CinnamonFake

Developer Blog from July 6: A Look to the Future

51 posts in this topic

The fight continues to intensify between factions and a new power in the market of advanced military technologies, the Ellydium corporation. This is the perfect moment for mercenaries to substantially increase the power of their fleet and extract the maximum benefit from the conflict.

 

90e2dff75800af4c7abd1414598c.jpg

 

The Empire's Next Move

Imperial engineers resume production of their best combat vessel, the rank 14 destroyer Vigilant.Components for building the pride of the imperial fleet have already been sent to the UMC. Resources and materials, as before, can be received as a reward for completing missions and extracted during post-battle trophy search.

 

663c1061e75b0ca44c36b4b3c048.jpg

 

Large-scale Fleet Upgrade

Recently, some Premium ships have been overhauled — from appearance to new modules and types of weapons. It is time for a massive upgrade not only for premium and unique ships, but also for conventional ships of the Empire, the Federation and Jericho.

 

Our global task is to make each ship truly unique, with an individual set of equipment, weapons or modules. Ships of lower ranks will resemble their older brothers in terms of characteristics, and get more modifier slots.

 

An important update is incoming for the crew system. Active implants in battles will correspond to the rank of battle, and not the ship.If you join a fight against rank 10 ships on a rank 9 Nukem I, the installed implant ‘Rapidus II’ (rank 10) will work.

 

The system of combat bonuses for ships of lower ranks will also change. For example, increasing damage will work not only with base weapons, but also with modules.

 

Next Generation Battles

Matchmaking system in the game continues to evolve. This time we decided to expand its functionality and offer something completely unique.

 

26c7d9ba957fe24eb94ccc35a776.jpg

 

While you are engaged in tweaking the ship or trading in the hangar, the matchmaker will already be looking for a battle. As soon as the system picks an opponent for you, pressing the button ‘Battle’ will immediately launch your ships to meet him on different sides of the conflict in the battle. The system will create a new fight or will add you to an ongoing battle. All this will allow forming mass balanced battles on the go and, moreover, do it as quickly as possible!

 

At the same time, this is completely is optional, and, if desired, you can join battles the usual way. However, those who will use the system will be pleased with get an additional reward.

 

Join Test Pilots!

Every important innovation, especially associated with large-scale tweaks of faction fleets, will be presented on mass testing servers. Come and try your hand at the updated tech, share your opinion in the comments and contribute to the development of your favourite game.

 

Stay tuned and see you in space!

6

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, millanbel said:

but not enough

Depends on what you expect to see :) Dev Blogs gives some parts of information about upcoming features but not all of our plans)

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

In short: its about to go down!!! ( faction conflict ), next destroyer on construction will be Vigilant, some kind of pre-match finder ( I like that ) implants will be active at the max rank in battle, ships will have their own unique toys... plus the surprises. I like this :D 

 

Looks like Conrad Dimeni is about to get riggity riggity pissed off with all this boycott going on... 

Resultado de imagen para its about to go down

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, CinnamonFake said:

the rank 14 destroyer Vigilant.

Yay!

2 hours ago, CinnamonFake said:

 

Our global task is to make each ship truly unique, with an individual set of equipment, weapons or modules.

Really bad idea unless unique stuff is available w/o farming resources for weeks...

 

2 hours ago, CinnamonFake said:

Matchmaking system in the game continues to evolve. This time we decided to expand its functionality and offer something completely unique.

 

I hope it will give Alien ships more "weight" than other ships.

Coz we still get this: Whoever has more aliens ships, wins.

8iEft2V.jpg

1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Just remove squad requirements/restrictions. I tried to play with friends of 3 and 4 people in T5 PvP and we didn't get a single match in an hour! Give me a break.

NASA don't even squad and they are all on the same side. First fix this.

3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Yay vigilant! Still need that one activator to build it.. this new mm looks interesting I need to give it a try

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

the problem with MM is the Dev's don't want us to farm ... that's why you cant get rewards from custom battles.... and that's why you cant EVER have a  real MM ......... If you could  set up a wing and make a custom battle and get rewards  the  complaining about MM would stop .... those who want  REAL PVP would actually get it and  be able to farm at the same time  ....    Dev's  I mean come on !!!!!! what would it hurt if we coulñd actually just pick our teams and play the freakin game for once ???????????????????????????????????????

1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, CinnamonFake said:

Large-scale Fleet Upgrade

Recently, some Premium ships have been overhauled — from appearance to new modules and types of weapons. It is time for a massive upgrade not only for premium and unique ships, but also for conventional ships of the Empire, the Federation and Jericho.

 

Our global task is to make each ship truly unique, with an individual set of equipment, weapons or modules. Ships of lower ranks will resemble their older brothers in terms of characteristics, and get more modifier slots.

