CinnamonFake

Star Conflict 1.5.0e (Discussion)

24 minutes ago, niripas said:

Let's do the math - highest damage you made is 785 in 1/3 of a second with critical bonus. Let's assume you have 104% crit bonus, that gives us 1154 dps base. Heavy blaster with curved is doing roughly 3400 dps, so we have 66% damage reduction. That's roughly one thermal modulator + signature masking in passive mode  without even touching phase shield or around 200 thermal resists. One thermal + phase shield can easily do this. 

Dunno about the rest as first entries are over a second apart - were you shooting from the max range or something? Then you have HB ramp up, 320 damage in 0.35 seconds that's roughly 1k dps, crit goes on - doing over 2k dps, last entry is a projectile just after crit - 0.055 seconds, doing again around 1k dps. For now nothing strange is going on, but I can be mistaken.

I should've take a video... I can give whole log if you want, that's a snippet where I seen anomaly. I have 80% crit damage. Second part surely was when our command used valkyrie. I was shooting from about 1.8km before deconstructor covies wrecked me apart (over 3k hits but whatever).
That BT was unkillable. The more allies shooted at it, the less damage it got (from adaptation mechanism and conformist) to the point, where it got 2 digits. I never had situation before that weapon dealt less than 3 digits apart from command DS.

Yes - some guard build are particular strong, now (agaisnt my WazGot) but I was hoping for equal good stuff to come for Engineers. And: I like that the guard are tanky now. They are still not unkillable: if they come with gunships, or fighters in convoy, I finish the fighters first and then the guards.

• Upvote 1

I think the NY ship's abilities are a bit on the OP side, especially the shield module due to its low cooldown and rather strong effect on allies.

it is a guard hard to kill by itself, even if you hit it a lot, while it does increase the survivability of ships around it

my biggest problem is, these abilities have no mechanical counter, and totally ignore established meta rules, like existing modules (ecm&command missiles, shield leech, havoc, etc)

and i can also say this about other new modules, like when mobility modules and invuls dont drop bombs, or e.g. the energy converter not being counterable with ecm or command missiles, same as the wazgot emergency warp away module seems to not be counterable, etc.

Just nerf the deconstructor like they nerfed the thermal energy burner, it was too annoying and outclassed every other weapon like the deconstructor does

1 hour ago, SniperNoob117 said:

Just nerf the deconstructor like they nerfed the thermal energy burner, it was too annoying and outclassed every other weapon like the deconstructor does

And Phase Suppressor. If Deconstructor is OP then Phase Suppressor is even more as it basically kills healing on a guard with the same DPS as Deconstructor.

5 hours ago, g4borg said:

I think the NY ship's abilities are a bit on the OP side, especially the shield module due to its low cooldown and rather strong effect on allies.

it is a guard hard to kill by itself, even if you hit it a lot, while it does increase the survivability of ships around it

my biggest problem is, these abilities have no mechanical counter, and totally ignore established meta rules, like existing modules (ecm&command missiles, shield leech, havoc, etc)

and i can also say this about other new modules, like when mobility modules and invuls dont drop bombs, or e.g. the energy converter not being counterable with ecm or command missiles, same as the wazgot emergency warp away module seems to not be counterable, etc.

the NY18 has some pretty big weakpoints, firstly, it's pretty vulnerable without its teammates, if it's on its own it is an easy kill, its modules are easily counterable, the energy stop can be countered by engineers. the tactical shielding can be easily popped, that is if you aren't handicapping yourself by playing an interceptor, but the point is that against any ship meant for combat the shield is toast.

so please, would the interceptor pilots please stop being this vocal minority that ruins everything? we don't need a repeat of what you did to destroyers

Yeah, its pretty good, its not a killer and its not unkillable either, but combining the energy system destabilizer and the destructor makes those deccon covies run with the tail between their legs, and most of the time they don't get away, which is awesome, melts command shields, and negates engi heals, but that's about all that it can do by itself, its not too fast either, it has the acceleration but not the max speed.

1 hour ago, OwnageMaster said:

And Phase Suppressor. If Deconstructor is OP then Phase Suppressor is even more as it basically kills healing on a guard with the same DPS as Deconstructor.

Except that Deconstructor doesn't have any spread effectively while Phase Suppressor has on, which makes Deconstructor far superior against smaller targets.

5 hours ago, John161 said:

Except that Deconstructor doesn't have any spread effectively while Phase Suppressor has on, which makes Deconstructor far superior against smaller targets.

why is spread different against smaller and bigger ships? how is its damage mechanic in game exactly? does any body know?

2 hours ago, avarshina said:

why is spread different against smaller and bigger ships? how is its damage mechanic in game exactly? does any body know?

Mmm the higher the spread the closer to the target you have to be to make all projectiles connect with the target.

Things like RFblaster with default spread will miss alot of shots effectively reducing effective dps at mid ranges, even shooting at destroyers.

Spread used to be one of the major and common balancing factors in weapons, it is a shame it is no longer the case, since it creates less variety.

That's clear, from what you say, damage reduction by spread is is a function with factor of the weapon calculated to distance of target. But how is spread applied in the game in regard to ship size? Is there a factor due to ship size, as with missiles (fighter=1, inty=0.66,frigate=1.25,destroyer=2.0)? I fear not.

1 hour ago, avarshina said:

That's clear, from what you say, damage reduction by spread is is a function with factor of the weapon calculated to distance of target. But how is spread applied in the game in regard to ship size? Is there a factor due to ship size, as with missiles (fighter=1, inty=0.66,frigate=1.25,destroyer=2.0)? I fear not.

