CinnamonFake

Star Conflict 1.5.0e (Discussion)

when i have chosen a module or something

the flashing white rectangle is annoying

also dont remove the long range missile from the recon..

need new pvp mode..

also your staff is too rude in here and they always pro russia and anti US..

this is not a good place to do that..

CinnamonFake (Posted )

Recon upgrade is coming, it will not remove anything, only add)

Good update and i find things surprisingly balanced. I mean the things came with this update.

CinnamonFake (Posted )

3 ship roles more and there's a big OS campaign coming

Quite pleased with the current update which mainly concerns Guard role buff [?] - havent had yet the chance to use all the new modules. There is a specific guard module/weapon with huge range with kinetic damage. The Guard is now in position [apart from the anomaly generator and the nearly 10k range] to inflict serious damage Vs Destroyers. Despite the fact that Guard is a role I'm particularly fond off, I see the Destoyers getting cornered even more and there is no need to repeat here everything that is already known. Their inability to deflect unoticed attacks from Cov Ops with Arch/Deconstructor, low maneuverability, huge rep. costs, very long respawn time, short active range of several weapon systems [pyro 5,4k - tempest 5k], no repair modules [hp from drones which rep insignificant amount per sec], shields depend only on regen, among many others, please restore the Destroyers. They are the largest in-game ships, the highest cost to build and equip and the most time consuming of them all. All ships Vs Destroyers get a damage buff Vs them while the Destroyer inflicts stadard damage Vs all the rest with the exemption Vs other Destroyers.

• Upvote 1

Great update once again, few weapons need a re-balance tho, the new plasma devastator which is way too weak, dmg and projectile speed, the MIV which is extremely hard to use due to his inaccuracy, and the cov ops deconstructor that still require a nerf.

About new modules in general, I found that most of them have a way too long cooldown to be effective(i'll make the list later on).

Attila seem once again to not work correctly after this update, but since I'm not sure about i'll do more test.

Thanks and good job, waiting for the over hyped os update and my baby wolfhound!

E.

Just now, _terrorblade said:

when will engineers get new stuff? I hope it’s not last. 

I've heard it will be right after the recon

no nerf for deconstructor... still collecting data?

3 minutes ago, g4borg said:

no nerf for deconstructor... still collecting data?

I collected all data for deconstructor. 

After all hard work I think that it is working perfect.

Why do you complain? 

Do you think that we need to buff it?

41 minutes ago, SunnySweet said:

Do you think that we need to buff it?

Nope, it needs a nerf.

2 hours ago, EndeavSTEEL said:

cov ops deconstructor that still require a nerf.

Nerf the damage on this thing by 33%.

11 minutes ago, xKostyan said:

I wonder what kind of nerf you think deconstructor deserves? 

Damage reduction. No skill weapon that tears almost any ship in 5-10 hits, interceptors, only 1-2 hits.

• Upvote 1

5 hours ago, TheShooter36 said:

Good update and i find things surprisingly balanced. I mean the things came with this update.

cant understand russian english..

22 minutes ago, Koromac said:

Damage reduction. No skill weapon that tears almost any ship in 5-10 hits, interceptors, only 1-2 hits.

Don't get me wrong - after some testing I have to agree with Kosty. It is an annoying gun - that's true. However it has a very slow projectile - and due to the game engine you can actually hear it when launched and dodge. Base effect DPS is the same as phase suppressor. So let's sum this up:

- against destroyers - it has the same DPS as Phase Suppressor

- against interceptors - slow projectiles makes it easy to dodge

- against fighters - empire fighters - yes, it is efficient if interceptor is not killed quickly, fed fighters - they can usually dodge

- against frigates - almost the same efficiency as phase suppressor, critical hit effect is annoying, though

It's a sneaky gun, but can be countered. From posts on this forum I see there are pilots that already figured it how, so I will not spoil their advantage in that matter.

10 minutes ago, driversar said:

What is not clear in that sentence? I will gladly help.

NY18 with Energy destab and Destructor, if any of them decide to attack you plop those bad boys down and they won't be able to use their weapons or run, chase them down with the pulsar and tactical shielding, they cannot get in the deadzone cause NY18 doesn't really have one, pretty much impossible to die to one in a 1v1 or even 1v2.

15 minutes ago, niripas said:

- against fighters - empire fighters - yes, it is efficient if interceptor is not killed quickly, fed fighters - they can usually dodge

- against frigates - almost the same efficiency as phase suppressor, critical hit effect is annoying, though

1: hahaha no, the Suppressor is Nothing close to that beast :007_2:

2-3: the weapon have some kind of proximity sensor a bit like proxi mortar so it's harder to dodge it than i might look like

4: same as 1

• Upvote 1

29 minutes ago, driversar said:

i think it was clear enough

24 minutes ago, niripas said:

Don't get me wrong - after some testing I have to agree with Kosty. It is an annoying gun - that's true. However it has a very slow projectile - and due to the game engine you can actually hear it when launched and dodge. Base effect DPS is the same as phase suppressor. So let's sum this up:

It's a sneaky gun, but can be countered. From posts on this forum I see there are pilots that already figured it how, so I will not spoil their advantage in that matter.

