xXConflictionXx

Never Ending Battles

It would be cool to have a mode that just never ends until you decide to exit the battle. New people will spawn in randomly with no more than 12 at a time.

I mean who wouldn't want a mode that never ends so you don't have to keep standing in line all the time cause you are already in a battle.

Keep in mind that a mode like this could cost you a lot of credits depending on how often you get killed so it should really only be for higher ranks.

Also I don't just want it for PvP, but also COOP and PvE.

That's all I got so far so please fill in the blanks below.

• Upvote 1

It could be used as massive synergy farm so it will need limits like OS :D

You can also use it to complete PvP tasks, like an arena, probably a new map dedicated for that mode.

20 minutes ago, xXThunderFlameXx said:

You can also use it to complete PvP tasks, like an arena, probably a new map dedicated for that mode.

Catacombs :D

Honestly this mode would need to be carefully thought out but would be pretty cool though if done correctly.

Maybe something like all the standard missions, for example you do a team battle then as soon as a team wins then a raid enters the sector and you all ally up and have to kill the aliens or something and once done then next mission starts without having to wait for a queue but you get put in the pre-battle screen for ~15 seconds so that it can separate the teams equally again and hopefully not one-sided.

In a lot of games if mm is one-sided then it will move someone from the other side to the losing side in hopes that it will fix it quickly.

Im honestly in for a battle royale for some reason lol

YES. Maybe there could be a 'Last Man/Woman/Attack-Helicopter Standing' mode where you have to survive as long as possible. It would also make for some good 'Survive for x minutes' missions.

Only worry I have is that queue times for every other gamemode would increase due to more people spending most of their time in this mode...

Actually if its ran like I mentioned in the last post you could possibly add some randoms into it too and it would be like a regular mode for them but like I said it would need to be coded pretty well for it to work efficiently.

Just now, xXConflictionXx said:

Actually if its ran like I mentioned in the last post you could possibly add some randoms into it too and it would be like a regular mode for them but like I said it would need to be coded pretty well for it to work efficiently.

So, if someone drops-out a new player who is looking for a game will fill the gap?

10 minutes ago, MyOrUse said:

So, if someone drops-out a new player who is looking for a game will fill the gap?

I believe that would be the only way it could work and I don't see any reason why it wouldn't work.

Maybe for the mode specific players they get right in which could be the end of the battle but since they are in that mode then they are a long term player but for the randoms they cannot join in the middle of it so that way they are more likely to get better battles or in a battle that is temporary aka the battles we are flying today.

I really like this idea. Arena dm game mode may have lot of advantages. For example:

1. no match making que - game is running all the time.

2. No team ballance problems - everyone is playing on his own

3. Lack of possibility to join game you already lost

4. Pushing players to introduce  new ship builds due to no team support.