TheDarkRedFox

The FX Mk4 "Harvester" [Ship]

Recommended Posts

"Initially a mining ship, the FX Mk1-2 were k own widely throughout the Empire as the most efficient miner and hauler in the fleet. It's superior engine power, capacitor strength, and cargo bay allowed it to outperform any other vessel. It was only when the Invasion struck that the Empire wanted more from it. It was still used primarily as a mining ship, but its modules and abilities got a major overhaul. It's primary mining lasers were refitted to support mounting heavy weapons with higher energy supply. It's mining laser was re-fitted on to the special module compartment and given a tremendous boost in energy output. It's mining drones were equipped with the latest engine technology to pursue targets and melt their hulls with lasers. It's tractor beam was also given a much higher quality resonance chamber for longer range and faster pull. The FX Mk3 was an engineering marvel, but only lacked the shielding to sustain itself. After various failed field tests, the designs were scrapped and the blueprints were hidden away.

Or so the Empire thought...

Some years later, the blueprints for the ship appeared on the mercenary market with only one change: the absence of a traditional shield generator. Instead of having a shield emitter, a modular barrier system was fitted around the hull of the ship to project small barriers in whichever direction damage was coming from. Only a few barriers could be held up at one time, but it was enough to throughly negate much of the damage that made it fail its field tests. It has sense seen a great presence on the battlefield due to a mysterious manufacturer flooding the market with discount models."

 

 

 

Name: The Harvester

Type: Empire Engineering Frigate

Rank: 10

Shield volume: 5pts

Shield regen: 0pts/s

Hull volume: 12,725

Hull regen: 0pts/s

Energy volume: 1,150pts

Energy regen: 300pts/s

Max speed: 380m/s

Afterburner energy draw: 200pts/s

Passive effect: The cargo bay is extended by 6 slots by default.

Passive effect: Shield is replaced by modular sections in every direction from the ship. Incoming fire will be absorbed completely by the modular shields, but only 5 shields can be operational at once. The shields will try to absorb the most damage possible. Shields will absorb 75% of explosion damage.

 

Special Module: Fission Melter

Recharge: 25s

Tooltip: Fires a thick beam of thermal energy in the direction the ship is facing. Beam fades at 2,500m and deals 8,450 thermal damage per second for 5 seconds.

 

Main weapon: Overcharged Radiation Beam

Range: 3,750m

Tooltip: Fires a single thin beam of energy that slices right through enemy ships and can hit many ships until it fades out.

 

Module: Mining Drone

Energy: 200pts

Recharge: 15s

Tooltip: Releases an overhauled mining drone from the bay that will pursue the locked target, or the nearest target to the user. Fires a single thermal laser that deals 875 damage per second. Max of 6 drones deployed at once.

 

Module: Bracer Shield

Energy: 100pts/s

Recharge: 30s

Range: 3,000m

Tooltip: Applies a static shield to the locked ally within 4,000m that faces in the direction their ship is facing. The barrier will never fade unless LoS is broken or the target flies out of range. The shield slows the ally by 15% when applied.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, TheDarkRedFox said:

ModuleMissile: Mining Drone

Energy: 200pts

DPS (thermal) - 575 dmg./s.

Damage (thermal) - 1150 dmg.

Rate of fire - 30 rounds/min.
Projectile speed - 350 m./s.

Recharge: 15s

Charges in cartridge - 3 pts.
Cartridge reloading time - 120 s.

Tooltip: Releases an overhauled mining drone with 750 hull strength from the bay that will pursue the locked target, or the nearest target to the user. Fires a single thermal laser for one second that deals 875 1150 damage per second. Max of 6 drones deployed at once.

 

Module: Bracer Shield

Energy: 100pts/s

Recharge: 30s

Range: 3,000m

Tooltip: Applies a static shield to the locked ally within 4,000m that faces in the direction their ship is facing. The barrier will never fade unless LoS is broken, or the target flies south out of range, or the user runs out of energy. The shield slows the ally your ship by 15% when applied active.

8

Slowing your allies seems like too much of troll potential.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 minutes ago, PapyMcBites said:

Slowing your allies seems like too much of troll potential.

Thats why it's only 15%. Maybe should be lower or something. Idk.

 

And the mining drone things are meant to be scary laser pew pew thingies that track your target, not pulse laser junkies. Also, totally not a missile slot function. That's attack drones or torps or cruises etc.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

i like the concept, the shield style feels too unique for the devilopers to put on any non-ellydium ship though

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, evo888 said:

i like the concept, the shield style feels too unique for the devilopers to put on any non-ellydium ship though

Just bc it's unique doesn't mean it is required to go on an elly ship.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

tell that to the devs, i love the concept, however i feel like no shield at all would be really fun to work with, what sort of implications would it have? the multiple barrier system is kinda weird. and it would take a LOT of firepower for ships without explosions to even touch this thing, just look at the turtles in PVE for example

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, evo888 said:

tell that to the devs, i love the concept, however i feel like no shield at all would be really fun to work with, what sort of implications would it have? the multiple barrier system is kinda weird. and it would take a LOT of firepower for ships without explosions to even touch this thing, just look at the turtles in PVE for example

Its meant as a target for multiple people. And the modular barriers would render lasers moot which I love.

