CinnamonFake

Game Development Plan

65 posts in this topic

Dear players! Star Conflict development process goes on, and that is why we would like to present the updated development plan for our game. Take notice, that this document reflects only the major changes. In addition to implementing parts of the plan, we are constantly fixing bugs, introduce smaller improvements and tweak combat and economic balance. We also continue developing and assessing new and existing gaming opportunities.

Check out new development plan for Star Conflict on our website!

9441085d9f222291ec984dd08087.jpg

• Thanks 3

nice! can't wait to see all these change and the fresh aspect they will give to the game and i hope in the best way possible!

my attention stick on that current artwork, if this is what i think we'll get more station with a similar structure of ellydium station which is awesome!

look like we'll be able to explore space in it's deepest location and so more hostile territories! and i'm sure this will be linked to new ships currently on the way

got my support and keep up the good work! :) --> waiting some concept art if possible :p

• Like 1

oh god, i was paranoid that they were going to delay the standard redesign by another 4 months

I wait Open space and rework of design old ship, but.....new weapon, module and too ship? new cheat and new nerf after :007_2: it's sure yhea.

This is genuinely terrifying:

59dfebf92baa1_canyounot.png.fd1d5a7928be

Can you please not pay to access a game mode we HAVE to play to progress?

• Sad 1
  • Upvote 2

7 minutes ago, PapyMcBites said:

yea they need to remove this.. that's really scary

Considering how ridiculous this is getting, I've prepared this short infographic. I wouldn't be surprised if this was accurate:

59dfefa05e162_whatIthink.thumb.png.7b8f1

• Upvote 1

On 10/12/2017 at 6:27 PM, PapyMcBites said:

if a price is added, then we will all stop paying, jk we will never pay at this point

MORE price updates.............TRANSLATION everything that you sold to get credits is now not only a limited resource but also worthless............. An Ellydium ship costs 150,000,000 credits to upgrade and fit modules and weapons on up to rank 12 . Now that EVERYTHING we were selling is worth 350 credits do you ignorant fools think we will pay $700 to buy 150,000,000 credits to upgrade Ellydium ships ?

TRADING SYSTEM..............WORTHLESS now . Why even have a trading system if all your going to do is  drop 1000's of EVERY resource effectively killing ALL trade and  NOT drop the one component EVERYBODY needs making it worth 1000's of GS effectively killing ALL trade ?????????????????????

NERF'S.........Why do you sell a OP ship for 1000's of GS and then nerf it to the point NOBODY uses it any more  then come out with another OP ship for 1000's of GS the next day ? Only to nerf that ship just before the release of a new, expensive, OP ship that we all know will be nerfed in less than a month????????

MATCHMAKING...........The worst I've seen in all the games I've played.....Why don't you incorporate the  find group button with the matchmaking system  so we ALL can see what other players are queuing for and can then slot ships accordingly. the current system is a complete disaster and has been for over 6 months now . We are ALL aware that this game has so few players that its never going to work until more players  start playing ... Why not just do it like  PVE   R1-5    R6-10   R11-15  and be done with it once and for all ??????????

• Upvote 1

ARIADNE'S THREAD.........Almost impossible to do at R11-15 in a random group . the limited player base  makes finding a  4 destroyer group extremely difficult forcing everybody to do Ariadne's thread at R-10 so you can actually do it in a random group

• Upvote 1

CO-OP.........Too OP at R-10 - R-12 . this has been a  constant complaint for  months now ........ When is it exactly your going to start listing to the players feed back ?????????

In regular updates we’ll work on:

• Balancing of game modes, technologies and equipment.
  • Further work on adding and improving new types of weapons and modules.
  • Improvements in PvP and PvE game modes, based on player comments and suggestions.
  • Haha 1

These are our current long-term development goals:...........Lets hope that one of those goals is actually marketing to your players and increasing the player base rather than to your investors and decreasing the player base ..... after all we are the ones paying for this game.

4 minutes ago, Original_Taz said:

Improvements in PvP and PvE game modes, based on player comments and suggestions.

