ToyFluffy

AFKing Missions

Now we have all seen the guys with an engineer or a destroyer out in OS just sitting there and we laugh to ourselves about the AFKing player. Some of us at one point or another will either shoot at them a few times or use our ship/weapons to  move them way out by their lonesome on the edge of the map somewhere. But a rather disturbing thing I am noticing is players AFKing PvE. Defense Contract in particular you will see a player come in and drift. Might have some sort of bot that has them with their engine running and firing a weapon but they never fire at anything in particular just fly off in a strait line firing their weapon. Sometimes you get disconnected in a battle  especially on launch but when you see the same person repeatedly doing it what should be done?

• Upvote 1

Do you have logs of those matches? Screenshots? Name of the player? Anything to prove your claims?

Such offenses, if proven, always result in a permanent ban.

• Upvote 1

If you see someone AFKing missions, aka do nothing yet not kicked out (the client has a timer to detect AFK), that means they are purposely avoiding being AFK flagged, most like using some script for that.

Report such encounters

OK LET ME BE  CLEAR  ABOUT THIS  .... THERE ARE AFK PLAYERS  BUT  WITH THE NEW MODULES AND THE R-14 DESTROYERS  YOU CANT MOVE  .... so PLEASE don't make a  disaster for the rest of us  because you saw a few idiots afking a map ... I want to use my mauler without getting booted  every 2 minutes for afking ... I also want to use my Tyrant in stand still mode without being booted every 2 minutes ... if  enough players whine about the 3-5 players a week they see afking we will all go back to strafe only pve and and the new modules and special modules wont be worth a sh*t anymore .... PLEASE JUST LEAVE IT ALONE !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

No in these case they will fly a strait line across the map engines going guns firing. Ive more than once checked to see if they were disconnected thinking that was what was going on. But after getting Defense contract with the same player and the same thing happening 3 times in a row without it showing them disconnected then I decided to ask. This is normal in co-ops but im just now starting to see it carry over into PvE

Also something to point out is that a easy way to spot a bot is how much eff they have. A bot will most always have 0 eff points.  And bots have a pattern ie, W+LMB+Alt. Which also makes them easy to spot.

They will occasionally have and assist or two that's usually when the ship is a command or cov ops though.

Yeah just right click on their name and report them. Usually within the day someone will ban them

2 hours ago, TheDarkRedFox said:

Yeah just right click on their name and report them. Usually within the day someone will ban them

I'd be very interested in examples of this happening.

I've given up reporting people for AFK botting in PVE and PvAI. The last guy I reported (repeatedly) won the 'weekly PVE victories' award (this wasn't the first time that this has happened).

Chatted to niripas (GM) to discuss the situation and was informed that no reports had been made about the pilot in question.

Then that's a bug that needs to be looked in to

at the end of the day why does anybody care at all? ... this sh*t happens so little that only a small % of the player base even sees it  ... GUYS IF YOU START ROCKING THE BOAT WE WILL HAVE A MOVEMENT BOOT IN AFFECT AGAIN AND LRF's AND DESTROYERS WILL NOT BE ABLE TO PLAY THE WAY THEY WANT AGAIN ... LEAVE IT ALONE!!!!!

1 hour ago, Original_Taz said:

at the end of the day why does anybody care at all? ... this sh*t happens so little that only a small % of the player base even sees it  ... GUYS IF YOU START ROCKING THE BOAT WE WILL HAVE A MOVEMENT BOOT IN AFFECT AGAIN AND LRF's AND DESTROYERS WILL NOT BE ABLE TO PLAY THE WAY THEY WANT AGAIN ... LEAVE IT ALONE!!!!!

Not sure what you are trying to say.

If someone is cheating you should report it.

2 hours ago, demaneR said:

I'd be very interested in examples of this happening.

I've given up reporting people for AFK botting in PVE and PvAI. The last guy I reported (repeatedly) won the 'weekly PVE victories' award (this wasn't the first time that this has happened).

Chatted to niripas (GM) to discuss the situation and was informed that no reports had been made about the pilot in question.

Yup. Last week we had a chat about such behaviour with other GMs and Devs. If there are reports for this - that's bannable practice and it is being enforced. HOWEVER. We need reports for that. If you see such thing - report, if possible - record and in report put a link to the video. That will have immediate response (minimum penalty is 1 day ban, if repeated - it can go up to infinity). 

I'm not saying don't report it  , I'm saying  I don't want to be  booted  for standing still as I shoot from a distance  again like it was before they fixed the movement boot for inactivity .... I personally like to park 8000 m away and fire at the cruiser  sense its impossible to tank the 10 missile launchers that fire 2 shots a second ... so you strafe or park at 7000+ meters .... now you can park at 2000 meters and fire away with the Mauler ...  if  there is too much stink about a few idiots afking  they will bring the movement boot back and that will be  bullsh*t like it was before  with the only way to do the mission without dieing is  by using strafe

6 hours ago, Original_Taz said:

Because sometimes you need all your players in PvE. 1 person cant always carry the whole team and sometimes its a push for 2 people. A person AFKing a PvE potentially makes it a waste for other players.

6 hours ago, Original_Taz said:

I'm not saying don't report it  , I'm saying  I don't want to be  booted  for standing still as I shoot from a distance  again like it was before they fixed the movement boot for inactivity .... I personally like to park 8000 m away and fire at the cruiser  sense its impossible to tank the 10 missile launchers that fire 2 shots a second ... so you strafe or park at 7000+ meters .... now you can park at 2000 meters and fire away with the Mauler ...  if  there is too much stink about a few idiots afking  they will bring the movement boot back and that will be  bullsh*t like it was before  with the only way to do the mission without dieing is  by using strafe

It's not about you or cloaked/spatial locked ships. It's about people that click PvE, set autofire on their mouse or/and putting something on their movement keys and going AFK. 

When life happens, the system will detect that and mark you afk, removing from the battle, and that is fine, but if you sit there avoiding afk detection on purpose via automation or manually while reading a book - those deserve a kick in the nutz with a ban hammer.

14 hours ago, xKostyan said:

When life happens, the system will detect that and mark you afk, removing from the battle, and that is fine, but if you sit there avoiding afk detection on purpose via automation or manually while reading a book - those deserve a kick in the nutz with a ban hammer.

Leave it to Kos to put it so elegantly.