evo888

What is this?

so i was flying around in OS using my reaper, and when i entered colonization hub, my game froze, and when it got back, I was flying this thing, it appears to be a silver imperial recon interceptor of some kind, and when I self destructed the system didn't return me to the hangar. but seriously what the hell is this thing

screenshot-171124-171310.jpg

screenshot-171124-171318.jpg

Weird, it looks like you took control of an AI ship, no weapons and missiles, and the weirdest thing is no module slots, the model is the old one too.

No you jumped in to a test server some how. It's happened before but usually you get to play with some crazy messed up ships with wrong modules and stuff. Super fun. Enjoy while you can. XD

Last one was like a Razor with guard modules and stuff.

That looks like one of them mining recon ships in OS which fly in groups and take like one shot to kill xD

i had 100 hull 100 shield and 100 energy.

i was also too low rank to use any of the gates and all the gates appeared as grey rather than blue, plus when i self destructed it cut to the map as if i was supposed to respawn, but there was no timer

1 hour ago, TheDarkRedFox said:

No you jumped in to a test server some how. It's happened before but usually you get to play with some crazy messed up ships with wrong modules and stuff. Super fun. Enjoy while you can. XD

Last one was like a Razor with guard modules and stuff.

and there was NOTHING cool about the ship i was in

It could be a test server, hence the battle mode in OS, imagine if we could have PvPs or PvEs over multiple maps separated by warpgates, hm...

1 hour ago, xXThunderFlameXx said:

It could be a test server, hence the battle mode in OS, imagine if we could have PvPs or PvEs over multiple maps separated by warpgates, hm...

They've existed since OS existed. OS is based off of copypasta from other  modes so it makes sense that the old code would sneak through every once in a while. May or may not be a true test server but more of a playground.

2 hours ago, xXThunderFlameXx said:

imagine if we could have PvPs or PvEs over multiple maps separated by warpgates, hm...

it's called eve :p

the instancing would not allow it to be fun tho, imagine both jump through and you land in different instances :)

also it could become unfair, if one side brings 20 players, and stays in an instance, but the max is 32 players, the others can only bring 12. numbers fictional.

but i was always for "faction wars", where you have a nonstop battle in a sector by two reinforcing AI forces, and ppl can take sides evolving into a giant clusterf

actually any little thing to influence the sandbox for a while would be great.

but then... its just what pvp does.

That actually gave me an idea, the devs could make a historical battle mode, recreating battles that took battle in the history of the game, kinda like in Warthunder, you can only use specific ships and specific weapons and module setups, and do all kind of objectives, like destroying structures defended by players and so on.

so, that silver skin looks awesome. i wonder if i could get a copy of it on my Styx