CinnamonFake

Trade testing Discussion

26 posts in this topic

This can only be good for the game :) --------It was meant for bug hunting.

WTH Clicked the link in the bug hunter topic and it brought me here... 

Hyped for trading but nervous about the Test Client. Last time I tried to run it it blue screened my pc.

• All payments are only in Galactic Standards.
  • UMC takes a percentage from each transaction.

""trade testing " ...I see typos.......correct format "Pay us for stuff that should be free in the game"
A payed "trading" system isn't a trading system at all. Trading is from player to player with an agreed price between them in what ever form they choose whether it be other items, GS, credits, or just giving it away for free. The devs already get payed when you buy the GS no reason for them to be taking GS back from each transaction.

CinnamonFake (Posted )

Trade system allows to earn GS right in the game, No need to spend anything for it.

Just now, Xt101 said:
  • All payments are only in Galactic Standards.
  • UMC takes a percentage from each transaction.

""trade testing " ...I see typos.......correct format "Pay us for stuff that should be free in the game"
A payed "trading" system isn't a trading system at all. Trading is from player to player with an agreed price between them in what ever form they choose whether it be other items, GS, credits, or just giving it away for free. The devs already get payed when you buy the GS no reason for them to be taking GS back from each transaction.

Trade tax isn't exactly a new idea, although for the life of me I can't see why we need it in Star Conflict, especially as just an added cost of standards. The trade tax is meant to be a resource bar, typically in a free currency, to stop new players from simply buying high end items as typically the tax would be too high for them to pay for.

Hey, pilots) Actualy, tardable items are available for iridium or can be found in trophy search. So, basicly, Star Conflict allows to earn GS right in the game by selling those items ;)

Edited by CinnamonFake

Just now, TheDerpNukem said:

Trade tax isn't exactly a new idea, although for the life of me I can't see why we need it in Star Conflict, especially as just an added cost of standards. The trade tax is meant to be a resource bar, typically in a free currency, to stop new players from simply buying high end items as typically the tax would be too high for them to pay for.

One reason trade tax is there to discourage player from transferring equipment, items or currency to another account, let that be your alternate account, your friend, etc. For example, say I have 100k gold standards and want to transfer some to my alts, or I have an orange weapon made with Xenocrystal and want to transfer it to my alt, all I have to do is put it up on trade and buy it with my alt, therefore causing a free transfer without penalty. Now that there's a 10% tax, I would lose 10% gold standards every time I complete a transfer.

@CinnamonFake How soon can devs implement monitoring system to punish abuser from trade system? I know there are shady player out there may have the intention to sell equipment/items for irl money. For example, player nub want to buy 10k gold from player ace with a price cheaper than official price, so nub put a junk up for trade for 10k gold asking price, player ace buy the junk and complete the transfer, and player nub wires the money to player ace with Paypal. 

CinnamonFake (Posted )

There is a min and max prices for each item.

This is not a trade system or a market.
Let the players set the prices and allow the free market to actually be free. With no tax
Otherwise all you are doing is setting up a system where only those with deep pockets can trade.
How is that fair?
I understand the tax is currently 10%.

CinnamonFake,
can explain this?
"Hey, pilots) Actualy, tardable items are available for iridium or can be found in trophy search. So, basicly, Star Conflict allows to earn GS right in the game by selling those items"
If I have one of something that I need, and need to sell it to get some GS in order to buy something else I need, how am I getting ahead?
And what exactly is tradeable in iridium crates that will be worth 100 GS?
If SC takes a few GS per trade I get farther behind. It's just a circle that keeps getting smaller per trade because I will have fewer GS to use after each trade.
I realize that you folks must be desperate for cash to keep the game operating. But forcing us to buy GS in order to trade isn't a good way to earn our hard earned $.
Frankly, I'll never pay a dime. Nothing I have seen here encourages my spending.

Why don't you figure out why people quit playing?
Why do so many new players quit after a week or two?
Find out.
Fix those issues.
Grow the player base. Make the game better not worse.

Allow us to trade WITHOUT taxing it
There is enough grind already. All this will do, in my opinion, is make people who are thinking of quitting do so.
And it will hinder trade.

You can't grow a game and it's player base by making the players angry.
You can kill a game that way though. Is that what is happening here?

Dastard

First impression is positive. I tested buying and selling and it worked quite well.

Using GS for blueprints and ship parts is okay and the tax is also acceptable.
I would welcome though if you could later enable trading standard ressources like graphite for credits.
This would enable beginners with no access to more valuable goods to participate in trading and getting much need credits to buy new ships, etc.

Well, at least the tax is minimal. But depending on the amount of GS you are selling for. You need some to start with. Seller pay the tax, so if you have 0 gold forget about trading. Win a few tourney or get some achievements then you're good to go. So far, one of the easiest and most successful and without economy breaking trading i've seen was in Warframe. This system they are implementing is pretty close to that. For a first, it start out well.

P.S. Please do not allow us to link items in chats other than trading channel, otherwise, said channel will be redundant. Maybe take a look at DarkRedFox ,bug report, for his proposition about being able to offer, open trade window when clicking the linked item.