And it would be doable solo but would just take a little tactical knowledge. Like slinging missiles etc.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

i get that thi'lith is good at hitting targets and kind of annoying, but this still feels surreal, plus as an R10 it would enter T3 PVP sometimes (F*cking matchmaking) and screw up the balance even more than 2 spawnkilling destroyers

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, evo888 said:

i get that thi'lith is good at hitting targets and kind of annoying, but this still feels surreal, plus as an R10 it would enter T3 PVP sometimes (F*cking matchmaking) and screw up the balance even more than 2 spawnkilling destroyers

I really only made it R10 because of OS ship limits. It was originally gonna be R8. XD

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, TheDarkRedFox said:

I really only made it R10 because of OS ship limits. It was originally gonna be R8. XD

hmm, i feel like the shield system would be problematic though, it'll block most weapons, and cancel 75% of pretty much every other damage, the only weapons I don't necessarily see being affected are the annoying fighter weapon with the slow orbs that bypass stuff, sk'rah (maybe), waz'gul (maybe), g'thar'du, and halo launcher

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, evo888 said:

hmm, i feel like the shield system would be problematic though, it'll block most weapons, and cancel 75% of pretty much every other damage, the only weapons I don't necessarily see being affected are the annoying fighter weapon with the slow orbs that bypass stuff, sk'rah (maybe), waz'gul (maybe), g'thar'du, and halo launcher

Any splosive, piercing, AoE, etc weapon, module, or missile will bypass it to at least some degree. And any shots that go through when other sources of damage are present. Bc ya know only a few panels would be active at once.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, TheDarkRedFox said:

Any splosive, piercing, AoE, etc weapon, module, or missile will bypass it to at least some degree. And any shots that go through when other sources of damage are present. Bc ya know only a few panels would be active at once.

exactly, meaning most weapons deal either 25% damage, or none whatsoever, I see no way to balance this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

maybe if it could enter a lockdown mode where these barriers were active but it couldn't move, that would be fun as someone with Dag'tnith, the 3 engineer auras, and an A1MA could lockdown and become some kind of one-man battle station

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

"when engines aren't on"

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, TheDarkRedFox said:

"when engines aren't on"

yeah, what if the special module was 3 of drones, and the drones could be toggled to either:

-shoot enemies, (normal drone stuff)

-immobilize your ship, but start projecting the shield effect (1 barrier per drone)

 

it would be effective, but still have counters (namely Styx combat drones, and pyro emitter)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, evo888 said:

yeah, what if the special module was 3 of drones, and the drones could be toggled to either:

-shoot enemies, (normal drone stuff)

-immobilize your ship, but start projecting the shield effect (1 barrier per drone)

 

it would be effective, but still have counters (namely Styx combat drones, and pyro emitter)

Absolutely not.

 

I specifically mean the drones to be basically just laser attack drones. Exactly the same in all regards aside from the weapon they use.

 

And an alternating spec mod like this would be absolute shite. Not only because it's just a useless "not a shield" but 3 shields would be stupid easy to get around.

 

Heres my final offer for balance:

 

 

Static shield plates can only have 5 active at once, and it takes 0.5 seconds for them to change position once they are on.

 

That way, if you circle them, or they move too quickly, the shields stay down enough for you to deal damage, but not enough to make it completely useless.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, TheDarkRedFox said:

Absolutely not.

why not?

 

the problem normally is that the barrier system makes a ship that's harder to kill than a day one Tai'kin

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, evo888 said:

the problem normally is that the barrier system makes a ship that's harder to kill than a day one Tai'kin

How would you know?

 

Also remember that ALL damage done to the ship directly affects the hull. There is no actual shield.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, TheDarkRedFox said:

How would you know?

 

Also remember that ALL damage done to the ship directly affects the hull. There is no actual shield.

yes, how much damage is gonna get through 5 barriers and a 75% explosive resistance?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

all these barriers should at least have some health system

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, evo888 said:

yes, how much damage is gonna get through 5 barriers and a 75% explosive resistance?

A whole hecking lot because of spread, motion, different damage sources, and your teammates.

 

Remember everyone targets the thing that is different. So in the beginning this ship would be punished in to uselessness.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, evo888 said:

all these barriers should at least have some health system

"max of 5"

"0.5s refresh period"

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, TheDarkRedFox said:

"max of 5"

"0.5s refresh period"

yeah, that makes sense, so i'm guessing vulcan could still land hits due to a high ROF

 

2 minutes ago, TheDarkRedFox said:

A whole hecking lot because of spread, motion, different damage sources, and your teammates.

 

Remember everyone targets the thing that is different. So in the beginning this ship would be punished in to uselessness.

how large are these barriers?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, evo888 said:

yeah, that makes sense, so i'm guessing vulcan could still land hits due to a high ROF

Yup. High RoF and spread will actually make it a lot easier to hit the hull.

Quote

 

how large are these barriers?

Look at normal hexa-shield bits on command ship. Stick 7 of them together. That's about the size. A bit too small if you ask me, but hey. People don't know sh!t.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

k, i was confused, i thought there would be 5 whole indestructible dessie barriers just constantly orbiting the ship

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.