evo888

steam launch options, PTS

please make it possible for players using steam to access the public test server, if this is already possible, then could someone inform me?

Why not download the launcher and make it all easier?

Or you could write a game launcher program and start star conflict from it. Left click for normal servers and Shift + Left click for test servers like I did. I wrote it for windows and its up on GitHub if interested.

I don't see how it would be beneficial for them to put the test servers on steam. Just doesn't seem practical.

where do i download the launcher?

also, would the PTS accessed via the launcher work with my steam account?

I have that odd feeling you don't know that there's a world outside of steam :D 

there is normally a spot on the forum where i can get the file, it is locked at the moment though

2 hours ago, ORCA1911 said:

I have that odd feeling you don't know that there's a world outside of steam :D 

i use my steam account, i have put 3 years of work into that account

Launcher
https://github.com/mikeyhalla/ShadowEx

Another Program that is great with the above:
https://github.com/mikeyhalla/FanBooster

You set the shortcuts yourself. In steam right click game and create shortcut then put all game shortcuts in start menu games folder... blah blah blah

instructions are on GitHub and the source code can be edited to suit how you like.

I wrote it for me only for convenience but anyone can use it.

If you do use this approach then make sure that you installed the test server client in: C:\Games\Star Conflict Public Test\

or rewrite the source code and compile it for where you have it. Like I said, I wrote it for MY needs.