MercenaryPines

Is the Open Space Mission "Winter Mayhem PVP" biased on HRs?

I see this mission as literally impossible, no matter whatever I do. This mission appears to be biased on those who have r14 destroyers and can LITERALLY destroy an entire squad. I got a full squadron and eventually a massive wing of r8s - r12s and we still couldn't even destroy anything. It was either that cybers were going across, or some r14 destroyer decided to plunge in and ruin everything. Sadly, I see this PVP mission as a big mistake, it's too hard, and too little rewards, yet the big guys can sit at the gates, and camp until you have no duplicators left. I quit this mission, and I only go there to destroy a couple of cybers for the other missions. I hope Gaijin could consider this, and maybe set a balance or rank-category for ships until the event is over. Before you can say "L0l get good, u n00b, get canc3r cuz u d0nt know how to play lolol u got roasted ahahahahaha so home and d1e". We don't get good in a second, an hour, not even a day. I can tell you the average player won't get up to rank 10 until this event is over. Which by then a ton of us will be upset and find this forum post to be the exact opinion they see. If it was easy passing those campers, I congratulate you, and maybe you'll ignore this and get back to your farming.

the way to do this mission is in a 2 team match .... bring 6 or more dupes and fly covert ops  ..go invisible and fly away from spawn gate  kill your team 5 times and they kill you 5 times  far away from the spawn campers  + a covert ops can bring 50 aliens to spawn gate and wipe out 150 players there if you want

Oh, c'mon. There's no need for tricks. I've done all the Research station missions with a tackler built for OS farming and not for PvP. Just find a group of people killing each other and poke around with a laser or something and when someone dies you get the kill for assisting. You may need a few dups but nothing serious.

Either pick a friend and farm each other or go in and fight someone, it takes very little time.

I did this one yesterday in a generic gauss setup Sword AE and began a bit of a brawl, other than that as others have said, take a friend and take turns killing each other - it isn't too hard to do.