Really not sure why they even included this line lol

• Like 2

i had my own interpretation...

permacloak? ha. we all can't wait for the ecm who can stun the enemy team for 10 minutes over the map

sarcastic satire alert.

section a
  • new ships and maps will be added, given the last elly ships are still not here, you never guess what it will be!
  • we all love the fleet rework, which we already got sneak peaks from, where every ship gets some artsy abilities to be hipster, and solves all the problems in the game with magic
  • mm improvements - well after breaking down tiers, introducing rank restrictions, adding op ships and stuff, allowing squads only to go into battle with equal max rank, and going back and forth with every decision, i am sure, there is something that can be added to the rules which finally will balance it out

section b

• regular updates, where a promise is given not to abandon the game and go on holiday for a year
  • also further work on section a things, because dont u expect that the "overhaul" will be complete when its released
  • players are listened to, if they say what we wanna hear and happen to be on skype

section c

• open space "update" means they might finish this idea of open space and can finally charge you for it
  • more artsy weapon ideas and module ideas, because we do not have enough weapons and modules yet, balancing them failed, its easier to add moar.
  • the continuation in this case means, that said changes in section a, continued in section b, will not be finished until the far future, and they will still be working on it then, so do not give up hope, if you do not like the changes!!
  • aliens are totally not overdone yet. they are the new handwavium.

section d

• added a new hangar, which, was the coolest hangar yet, inspired by knowhere, because someone watched guardians of the galaxy before a meeting
  • while it was hard enough to keep all 3 factions diverse and interesting, a 4th was added to resemble a new playstyle called cookie-cutting
  • and just so you dont forget the previous bullet point, lets reiterate the last point again with a subpoint, so that section d looks really good, because it reflects what was in the past and has been done
    • molten plastic watergun
    • small molten plastic tai'pen model from ED store
    • big molten plastic fish

• Haha 1

99.9%  Negative comments....... There's your player feed back CinnamonFake..........NOBODY likes the direction this game is going........For the intellectually limited this means your profits will only come from new players that drop $50 once before getting bored with the game and leaving for another game that listens to the players...

• Thanks 1

to make my last post not look like i dont see positive things happening, i wanted to add that personally i do see good things in the past:

• ellidium theta interior design is really cool, it was a really nice addition and i like the style
  • ui overhaul is really good work until now (and i hope the crazy anchoring of some of the windows are just temporary) - i also know how much work it is to actually implement ui in a game engine
  • this includes features like resizable chat, linkable modules
  • the rank bonuses were a really good idea, generally any idea that makes ships more even
  • nightingale, dart, etc. are really good looking ships (but they do not belong in a queue with R9s, in fact the dart can do well in r15)
  • it was brave to make the market, even if i am not sure if i like the current concept

2 minutes ago, g4borg said:

to make my last post not look like i dont see positive things happening, i wanted to add that personally i do see good things in the past:

• ellidium theta interior design is really cool, it was a really nice addition and i like the style
  • ui overhaul is really good work until now (and i hope the crazy anchoring of some of the windows are just temporary) - i also know how much work it is to actually implement ui in a game engine
  • this includes features like resizable chat, linkable modules
  • the rank bonuses were a really good idea, generally any idea that makes ships more even
  • nightingale, dart, etc. are really good looking ships
  • it was brave to make the market, even if i am not sure if i like the current concept

There are good things .... your right ... this is not a negative quote but sadly a true one  ,,, for every good thing we get 10 bad things get dumped on us in updates and ninja patches.....nightingale is cool but the  insanely expensive Dart is a worthless ship in any game mode . I have one and never use the worthless thing  It would be nice if  the Dev's could balance the patches so we get 50% good things and 50% bad things ..... the current 10% good and 90% bad is the reason it takes so long to queue anything in this game. patch 1.4 has chased so many players away we have to deal with rank 1 newbies in every game mode

Why does the forum break when I try to quote a message in a spoiler now??

It's pretty much over, Star Conflict Team! I think that you basically f***ed it up! I am just stating my opinion here.

Crossout more likely has 20-25 times more players than Star Conflict, probably much better financial support and that game is still in Open-Beta.