 

An important update is incoming for the crew system. Active implants in battles will correspond to the rank of battle, and not the ship.If you join a fight against rank 10 ships on a rank 9 Nukem I, the installed implant ‘Rapidus II’ (rank 10) will work.

 

The system of combat bonuses for ships of lower ranks will also change. For example, increasing damage will work not only with base weapons, but also with modules.

I would like to see this, imagine having access to all implants on a R11 ship per se, if you play PvE, since they get matched up with R15s, that will still count right?

Also, really hyped for the ships look and modules rework, I should take some pictures of them before it happens, but which ones will be?

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, CinnamonFake said:

Depends on what you expect to see :) Dev Blogs gives some parts of information about upcoming features but not all of our plans)

I don't expect to see as first item on your list of priorities, the promotion of a pay-to-obtain item that is already in-game and that you have already made plenty of money off the first time it came out. This is not game development, this is marketing. Maybe call it Marketer's Blog?

 

Fleet upgrade is nice.

 

MM change will be a mess like always. I'm betting matchups will be predicatable and you will be opposite the same person each time. Also this does nothing to address the lack of squadplay and in general teamplay.

1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Quote

Developer Blog from July 6: A Look to the Future

 

There will be no future if Elly ships will still going rampage destroying every single match ever.

1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I uninstalled after getting the Sybil I was cheated out of back when R14 dessys first came out. Remember: it's not a crafting system if it's 100% gacha-based.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, CinnamonFake said:

Our global task is to make each ship truly unique, with an individual set of equipment, weapons or modules.

How about adding some sort of "reverse engineering" system that lets the unique modules be adapted to other ships?. Which should go even for the current premiums. So once a player gets a special weapon or module after assembling the unique/premium ship, he will be able to make a universal version of it for other ships. More exclusivity isn't what Star Conflict needs right now.

 

3 hours ago, CinnamonFake said:

The system will create a new fight or will add you to an ongoing battle

I hope you will also make it so I don't join a Combat Recon after the captain has died or the battle has been already decided by other means in other gamemodes.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I hope the ships rework will concern SP ships first! They need more attentions I think, and I want my blood tormentor with new spec ! :DAlso, will each dessy in the game get a exclusive weapon/module? That would be awesome!

 

Edit: if you need idea for new modules or weapon just make a topic/event i'll glad to help!

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I see so much complaining, im thankfull and happy for every new update you bring in SC devs, because ive seen a game ive played for 7 years perish because their developers had no passion for what they were doing, p2w is every companys way to make a living, and as long as there is content out whether its just some small one or some huge one, i know for a fact that you are trying your best to please everyone. People complaining about the alien ships needs to chill, im positive there will be something new to counter the Ellydium corp for standard ships. If not, theres always nerfs, 3 nerfs have been done on taikin, and they will continue to do so until the ship are either balanced or compleatly useless. Keep doing what you do Gajin, looking forward for the future of this game!

5

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I just came back to the game a couple weeks ago. The grind is painful. What I want to know is 1) Will we get new ways to grind monocrystals and destroyer parts like beryllium? right now we have one task a day to get the equivalent of one neodium plate, and one task requiring me to play SC League to get a few monocrystals. We need monocrystals for so many things but only a couple annoying tasks to get them, and only 2-6 at that. And then we don't have any way to get beryllium or electrum other than the trophy hunt after PVE/PVP. 

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, SgtSully said:

I just came back to the game a couple weeks ago. The grind is painful. What I want to know is 1) Will we get new ways to grind monocrystals and destroyer parts like beryllium? right now we have one task a day to get the equivalent of one neodium plate, and one task requiring me to play SC League to get a few monocrystals. We need monocrystals for so many things but only a couple annoying tasks to get them, and only 2-6 at that. And then we don't have any way to get beryllium or electrum other than the trophy hunt after PVE/PVP. 

U can now find mono's in post battle trophy search, so now you can easily get around 20 mono's a single day, maybe even more and this is without a prem licence

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I am looking forward to the changes and upgrades to the original three factions :)

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

uniqueness of the ships were often discovered by players, the character of the ship arose by the meta

new usages of ships, modules or weapons often needed months, and not all were intentional

 

for me, who always loved this about game design, that was always the most mysterious and beautiful part of coming up with game mechanics, that interlock and emerge into the unexpected

to put out a few game units, watch how they are used

put up a few enemies or mechanics, and watch how players adapt

respect the character the unit or mechanic gets, not only by the intention the creator had, but also by the result it created

but always and only keep those things "modular", that actually make sense, and rather spend the time to come up with more "general modularities" to be applied

only re-work those, which seem to find no particular use, with either out of the box ideas or some general quality study.

 

being open, flexible and humble, while trying also to influence a certain outcome is after all the greatest experience in this

but every time i see this turned around, things stall.