I don't think it should be flat out nerfed, but I do think it needs some adjustments, I think it should offload some of it's overall DPS to fire rate, reducing alfa dmg, as is it just scales too well with Orion + crits and IMHO way t comfortable to use, allowing you to realise whole Orion value with just couple of well-aimed shots, while if you use other guns you have to hit continuously for 4 seconds (except shrapnel), which again requers you to alin for 4 seconds and prep weapons for it, like Plasmagun/ RFB spread, or spin up SkraH etc.

Alternatively, it could be made into more prominent anti heavy weapon, with less projectile speed (Kinetic bonus on WakiR was really uncalled for) 

About this update: It's okay. I am pleased with it. But there is other stuff that needs to be addressed, but still isn't.

The Guard update:

You should add the Proximity Mortar - all 3 Guard weapons in this update, but you haven't. This is wrong, in my opinion.

Same goes for the Mine Adapter module - 2 modules in total. If you're so concerned about profit, at least make it available in the Store again until the sale expires.

As for the other stuff that's still ignored - Secret Projects ships and Destroyers:

As usual, Secret Projects are completely neglected as you can't equip (almost) any of the new modules on them.

Why the hell did I build all 9 Secret Projects when I can't use (almost) any of the new modules? Make them Premiums if you have to if you're so concerned about the profit!

Really, they are the most underused ships now. You're only promoting content that needs GS. I hope this is not a sign of darker times. In any case...

About progression - loyalty vouchers:

Also, I am FORCED to play Rank 15 all the time if I want to complete a loyalty contract. Rank 14 or lesser won't count.

And yes, having such a ship slotted won't help me, because I need to use it!

You need to make sure that allowed Ranks are implemented instead. Rank 11-15 (hard/expert difficulty).

Current practice is counterproductive, not to mention the tons of resources that I had lost thanks to the cap limit.

About Destroyers:

What about Destroyers? Sirius has no special weapon that can be used, but Tyrant and Vigilant both have it.

We need a new EM weapon - some sort of EM zapper or something, based on Tesla technology.

Destroyers are still too weak now. Using one alone is a suicide, no matter the skill. Pirate Base Raid (Round 1) with Destroyer will most likely result in failure as well.

Other balance issues:

The Deconstructor weapon needs slightly higher spread and 33% less damage done to targets.

As for other weapons, like said in the EndeavSTEEL's post, some other minor changes are needed to other weapons as well. Simple enough.

Bugs: The most annoying or relevant bugs that I reported, are still not fixed. Please, fix those six now. It's been ages.

Bug ID: 0059889, 0071235, 0074557, 0076980, 0081267, 0081385.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, EndeavSTEEL said:

Phase Suppressor is not an explosive (kinetic) weapon. It's a thermal weapon! Deconstructor is one!

Destroyers:

Native explosion damage vulnerability - all incoming explosion damage is doubled.

Add +50% bonus damage (1km or less) and you get an additional boost to damage. Destroyers are a toilet paper, nothing more!

Phase Suppressor is an explosive weapon, 50m range but its one of those weapons which has the info and then its gone, it comes back, aaaand its gone!

28 minutes ago, xKostyan said:

I wonder what kind of nerf you think deconstructor deserves? 

4 minutes ago, xKostyan said:

I don't think it should be flat out nerfed, but I do think it some needs adjustments

i did not mean removing all usability, only that it should be reduced in effectivity, does nerf not simply imply that?

short: i do agree, the alpha might be the problem.

however you cant simply move it to firerate 1:1, since that will make high firerate builds even stronger.

you know, percentage increases increase larger values even more.

1 minute ago, xKostyan said:

spin up SkraH etc.

to be honest skrah went from top to flop quite quick with that change.

i'd hate it too if it goes that far. i'd take the damage nerf instead if offered.

--

tell me tho, why even equip any other weapon on a covert ops now. shrapnel? rf blaster? why bother aiming for no damage!

the secondary damage would not even be necessary for it to be strong, but its a nice lol sometimes.

of course, some people are less versatile. range doesnt matter anyway with covops, well except the few i saw, who prefer to stand still using a horizon build.

its also a really strong weapon for a dogfight thanks to the proxy fuse.

you may happen to have energy denial, which not every role or even ecm has, since it uses energy as drawback. and okay, covops still die relatively fast compared, that didnt change much, and luckily the meta has enough other interesting stuff, like long range orelus arousal.

full kinetic builds and armadillos are cut  bombed through effortlessly.

and if you get close to a destro and activate some orions, holymoly.

i fly it, but its disgusting, however any other weapon makes you feel like a fool on covops.

1 minute ago, niripas said:

phase suppressor? aha... okay...

whatever.