remove ping limit in dreads

as simple as that

However, in order to get this request approved, and if it isn't completely obvious, let me do the work:

Pinging is an essential part of focusing fire. In order to make the ping noticeable, it has to be spammed intensely like ding ding ding ding.

If my job is to spam pings for focus fire and i run out of pings after spamming the first ship, my team goes: "Whay is nobooty pining like we agred?"

So in dreads target pinging should be set to infinite. It is up to the corporation team to use the feature wisely.

Writing this explanation I found completely unnecessary.

• Upvote 1

well for full corp team I can leave with the infinite ping spamming, but if I go in randomly and I get a teammate like NERW who is always sitting on the ping button i'll get mad.

17 hours ago, xXConflictionXx said:

NERW is good though and is used to having to lead the teams to victory. I have been in plenty of battles with NERW and we nearly always get the win.

I never said he is not good, i just say he is really annoying when he is pinging. Thanks but I don't need leadership from him or anybody else, I don't need pinging all the time I know who to shoot. He is winning because he is a killer player not because he is pinging ;) (since ping doesn't make damage). I only mentioned him because he was the first who get into my mind when started write about pinging. Imagine everybody could do it the game would become unplayable because of the noise.

Random players usually pinging the target what they're shooting not the one what tactically important. Don't give them tool to spam.

So I changed my mind I can't support this idea even for full corp squads. If you have a corp squad use voice chat, TS, whatever to tell the targets, or just simply focus so you don't need to pingspam. If you are with randoms then noone should have the ability to annoy the team with consta pinging targets.

well, wing leader of 5+ players maybe. but if you are in a wing why don't you use TS, or the invoice chat of the game? TBH I don't see the point why we need this change. I played a lots of dreads and we never had issue with the amount of ping what we had.

2 hours ago, Gizmomac said:

well, wing leader of 5+ players maybe. but if you are in a wing why don't you use TS, or the invoice chat of the game? TBH I don't see the point why we need this change. I played a lots of dreads and we never had issue with the amount of ping what we had.

Well it's kinda hard saying "get the tai'kin" over Discord when the enemy team has 6 of the fvckers. Not everyone has the ability to precisely describe the target's location in English, while others do not use player names in their settings, especially since the names are half of the time incomprehensible attempts at cyrillic phrases using latin letters.

3 hours ago, Gizmomac said:

I never said he is not good, i just say he is really annoying when he is pinging. Thanks but I don't need leadership from him or anybody else, I don't need pinging all the time I know who to shoot. He is winning because he is a killer player not because he is pinging ;) (since ping doesn't make damage). I only mentioned him because he was the first who get into my mind when started write about pinging. Imagine everybody could do it the game would become unplayable because of the noise.

Random players usually pinging the target what they're shooting not the one what tactically important. Don't give them tool to spam.

So I changed my mind I can't support this idea even for full corp squads. If you have a corp squad use voice chat, TS, whatever to tell the targets, or just simply focus so you don't need to pingspam. If you are with randoms then noone should have the ability to annoy the team with consta pinging targets.

I get what you are saying but ping is important in this game. If you are nub then you should not be pinging unless you are in danger which is rare anyway as most nubs know they are nub.

I Also used NERW as an example by saying that he gets the wins NOT ONLY because he is a great player but also because following NERW and shooting everything he alone pings means you are focus firing which is advised in SC.

3 hours ago, FilthHound said:

Well it's kinda hard saying "get the tai'kin" over Discord when the enemy team has 6 of the fvckers. Not everyone has the ability to precisely describe the target's location in English, while others do not use player names in their settings, especially since the names are half of the time incomprehensible attempts at cyrillic phrases using latin letters.

I understand your point but still, spamming won't help. If the team can't shoot the target after the second ping, you are in the wrong team. 

2 hours ago, xXConflictionXx said:

I get what you are saying but ping is important in this game. If you are nub then you should not be pinging unless you are in danger which is rare anyway as most nubs know they are nub.

I Also used NERW as an example by saying that he gets the wins NOT ONLY because he is a great player but also because following NERW and shooting everything he alone pings means you are focus firing which is advised in SC.

you know you will never explain to nubs to not ping and they will getting onto your nerves with the constant pinging. If you give the option to spam, they will do. And imo its not the option what we really need. Adding an extra marker for squad leader, or allow to create subgroup would be more useful imo. 

Adding extra cover to dread maps, maybe rotate the sectors to not play always on the same coloured map would be better. (I hate that I always have to fly in Jericho red timezone, and almost never can play in Fed.)

1 hour ago, Gizmomac said:

I understand your point but still, spamming won't help. If the team can't shoot the target after the second ping, you are in the wrong team. 

It's not easy to notice where the target at first two pings, especially if you are focused at some other task or target. The ping target is especially hard to notice on maps with shiny red background and it just takes a while to notice it.

Perhaps if the devs don't remove the limit, they could add HUD options for the ping marker to make it of different colour and to make it persist for selected time.