 

which is why

4 hours ago, CinnamonFake said:

Our global task is to make each ship truly unique, with an individual set of equipment, weapons or modules

this is both positive and negative for me, simply because of the broken trust i have here (I want to see less smart-braining and pre-mechanizing, less "pre-specialized modules", because mechanics can't dictate everything) while

4 hours ago, CinnamonFake said:

Ships of lower ranks will resemble their older brothers in terms of characteristics, and get more modifier slots.

this is something i rather find good; albeit i still hope, ships going to either be modular or specialized or with less of both, have better base stats; especially if they are basicly filling a very "rudimentary" role, which can be sometimes very satisfying.

 

not a big fan of presculpting the uniqueness of ships or mixing the emergent gameplay approach of modules and slots with the "hero" approach of overwatch. that's like following yesterdays' trend or the problem i see in projects like paladins. i hope you find your own way in this. i do find, sometimes there was a good approach, like, creating the stingray out of how the wolf-m was used; but it should be used with care.

 

also, in overwatch, they do emphasize how much time is spent on the actual map design, creating the emergence also through that (since there is no "fitting your hero")

 

4 hours ago, CinnamonFake said:

An important update is incoming for the crew system. Active implants in battles will correspond to the rank of battle, and not the ship.If you join a fight against rank 10 ships on a rank 9 Nukem I, the installed implant ‘Rapidus II’ (rank 10) will work.

cool - i always wanted to see what happens like this. finally.

 

--

 

14 minutes ago, DeathWasp said:

People complaining about the alien ships needs to chill

many of the good things came out in the past only after people didn't chill, while many bad things happened, as people were too chilled, too layed back, too uninterested and therefore too uninvested. sugar doesn't counter salt at all.

and to quote anansi: anger gets s**t done.

not that i personally do not agree, that being a thankful person is in fact harder and more heroic IRL, but usually, that is done with less words and more actions.

 

39 minutes ago, EndeavSTEEL said:

Yea ppl are salty

SC has actually quite a civilized community, imho - in comparison to other internetz.

 

44 minutes ago, EndeavSTEEL said:

now you can easily get around 20 mono's a single day

i doubt this to be true. it's definitely easier, but 20 a day sounds rather exceptional, especially only by looting

 

2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
40 minutes ago, g4borg said:

many of the good things came out in the past only after people didn't chill, while many bad things happened, as people were too chilled, too layed back, too uninterested and therefore too uninvested. sugar doesn't counter salt at all.

and to quote anansi: anger gets s**t done.

not that i personally do not agree, that being a thankful person is in fact harder and more heroic IRL, but usually, that is done with less words and more actions.

Well, acting like a spastic 12 year old, and making the same tread over and over again won't do much help either, you know who I'm talking about.

You could just say, "This is not right, this ship has too much manoeuvrability with way too many beacon denial solutions, therefore you should either do some manoeuvrability nerfs or reduce the capabilities of the denial modules by this much or increase their cooldown and energy consumption so you will have a harder time combining them." and so on, with having people agree with you in a civilised manner, rather than yelling around, posting random memes and going off-topic.Spamming "THIS GAME IS BROKEN AND P2W BALACE YOUR **** YOU ******* ******" all over is not going to help, I can guarantee that.

Of course, this only applies when making suggestions and not all the time, just to get this out of the way.

2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, xXThunderFlameXx said:

Well, acting like a spastic 12 year old, and making the same tread over and over again won't do much help either, you know who I'm talking about.

You could just say, "This is not right, this ship has too much manoeuvrability with way too many beacon denial solutions, therefore you should either do some manoeuvrability nerfs or reduce the capabilities of the denial modules by this much or increase their cooldown and energy consumption so you will have a harder time combining them." and so on, with having people agree with you in a civilised manner, rather than yelling around, posting random memes and going off-topic.Spamming "THIS GAME IS BROKEN AND P2W BALACE YOUR **** YOU ******* ******" all over is not going to help, I can guarantee that.

 

Couldn't have said it better.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Put into this new MM a way to declare a player don't want to play PVP to avoid unnecessary work for the servers.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, xXThunderFlameXx said:

Well, acting like a spastic 12 year old, and making the same tread over and over again won't do much help either, you know who I'm talking about.

You could just say, "This is not right, this ship has too much manoeuvrability with way too many beacon denial solutions, therefore you should either do some manoeuvrability nerfs or reduce the capabilities of the denial modules by this much or increase their cooldown and energy consumption so you will have a harder time combining them." and so on, with having people agree with you in a civilised manner, rather than yelling around, posting random memes and going off-topic.Spamming "THIS GAME IS BROKEN AND P2W BALACE YOUR **** YOU ******* ******" all over is not going to help, I can guarantee that.

giphy.gif

HI5 M8

 

Im looking forward to it, im hoping for a better approach on ship releases too winkwink

3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.