Dude, don't over think things, there is no dmg reduction, your bullets literally miss intended targets which means you do less dmg

and what about a big target? and what about a very big target?

3 hours ago, avarshina said:

and what about a big target? and what about a very big target?

The Bigger is spread more you miss or in other words closer you have to be to hit target.

Technically none of them would have spread if you used semi-auto firing, but that either requires to time your clicks so you fire at the same rate as if holding down or spamming the mouse which is more tiring and wears the mouse down.

6 minutes ago, xXThunderFlameXx said:

Technically none of them would have spread if you used semi-auto firing, but that either requires to time your clicks so you fire at the same rate as if holding down or spamming the mouse which is more tiring and wears the mouse down.

Wrong, Only deconstructor has 0 degree spread and a such low firerate that you easily can click fast enough. Even if you would click fast enough with Phase Suppressor the spread would increase because of the high fire rate.

Not really, unless you get a high firerate, but at close ranges you might be better off holding down the mouse.

9 minutes ago, xXThunderFlameXx said:

Not really, unless you get a high firerate, but at close ranges you might be better off holding down the mouse.

You are better of with holding the mouse button never down with the Deconstructor as you shouldn't do it with no low fire rate weapons (Deconstructor, Quantum Railgun, Singularity Cannon,..)  because it gives your weapon the possibility to cool down slightly between the shots and to reduce the spread.

15 hours ago, John161 said:

Every person I asked flying interceptor with Deconstructor said he can dodge it most of the time, while killing off small targets that are flying straight due to low projectile speed. 

Against Guards - Deconstructor is basically useless if such guard will have any form of healing. Phase Suppressor has no such issues. So here you have it - dedicated anti-small non-maneuvering target weapon and anti-frigate weapon. Why one of them is OP and the other one is not?

4 hours ago, xXThunderFlameXx said:

3 hours ago, John161 said:

Wrong, Only deconstructor has 0 degree spread and a such low firerate that you easily can click fast enough. Even if you would click fast enough with Phase Suppressor the spread would increase because of the high fire rate.

Sorry for coming back to the spread issue: does some body have a math model of spread functioning in this game?

I mean, I really liked the idea of the Vulcan railgun -awesome stats it seemed - but on a frigate it is a rather useless weapon. Too much spread, to less compensation by raising crits - too low range and you will have to use CPU slots (which you mostly do not have, because you need range radar for example).

In lower ranks it is op in higher ranks it can not deliver its base stats to targets, even if I click-fire in a adapted rhythm to avoid heating up and spread build up.

It is a toy weapon with no real use that has to much downsides. I hope that Egineer frigates will get an improved EM-Eclipse launcher (0 spread, for kinetic weapons with spread we have enough).

Nor it seems that I can use the Vulcan's spread for my advantage in close range against quick moving targets trying to use the very high spread for my advantage to at least hit the small fast ship very close by..

Can somebody please help me make sense out of this, or maybe I have not observed properly?

Such a dual use weapon would be the kicker for slow sluggish frigates..

Came back to see new patch! 

I really enjoyed getting shot, behind the cover, while i wasnt even targeted. The new nirv murv gun or whatever.. Its awesome! 

All the flashy new stuff, now i have sparkles flying off me while im cloaked. Yay, i always wanted to be like edward! Twilight ftw! 

With all the new stuff and flashes and stuff that kept happening, for most of the time i didnt had a clue if i was getting shot, of buffed, or frakked in my thrusters.

Keep up the good work!

• Like 1

4 hours ago, OwnageMaster said:

Why one of them is OP and the other one is not?

well if you got to ask, you might rethink what makes you think its not, and why you keep reiterating your comparison with the phase suppressor so religiously. i would still take a rf blaster for the same targets you tested, anyway.

the only reason it may not be called op is that covert ops in general die relatively easy to many counters. since adaptive nerf, they just have bad tanking options, and passive slowing auras nerfed the speed fight doctrine in total. note that in the time of thermal op blaster, the covert ops enjoyed a niche for example, as it could counter a loki effectively, simply by sneaking up and delivering damage fast. it was still underpowered however in the big picture, and has to get used to the spawn screen, or keep out of battle a lot.

the projectile speed is fast enough, there is no reason to mention it as a negative. yes you might be outplayed in a duel, even by a shrapnel. but its not that big of an issue to hit (and even kill houdini-taikins)

in the current meta where you got lots of damage sources, the alpha of the weapon is the deadly part, its not the overall dps, otherwise we would be complaining about the front blaster and its 4k dps.

On 25.2.2018 at 2:08 PM, _terrorblade said:

I'm sure they'll nerf it soon. Just waiting for more people to buy it

probably, yeah. i hope they find a good nerf which doesnt cripple the ship, as its mechanics look promising.

but if they support each other, and even get wazgot warp-away-defense its just fighting against a never ending shieldwall.

21 hours ago, evo888 said:

the NY18 has some pretty big weakpoints, firstly, it's pretty vulnerable without its teammates

lol, this is true for every ship. but to be honest, its not like it dies so ultra fast and easy on its own, even amongst guards, its pretty strong.

however we were talking about the synergy they have together. and its not just hating on it, so no need to defend it, if you like the ship. i have nothing personally against it.

2 hours ago, avarshina said:

Sorry for coming back to the spread issue: does some body have a math model of spread functioning in this game?

If the spread is distributed evenly you can get a rough idea of percentage of hits at range x with f(x)= (r²π/(cos(α)/x)²π) where r is the radius of the target and α the spread. You can ofc replace r²π with a more precise surface that is facing you.