CinnamonFake

Testing Thar'ga Discussion

95 posts in this topic

Wait, a second Combat Reboot, that also deals shield penetrating damage?

Changes to Cruise Engines sound interesting. Let's hope this will make it into the next patch... ;)

We'll just make it look super-broken so they will remove it, the last thing Thar'Ga needs is more invincibility and offensive abilities.

'  Instructions on how to connect to the public test server can be found here.   '

You've hidden this quite well :)

9 minutes ago, Scar6 said:

Wait, a second Combat Reboot, that also deals shield penetrating damage?

Changes to Cruise Engines sound interesting. Let's hope this will make it into the next patch... ;)

Not necessarily. 

The new active may not be available during stuns. 

And the rework of Combat reconstructor into a mine thrower will solve most problems. 

8 minutes ago, Swifter43021 said:

Not necessarily. 

The new active may not be available during stuns. 

And the rework of Combat reconstructor into a mine thrower will solve most problems. 

What was the combat reconstructor previously? The big hull-sucking field? Or the other passive one for killsx

2 minutes ago, TheDarkRedFox said:

What was the combat reconstructor previously? The big hull-sucking field? Or the other passive one for killsx

It was the 75% of the damages received before applying resistances converted into heal for 6 seconds. Which was OP as f*ck

Edited by Swifter43021

According to analysis of information about conducted battles, the following changes were made:
‘Thar'kth’:
     Slightly reduced damage from charge accumulation and reduced general damage by 5%
‘Thar'Ga'tok’:
     Damage reduced by 16%

Shouldn't it be reversed?

Having shield penetrating abilities on a game that an entire faction is know for having crap hull seems like a bad idea. Hopefully I'm wrong.

52 minutes ago, Rob40468 said:

According to analysis of information about conducted battles, the following changes were made:
‘Thar'kth’:
     Slightly reduced damage from charge accumulation and reduced general damage by 5%
‘Thar'Ga'tok’:
     Damage reduced by 16%

Shouldn't it be reversed?

It should...

Darn.. new PC new game client... 24hrs sync. i'll test tomorow then. I was so ready for that. :(

It should actually have stayed the same with maybe about -10% damage from the initial value. The change that I would make personally is increase the duration of the charge (while keeping the damage increase the same) and make some sort of animation to indicate that the weapon is being charged, like a cloud of green particles being sucked to the ship or something. It is meant to deal heavy damage in one single shot, but only once every several seconds. If not charged, it has no range and insane spread which makes it useless. Even the "sniper" mode still has more spread than the shrapnel cannon. And the shrapnel cannon is supposed to be the true shotgun.

Anyways the damage shouldn't be nerfed but it should alert the target to when it is being charged. And maybe extend the charge time slightly.

I'm happy about the nerf idea, the only thing what I'm missing is the rework of the warp ability. Please make passive modules passive again, since warp ability is an active ability make it as an active module.

‘Thar'kth’:
‘Thar'Ga'tok’:
     Damage reduced by 16%

So basicly:

The annoyingly overpowered alien gun:

slight damage reduction

The cool alien gun that was a bit to strong:

nerfed down to the ground

Why even?!

Still no nerf on Thar'kth projectile speed...

12 minutes ago, Gizmomac said:

I'm happy about the nerf idea, the only thing what I'm missing is the rework of the warp ability. Please make passive modules passive again, since warp ability is an active ability make it as an active module.

Technically it was supposed to be a ship ability but that's too hard to program so they made it a passive. Also that makes it so that people can chose wether or not to make use of it. Tbh I'd love it if it needed a double-tap or some other sequence of strokes to activate. At the moment it's super damn annoying. Especially since it doesn't show its cooldown.

They should get thar'kth damage down to a reasonable amount 2,000 to 2,500 dps, lower the spread and increase the range... but... who'd listen to what i am saying?

44 minutes ago, Milfeulle said:

Still no nerf on Thar'kth projectile speed...

ITS A GLASS CANNON

5% Thar'kth = nothing. 5% rotation speed = nothing. And added new module that ignores shield. Its a waste of time to test such obvious changes, obviously Tharga will keep dominating everything else.

Ok not very bad but cruise engine nerf on normal ships is completely unmotivated we have guards with mass inhibitor and takler with inhibitor beam everywhere 

and i don't see a real nerf on thark'th cannon need a projectile speed reduction or substantial damage nerf.

PS:make mass propulsion inhibitor and signature masking lockable by ecm modules if you want to nerf cruise engine

6 minutes ago, gheni4 said:

5% Thar'kth = nothing. 5% rotation speed = nothing. And added new module that ignores shield. Its a waste of time to test such obvious changes, obviously Tharga will keep dominating everything else.

You forget the "Massively reduced damage buff from Alien intuition", and the total rework of Combat reconstructor. Which were the main problem of thar ga.

I am giving this a shot, this may balance a few things. Thar'Ga is broken, the most powerful fighters in the game, but I can handle it even as it is, with those changes it will be a cakewalk, because at some point skill will prevail over broken modules and mechanics, I wish the alien ships would share a similar contribution system as the destroyers, so both teams will have about the same amount.

18 minutes ago, Swifter43021 said:

You forget the "Massively reduced damage buff from Alien intuition", and the total rework of Combat reconstructor. Which were the main problem of thar ga.

Actually I believe Thar'kth is one the main problems. I saw other gunships equip it and own the battlefield as well so imo its more important to balance it first

Ellydium fighter Thar'Ga is getting a new active module ‘Reflected fury’

• It removes all negative effects and grants invulnerability. Deals damage to all enemies, who lock the player's ship as their target. Damage ignores shields.

Very bad idea, @CinnamonFake see video below why invulnerability is bad when combined with energy converter. If this module still get implemented, I can post a video afterward to show dev how I can instant pop a destroyer captain outside survival mode.

19 minutes ago, Milfeulle said:

Ellydium fighter Thar'Ga is getting a new active module ‘Reflected fury’

• It removes all negative effects and grants invulnerability. Deals damage to all enemies, who lock the player's ship as their target. Damage ignores shields.

Very bad idea, @CinnamonFake see video below why invulnerability is bad when combined with energy converter. If this module still get implemented, I can post a video afterward to show dev how I can instant pop a destroyer captain outside survival mode.

It repalces combat reboot, you can't have both. It also deals self damage when activated so it might not be as good as just combat reboot.

Just now, Cr0 said:

It repalces combat reboot, you can't have both. It also deals self damage when activated so it might not be as good as just combat reboot.

Ah that explained it, glad that you can't have both module equipped, thanks for the clarification.