Either fix Combat Recon or remove it


Recommended Posts

Combat recon in its current state is worse than Survival was when it was first released.Its completely broken. EVERYONE goes after the captain ONLY and says xxxx teamwork. No one protects the captain, its just the worst mode in the game atm. Either fix it or replace it with CTB or something. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hide-and-seek (or Combat Recon) is the least popular Star Conflict pvp mode in which one player get chosen in the loading screen, to be chased by one or more opponents. The game is played by one player chosen (designated as being "captain") watching the loading screen and counting down from 10 while the other players ready to zerg. After reaching 0, the player who is "captain" spawns, "Ready or not, here I run!" and then attempts to run from all zerging players.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Bonus points if the enemy team has ellydium ships, as they will just "appear" next to the captain whenever it pleases them. Its impossible to anticipate the arrival of a ship, when it just teleports next to him. Its also these ships, that have access to the highest damage output in the game, which makes the defense of the captain an even more frustrating and borderline pointless endeavor.

 

This works both ways: If the enemy captain has access to a jump crystal taikin, then you'll be pretty much unable to harm him, unless he is incredible stupid and/or overextending.

 

Meanwhile, many combat recon games just end up in a few taikins that fail to kill each other.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, AKmatiAK said:

You just need tactic - take Tai'Kin and escape :006:.

Oh yeah cause that is fun, running from 12 enemies the entire 10 minutes or whatever. OFC I did use it in the last one and so did the cap and we still won by more than just a little too.

 

Its lame going into a match and just destroy everyone like they are all nubs and it suks being on the team of said player types. Anyone that thinks spawn trapping is fun is very small minded.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Tillowaty said:

stop using dessie as captain ;) 

I can confirm this to be more than just a little true but doesn't change that Combat Recon is broken. Also I am not using a dessie very often any more. If you see me for longer than 10 seconds at a time I will be surprised LOL - Intercept It!

 

LOLOL and I don't mean cause I'm getting killed. I rarely get killed in taikin now :p Fukn ship is fun as ballz man...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Maybe captain should also get resi and speed bonus so they can be invincible and actually require team efforts to take down idk. They should get a 200% damage bonus to ellydium ships.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, TheDarkRedFox said:

Maybe captain should also get resi and speed bonus so they can be invincible and actually require team efforts to take down idk. They should get a 200% damage bonus to ellydium ships.

 

Nice idea but hitting Tai'Kin is one of those easier said than done things. I like the idea of something like a barrier that needs to be taken down that has something like the same hp pool as vigilant or defiler or destroyer. The captain should be a captain and ping players that others cant see.

 

Whats the point in calling him captain. Just call him Target if this is what you are wanting other wise like I said, put him inside a large barrier and ping players or something.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The Captain is usually dead, before I even join a match. It's like that in 7/10 cases.

I just don't understand, what was wrong with the Combat Recon before? Infinite lifespan with cooldown idea was not bad at all.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

what if captain kill counted as 3 kills but captain could respawn?

 

keeping weapon damage the same + ability to respawn will give some incentive to not hide behind asteroids at spawn,

and getting killed counting as -3 points for team will discourage kamikaze like the recent respawn infinitely for 2 minutes system did

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, _terrorblade said:

what if captain kill counted as 3 kills but captain could respawn?

 

keeping weapon damage the same + ability to respawn will give some incentive to not hide behind asteroids at spawn,

and getting killed counting as -3 points for team will discourage kamikaze like the recent respawn infinitely for 2 minutes system did

You must also remember that you can also get +3 points for 1 kill, if you kill an enemy on their, or your side of the spawn point.

Captain would have to count as +3 points, but if he get's killed on his own spawn point, or the enemy's, it should be multiplied by 3, meaning 9 points for 1 kill.

 

Instead of permanent death and denial for your own allies to respawn their ships, I would rather just double the countdown timer, from 15-30 seconds for the Captain.

During that time, no allied ships should reaspawn, if they had died. If the enemy manage to kill all of remaining ships during that time, team automatically loses!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Koromac said:

You must also remember that you can also get +3 points for 1 kill, if you kill an enemy on their, or your side of the spawn point.

Captain would have to count as +3 points, but if he get's killed on his own spawn point, or the enemy's, it should be multiplied by 3, meaning 9 points for 1 kill.

 

Instead of permanent death and denial for your own allies to respawn their ships, I would rather just double the countdown timer, from 15-30 seconds for the Captain.

During that time, no allied ships should reaspawn, if they had died. If the enemy manage to kill all of remaining ships during that time, team automatically loses!

The WHOLE idea of 1 ship having to run for its life the entire time is not my idea of fun. I say remove it or rethink it so its not 1 ship having to run the entire time or spawn in and the cap is already dead. All the other modes, the objectives keep the team together for the  most part.

 

This is the one mode that's "Let me hurry up and kill the cap for more eff, syn, rep, whatever" or "Let me run for my life. YAY! I love running and not fighting. It's why I play :D" <--- Really!? LOLOL

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.