You have a deathly ill patient who you don't know how to treat and you're trying to give him something extra, to last a few more days, but the end result will be the same!

Patient dies before his time!

Star Conflict is a perfect example on how you can botch once a superbly good game! 

Management changed, and with it, team as well and their ambitions, but the soul of the game was eventually lost!

Here's why:

- You lost too many of your (loyal and supportive) players!

You also don't really care about promotion and don't do any real and active efforts on a proper scale to increase its current existing playerbase.

- My Friend and Follow list is basically full, yet I only see 2-3 players online on average, the rest are basically gone!

Problem is that basically everyone I know says the same thing. It's a Ghost list!

- There is no incentive to play or even interest to play. Why would I? The resources I get, are getting destroyed!

Parts that I need, just won't drop for me, unless if I trade and pay for them... (P2W).

- Ships that are not broken and overpowered, but are pretty much balanced, are getting "ninja nerfed" in number of parameters, without even mentioning this in the patch notes.

- Ship components that I need, won't drop, so there is no real reason for me to play, because of very low % chances.

(System that is literally designed to exploit people's weaknesses and their gambling addictions.)

- Promised content usually comes at a snail's pace speed, delivery is often postponed or even cancelled later. One such example: Shipyard's Laboratory.

- You plan to release all ten Ellydiums' ships, but at the same time you are promising other content. 

Instead of focusing on a single active aspect, you're basically fragmenting your efforts on multiple areas...

- Open Space rework - without any real community cooperation and input of informative nature, we don't even know what those changes are, and how will they affect players.

(OS Launch tag price, monetization, possible changes to the Implant system, Ship Tree, etc.)

- The rest of the stuff you mentioned above is pretty much the same stuff you kept saying for years now. (Nothing really new, just more of the same.)

- Economic aspect, including Trading, is too aggressive and dependent now.

It was meant to help players, now it's based only on GS-based system, where you basically must use it, if you wish to proceed normally.

In short, illusion of progress is made, without revealing more specific features to players, at least before going into active production phase.

Once those features are done in advance, it's not really community-based, but most on what developers think that community wants, often contradicting their wishes, at least from Veteran players.

Future is not set out in stone! You have knowledge, but you lack understanding!

There is no proper motivation and enthusiasm behind the Development team anymore, not any real commitment and passion to the cause, and no true loyalty anymore!

Instead of curing a disease, you wish to prolong it and make it manageable. It's hard to admit your own failures, but refusal to learn from those is even worse!

• Thanks 3
  • Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Koromac said:

It's pretty much over, Star Conflict Team! I think that you basically f***ed it up! I am just stating my opinion here.

Crossout more likely has 20-25 times more players than Star Conflict, probably much better financial support and this game is still in Open-Beta.

You have a deathly ill patient who you don't know how to treat and you're trying to give him something extra, to last a few more days, but the end result will be the same! Patient dies before his time!

Star Conflict is a perfect example on how you can botch once a superbly good game! 

Management changed, and with it, team as well and their ambitions, but the soul of the game was eventually lost!

heu... crossout is gajin lel, all players in the game "star conflict" can go on the game "crossout" but "crossout" is gajin too and after starconflict, croosout go take your money too .

Tactic economy of Gajin (warthunder, star conflict and crossout) is to sell a tank, ship cheated for a short time and after they will nerf because all player cry of course :). The human (me too) is very very good idiot, he buy all ships cheated... but it's your money and we have a responssability too.

it's my opinion, we speack economy, no game here :) . (the devs love create good game, the business love create money easily and immediatly).  No fun for all, i'm agree.

ps: sry for my english

• Like 1

Spoiler

The Sound of Silence (SC themed remake by SIN)

Hello darkness developers, my old friends

I've come to talk with you again

Because a vision softly creeping

Left its seeds while I was sleeping

And the vision that was planted in my brain

Still remains

Within the sound of silence

In restless dreams

I walked flew alone      

Narrow streets streams of cobblestone portal doors      

'Neath the halo of a street station's lamp

I turned my collar to the cold and damp