betatrash

Calculate Criticals as DPS

58 posts in this topic

Currently, crit chance and damage are not calculated in the DPS statistic, but they should be.

Well it's not hard to calculate though. It's quite basic math.

DPS is also being determined on how good your aim is, if you miss you do less DPS, so it's not really possible to give good numbers anyway.

@OmegaFighter Yea, but I shouldn't need to. I don't understand the rest of your comment, as we're talking about max DPS, not theoretical. Also, if it's not calculated then DPS is a misnomer, because it's missing the critical component.

Critical chance is a probability. 

There may be seconds where you'd so 100% crit, and seconds where you do 0 crit. Because of this, they don't display it. 

@Swifter43021 Yea, you're right, it's not max DPS as I originally stated, but average DPS. It should be included, as damage averages over time. For the same reasons, you could argue that the DPS stat is meaningless because resistances will reduce it further, or immunity, doing zero DPS, so why include it at all? I'd rather have the critical info in the DPS stat than not, because for most intents, purposes, and calculations, it applies. All other games include crits in DPS stats.

It becomes extremely tedious calculating all the crit DPS for all implants, ammo, guns, etc... It's not something you have to do once, but a dozen times, for each ship and build...

@Chernoplot Are you laughing about the time the implant percentages/fraction were all wrong in that 17% was 17/117 and not 17/100? Or a reduction of 30% being 100/130 instead of 70/100? Yea, stats... They're important.

Too much work, just get gud and equip everything purple :007_2:

@Milfeulle You know there are legendary weapons, right? Although they don't take nearly as much time to grind as say... BNS does? Lol... I quit that garbage, but I heard they take months or years to acquire, or some 4-digit figure. Too much grind. I play games to escape the grind, not sign up for more abuse of the same sort.

Games are too much of a reflection of this ill-conceived reality lately.

For the record, I don't actually calculate crit stats for all those, who would? That's insane.

Legendary weapon, what the hell ?

Did I miss something or... ?

Or you just do like me, and you do an app that generate the best setup for damages. :beee:

Base stats are base stats, crit math is so simple im kinda surprised to see this suggestion... 

2 hours ago, Swifter43021 said:

Critical chance is a probability.

Also this.

How do you guys calculate crit? I'm bad at math, really bad actually.

5 minutes ago, Chernoplot said:

How do you guys calculate crit? I'm bad at math, really bad actually.

DPS * (1 + crit_chance / 100 * crit_damage / 100)

Basically, critical chance is how likely you are to score a critical hit and critical damage is how much damage you will score in that hit based on your base damage. If you know how percentage works then just look at the math swifter posted.

So it's useless to calculate it since for every shot there's a RNG that will either make damage fluctuate a lot and seldom or fluctuate a little and often?

It's relevant on high rate of fire guns. Because big rate of fire = less random due to how works probabilities.

But on alpha strike weapons such as positron and stuff, the influence of random is much, much bigger.

You will either deal the usual damage or crit damage, depending on crit chance + what swifter said :D

To me it matters just in one way, once I reach more 100% Critical Damage, 10% Crit Chance > 10% Main weapon damage, in any other way it does not matter to me.

hmm I see, how much DPS do you guys get on the railgun for example? to get any significant DPS increase you would have to stack all your cpu slots with crit right? unless the ship slotting is really meant for a crit build going for it isn't worth it? Where I'm trying to get is that crit is way too specific to be calculated on the DPS.

35 minutes ago, OmegaFighter said:

To me it matters just in one way, once I reach more 100% Critical Damage, 10% Crit Chance > 10% Main weapon damage, in any other way it does not matter to me.

So you're a gambling man, Omega? Also is that math right, 10% seems kinda low to reap the rewards of 100% crit.

2 hours ago, ORCA1911 said:

Base stats are base stats, crit math is so simple im kinda surprised to see this suggestion...

Cool, then you can be the one to write the spreadsheet for all ships, guns, weapons, ammo and implants? I'll expect it on my desk by Monday, 5AM.

It's on wiki.

Also rails are really OP when combined with gunships and ROF stat modifiers, coz extra crit stuff :D

2 hours ago, ORCA1911 said:

It's on wiki.

Unsourced citation, 20 infraction points.

Not including Crits in DPS calc? Priceless.

For everything 'unique', there's Mastercard.

Crits might be more interesting if there were more abilities that  proc when they happen.
As far as I know, there's just the 0.08% cooldown reduction on Dart modules for every projectile that crits with the Quantum Railgun?

6 hours ago, OmegaFighter said:

That's not even true. 

Because 10% weapon damage increases the critical damages too.

Example : 100% crit, 50% crit damage,  500 base damage. 

Base dps : 500 * 1,5 = 750 

With 10% weapon damage : 550 * 1,5 = 825

With 10% Crit damage : 500*1,6 = 800

10% weapon damage > 10% Crit damage