TheDarkRedFox

Midas Beam [Module]

Name: Midas Beam

Type: Active Module

Recharge: 60s

Projectile speed: 1,200m/s

Tooltip: Flings a cannister of fusion-capable nanobots at the crosshairs. If it hits an enemy, their hull is slowly converted in to gold flakes that fall off and form a trail. Allies flying through this trail gain a massive credit bonus after battle.

4 hours ago, TheDarkRedFox said:

Name: Midas Beam

Type: Active Module

Recharge: 60s

Projectile speed: 1,200m/s

Tooltip: Flings a cannister of fusion-capable nanobots at the crosshairs. If it hits an enemy, their hull is slowly converted in to gold flakes that fall off and form a trail. Allies flying through this trail gain a massive credit bonus after battle.

I think a better way to handle this would be in a similar way to Reactor Overload. Killing ships within 10 seconds of them getting hit with the module causes the ship's wreckage to be made of gold. From there allies can interact with the hull and will subsequently be given a credit bonus. Because of the extra difficulty involved in actually getting the wreckage the credit bonus can be bigger. It would  be prudent to cap how many times a player can pick up gold wreckage, to avoid the pilot who has actually has the module installed from hogging them all, because naturally he's would be closest. It would also stop people just going into Co-op vs AI and coming out with million+ rewards. 

I want it! Spam it in pve for 1000kk every battle! xD

i legitimately want this, nice to see more greek inspired modules

Needs to deal minor DOT to affected targets hull while turning it to gold bits, could be renamed to "Midas Cannon" instead of a beam, seeing as it fires a canister and not a beam, needs a max range, needs to completely drain energy or something to balance it if it's going to effect currency gain, should give a buff to allies that stacks up to (and caps at) like +20% credits or something (reasonable) at r15 by flying through a trail for 20 seconds, and they lose the credit buff if they die on that ship, also it should be a premium module (don't call me an idiot for saying this, premium modules don't get upgrades, so you wouldn't have upgraded like +25% credits at mk4 or something, should be static for something like this, and premium is associated with currency gains, something seems a bit off about buying something with credits that would generate credits, this way we could keep it as a nice bonus to have, but it wouldn't become the META for credit gains).

56 minutes ago, PapyMcBites said:

Needs to deal minor DOT to affected targets hull while turning it to gold bits, could be renamed to "Midas Cannon" instead of a beam, seeing as it fires a canister and not a beam, needs a max range, needs to completely drain energy or something to balance it if it's going to effect currency gain, should give a buff to allies that stacks up to (and caps at) like +20% credits or something (reasonable) at r15 by flying through a trail for 20 seconds, and they lose the credit buff if they die on that ship, also it should be a premium module (don't call me an idiot for saying this, premium modules don't get upgrades, so you wouldn't have upgraded like +25% credits at mk4 or something, should be static for something like this, and premium is associated with currency gains, something seems a bit off about buying something with credits that would generate credits, this way we could keep it as a nice bonus to have, but it wouldn't become the META for credit gains).

Yeah original idea was a lazor, but that fizzled because I wanted it to require at least SOME skill.

Not sure how I feel abiut it being a premium module but I get where you're coming from.