Recharge: 120 seconds

Energy: 500pts

Start range: 3,000m

Final range: 12,000m

Flare radius: 600m

User damage: 25% hull

Barrel speed: 25deg/s

Barrel speed on activation: 10deg/s

Tooltip: A frightening module with the destructive capacity of a supermassive black hole. Activation creates a bright and damaging flare around the user for 4 seconds, then fires a thin beam of condensed energy at the crosshairs for 5 seconds. If the beam sweeps across an enemy, it is instantly destroyed. If the 150m field around the beam sweeps across an enemy, they take 9,700-13,950 thermal damage over 6 seconds. The beam grows in intensity until it fades at the maximum range. Once the beam stops, the user takes massive damage due to the energy pillar collapse.

Meant as a tactical "big lazor" type weapon for destroyers to use. I feel like destroyers are almost weaker than some frigates right now, and just don't feel very powerful. This, along with the ability to sweep the pyro beam, would make an EXTREMELY fun flight with destroyers. I love big death beams and heavy feeling weaponry. The slower it moves and more powerful it is, the better.

Forwarded :)

Hell yea everyone love big damn lasers :007_2:! Cooldown seem a bit too long tho, I think 60sec will be rather good

1 hour ago, EndeavSTEEL said:

Hell yea everyone love big damn lasers :007_2:! Cooldown seem a bit too long tho, I think 60sec will be rather good

it has an insta-kill potential, the cooldown is fine

• Upvote 1

It would instakill any destroyer. Destroyer combat would evolve into 'who can activate dat deathray first'.

It should also not be possible to move the laser with crosshairs. It could wipe an entire frigball with no real way to counter it. I am not a fan :/

40 minutes ago, Scar6 said:

It would instakill any destroyer. Destroyer combat would evolve into 'who can activate dat deathray first'.

It should also not be possible to move the laser with crosshairs. It could wipe an entire frigball with no real way to counter it. I am not a fan :/

Suuuuper slow barrel movement on activation tho.

Wouldn't this also make PvE and Spec Ops waaaaaayyyy to easy?

1 hour ago, Scar6 said:

Wouldn't this also make PvE and Spec Ops waaaaaayyyy to easy?

Frick I forgot about that. Maybe it should just deal insta-kill damage values instead of just insta-killing. That way if you do resists right you might survive it in a dessy. And that way you won't one-shot PvE bosses.

3 hours ago, TheDarkRedFox said:

Frick I forgot about that. Maybe it should just deal insta-kill damage values instead of just insta-killing. That way if you do resists right you might survive it in a dessy. And that way you won't one-shot PvE bosses.

i thought that would be assumed, the devs are crooked, but they aren't dumb@$$es