and improved alpha attack capabilities.

It's downside, the energy drain is negligible in combat, since many jericho ships regenerate energy while taking damage.

I would love to see this weapon's characteristics on the rather lackluster Light Coil Mortar for command ships. The energy drain would force a more tactical approach on when to shoot and the damage couldn't be affected by the Orion.

9 hours ago, Scar6 said:

The Deconstructor gains its strength from a relatively high alpha damage in conjunction with the Orion Complex. Furthermore, it is a kinetic weapon, which gives it access to mods that improve its projectile speed.

I found it significantly easier to deal damage to nimbler ships whith this weapon. Primarily because of its superior projectile speed, fixed extra damage (fixed value, no "explosive damage mitigation") and improved alpha attack capabilities.

It's downside, the energy drain is negligible in combat, since many jericho ships regenerate energy while taking damage.

I would love to see this weapon's characteristics on the rather lackluster Light Coil Mortar for command ships. The energy drain would force a more tactical approach on when to shoot and the damage couldn't be affected by the Orion.

Finally someone that could explain this in normal words, not going ape. Thank you. 

That extra crit damage can be easily nullified, btw, even on interceptors. So basically you confirmed what I was saying - it is too good against small targets. 

Also I love the solution :) IMHO LCM and DC should swap their characteristics.

As I don't fly Interceptors, I wonder how much Damage DPS or per shot a premium like Golden Eagle R15 will do max alpha dmg + crits dmg + 108% Orion Complex on plus whatnot with the Deconstructor weapon on? 20k?

40 minutes ago, avarshina said:

As I don't fly Interceptors, I wonder how much Damage DPS or per shot a premium like Golden Eagle R15 will do max alpha dmg + crits dmg + 108% Orion Complex on plus whatnot with the Deconstructor weapon on? 20k?

Something like that, but only if you shoot a Destroyer with low resists inside the damage aura ;)

51 minutes ago, avarshina said:

10715 with 117% crit damage and 108% Orion shooting target with 0 kinetic resists.

Does quite a bit more with those low rank bonuses, considering that my Panther is getting killed with two shots.

I don't know how big those resistance bonuses are for R12 ships these days, but I probably had shield kinetic resistance over 100.

64AA8D800394F6E9A04894CBD0254218933B4EE5

11 minutes ago, Vohvelielain said:

Does quite a bit more with those low rank bonuses, considering that my Panther is getting killed with two shots.

I don't know how big those resistance bonuses are for R12 ships these days, but I probably had shield kinetic resistance over 100.

64AA8D800394F6E9A04894CBD0254218933B4EE5

I really dislike the fact, that r11 prems like the Cutter or Sawtooth get superior weapon bonuses (Sawtooth for example: +20% damage and +20% crit damage) on top of low rank buffs.

This does obviously make a hell of a difference in high rank gameplay :S