AKmatiAK

Destroyers OP again.

94 posts in this topic

But this big pile of scrap dealing big damage, is it supposed to be durable or deal damage? As I said before it's hybrid of all classes without weaknesses.

Conflict perfectly said it, don't try to 1v1 a dessy without support. Since i'm flying 99% of the time in dessy i'm getting focused really hard in pvp so i'm happy to see that ppl finally learn how to take out a dessy. No more close combat build tho :(

2 minutes ago, EndeavSTEEL said:

Conflict perfectly said it, don't try to 1v1 a dessy without support. Since i'm flying 99% of the time in dessy i'm getting focused really hard in pvp so i'm happy to see that ppl finally learn how to take out a dessy. No more close combat build tho :(

Yes, thx to G'Thar'Du close combat in dessies is pretty much out of the question which means 3 cpu on Fed. O.o  2 cpu if you wanna be blind

1 minute ago, xXConflictionXx said:

Yes, thx to G'Thar'Du close combat in dessies is pretty much out of the question which means 3 cpu on Fed. O.o  2 cpu if you wanna be blind

Oh so that why i'm starting to see ppl with g'thar shooting over 7km away :o

Attacking destroyers in team is very good idea! Especially in league, when all your opponents flying destroyers at one moment and you have standard ships team. Just come close to get spammed by gthardu and photon emitter...

As I said you, when we focus one, everyone other kill we in one sec, spamming gthardu, photon emitter, gravlens.

On 13.7.2017 at 2:26 PM, ORCA1911 said:

From the standard ship point of view, covops are the only ships that can deny destros instantly by cleaning out modules, maybe killing is not the best approach, just go in for the cleaning of modules..

Sadly so, would be nother thing if Torpedo-Boat builds would be possible: kind of light and fast frigates class with different kind of anti-destro torps :: #1st against shields, 2nd wave against destro-modules.

This would require better target locks on turrets, modules, engine etc.

On 13.7.2017 at 7:35 PM, xKostyan said:

I think fighters and interceptors don't have weapons adjusted to the existence of destroyers, all we see in recent times are weapons for Frigates (and I mean "classic" common ships) and nothing for Interceptors and Fighters. (again no exclusive ellydium stuff)

I think Destroyers, in general, are about ok, it is just the game need a bit better counter arguments

Partly agree: rank 14 destros are too powerful against single small targets over long ranges with their main gun!!

I suggeste overhaul:

Long range instant hit-kill destroyers should be a nogo: why? It should have the basic damage mechanic:

* long range destro gun => high spread beam or slow moving big-shell/slug because its a big bore gun smaller targets can evade (like with long range Halo launcher builds ;) - (very) slow  ROF in effect no cool down. Plus new more diverse missile module options.

* medium range destro guns : suppression with high spread fire injuring (not killing neccessarily) any medium away ship - medium ROF plus cool-downs

* close range destro guns : defensive auto-fire like with current Blaster Turret module or defensive minefield - high ROF plus cool downs.

It would be cool to have a switch (say the F key) to cycle between range settings of main guns (near/medium/long range) - for that take the F key .

On 13.7.2017 at 7:47 PM, Milfeulle said:

Right now Tai'kin is still OPAF and can 1vs1 any destroyer piloted by any player without dying

Its a joke that the Tai'Kin elly inty has a fire and forget missile-like main gun now and is invulnerable! Its mostly seen up in the sky doing suppression work by missile barrages that destroyers should do: hence suppression class, Tai'Kin should do intercepting and recon and such things... not area denial-kill-camp-servival-everything.

Why not:

1. Make rightclick shield block dessie weapon
  2. change dmg reduction from 75-100% range to 0-25%
  3. limit speed to 300m/s
  4. make warp like any normal ship - 2000m/s iirc

On 13.7.2017 at 7:47 PM, Tillowaty said:

Ikr, we'll end up with:

Taikin > Tharga > Stingray > Dessies > everything else :D 

It should be like this:

Waz'Got > Taikin > Tharga > Intys/Stingrays > Dessies > everything else  :010:

Why?

Because Waz'Got is the latest stuff !! That order would be consistent with Ellydium's policy!

Its kind of a joke that the newest Naturally-OP Ellydium ship Waz'Got is not listed.  (In regard to Tillo, from whom I took this citate/inspiration, this might due to the fact that Tillo hasn't a Waz'Got yet, or hasn't tested it much so far atm. For he is brave and is seamingly grinding for it... )

I am not sure if Rakza has helped/counseled in its design? Does anybody know? If not, would be a waste to only have an Elly type of a Brokk for ranks 5-15  ( I kinda want my Elly-Phoenix or Elly-Reaper - with nice anti-Destroyer special guns/modules for rankls 5-15 !!!! :012: )

I mean - come on its the first Elly-frigate! I would have expected more... Where would you even nerf it over time? But lets see what coming up ranks 9-10 (phase 4) brings about...

Thats why I even would plead for a Waz'Got buff :007_2:

5 hours ago, AKmatiAK said:

Attacking destroyers in team is very good idea! Especially in league, when all your opponents flying destroyers at one moment and you have standard ships team. Just come close to get spammed by gthardu and photon emitter...

If you are doing SCL and not using Tai'Kin then you are likely losing most battles anyway. Destroyer who?

In PvP if destroyers are being a problem and you don't own a destroyer then group up with someone that does and get in voice chat and either heal him or command.

Just like when Thar'Ga, and Tai'Kin was realease, and now that destroyers got another buff, everyone is using them again.

5 minutes ago, avarshina said:

Its kind of a joke that the newest Naturally-OP Ellydium ship Waz'Got is not listed.  (In regard to Tillo, from whom I took this citate/inspiration, this might due to the fact that Tillo hasn't a Waz'Got yet, or hasn't tested it much so far atm. For he is brave and is seamingly grinding for it... )

Waz isn't T5 so there is no way to set it in to OPness scale ;) About farming, I stopped when I got all Xeno-Premiums and atm I'm at 66 parts but 12 still missing to build the ship.

Interesting!

16 minutes ago, Tillowaty said:

Waz isn't T5 so there is no way to set it in to OPness scale ;) ..

So, would one say that Thar'ga and Tai'Kin - up to rank 8 - were not OP from the beginning, only later T5 ones?  I am not sure -- but I am also not an expert on TharGa and TaiKin because I am not using Thar'Ga and have no Tai'Kin..

most of the stuff breaks in high tiers, that was like that for many "OP" mechanics also in the past

if its slightly imbalanced, usually its only op there

t3 just never offers enough options to completely cookie cut an omni resist monster

if its op already in t3, it is really hard to argue about it and gets patched faster

1 hour ago, avarshina said:

So, would one say that Thar'ga and Tai'Kin - up to rank 8 - were not OP from the beginning, only later T5 ones?  I am not sure -- but I am also not an expert on TharGa and TaiKin because I am not using Thar'Ga and have no Tai'Kin..

Nah, there is just no point putting half-baked product on scale. T5 ship have access to everything, that's why I'm only comparing endgame.

jkec2o0.gif

Fighting spatial stabilizer destroyer on Tai'kin with Thar'ok beamer be like

31 minutes ago, Milfeulle said:

jkec2o0.gif

Fighting spatial stabilizer destroyer on Tai'kin with Thar'ok beamer be like

o_O wat?

Just now, xXConflictionXx said:

o_O wat?

Is it not accurate on what would happen? :007_2:

8 hours ago, Milfeulle said:

Is it not accurate on what would happen? :007_2:

Well you can add that 99,9% of the shoot will miss ^^