I tested the trade system and everything work great but i would love to have the possibility to sell everything in my store not only blueprint and ships part,
why we cannot sell monocrystals xenocrystal neodium etc..."everything".  That would be awesome. :00666:

Hah nice.... if only I still had enough frickn space for a second star conflict *badum tss*

Got problem ingame since I started to play the game recently. Every time I log out my friend list gets Wiped clean and people I had on list are gone. Adding them again created spamm of requests to people I added back to friend list and they cant even cancel that requests. Could you take a look at it.

screenshot-170318-073802.jpg

I think its a start. I awaited a bit more than GS based trade only, but as said, it's a start. I can totally understand why this has to be tried first like this, and can only say, thank you for evolving outside the box. I hope for other steps like this.

It will be interesting to have a Jita chat now. Can't wait to see that in life.

Otherwise, linking items to the chat is a generally cool function; definitely one of my favourite functions in eve, so independent of trade, that could be taken to a whole different level yet.

Good work.

Actually, I have to try that now in unity, this can be useful to have...

I know I'm wasting my time in typing this up, as you guys clearly don't care, but here it is anyhow.

It looks worse than I initially expected, I mean it primarily uses GS, has a 10% tax, and min prices, seriously? I'd never use it, for the same reason I never used the one in Warframe, as I'd rather play a game, than sit in chat spamming buy/sell messages for ages, over all the other people spamming buy/sell messages, as that's not my idea of fun, and I play games to have fun. As I've said before when it was first mentioned, this sort of trade channel thing is just an inconvenience, and really only benefits the well established player, as well as the people willing to no-life the game, or shove lots of money in the game. A proper marketplace is far more convenient for the player, negates language barriers between players (so long as both understand their translated UI, they're fine, even if both don't speak the same language), and is also more informative for the player, so they're less likely to get scammed, especially when it has past sales data. I'm sure they could have made a proper marketplace, just as the Warframe devs, or any other game using such a thing could have, but they don't want to, as making this sort of inconvenient mess is what they wanted. Cin told me that they may make a proper marketplace later, but it was worded with so little conviction to that goal, that I really doubt it'll ever happen, just as it never happened in Warframe, when so many players claimed it'd be right around the corner as soon as they released it, years ago.

Then when a company says how here's this thing that will help put the cash shop currency in the hands of anyone, you should know they're just going to make the cash shop currency of even more importance down the line. They, and their supporters can then claim how since it's supposedly perfectly possible for anyone to get the cash shop currency with the oh so great trading system, all the new pay advantages yet to come, will supposedly be fine.

Just release the long delayed open space update, so I can see that I was in fact wasting my time waiting for it, and uninstall the game for good.

P.S.

I won't come looking for responses either, as my concern for the game is too low now to care if people want to talk about my views. Talk about it amongst yourselves, or don't, I don't care.

Sorry, i was writing to bad section. This : 

? I sent Activator for Dart.  Fortunately, the Hungarian localization mostly kept the English names.

screenshot-170318-171437.jpg

Some guys are too greedy!

I saw a lot of haters...

If you dont like trade tax dont use it. No one force you to use it

Tax is only for prevent abuse the system and if u have blueprints that u've alredy unlocked, u can sell other players to get some GS

Simple brain usage solves everything...

The trading looks neat!! Gotta say I didn't expected "item attachments" too lol.

People complaining about the tax being 10%  really don't know about trading in games :V Crossout has the same tax, and trading actually moves pretty well in it. 

Trading in Star Conflict is actually a lot easier and very simple.

The only problem with the trading systems is that people will dare to sell me a crystal shard for 100k GS (or like Koromac's video) ... it also happens in Crossout, where only 1 person may be selling that item, and you'll have to buy it his price, or torture him waiting so he drops the price (or not). Establishing a maximum and minimum price for the items will regulate pretty well these problems.

Trading is nice and stuff... but why only GS? I mean even if we are able to find tradable stuff in these rare crates (that we need to open with Iridium) it still doesn´t mean that we could find a player who needs the stuff + it will give an price war when the community can determine the price for the stuff.

To be blunt i never was a fan of community driven economy cus in the times only a bunch of players has an certain item they "controll" the price and get rich with no real effort.

In the end i currently hope that GS will just be used as starting point for the trading cus i´m simply not willing to purchase GS to buy something and even lose 10% of my GS (where i already payed my 19% tax for the GS purchase). Maybe the server as to many GS flying around atm or something else (don´t know if there is any way to earn GS here) but i would suggest to make it an option if you wanna pay in GS or in Credits cus in the end i guess there are way more credits flying around then GS.

I don´t know what player is the "richest" atm but my guess would be easily 500 mio+... but in the end these players surely have everything anyways so the trading would be "pointless" for them i belive.

I have one question. What is the iridium good for apart from upgrading dread? I thought iridium will be the currency of the trading.

9 minutes ago, Vesperion said:

I don´t know what player is the "richest" atm but my guess would be easily 500 mio+... but in the end these players surely have everything anyways so the trading would be "pointless" for them i belive.

you do realize, that is exactly, why GS does make sense, as it is directly buyable, by anyone, even if he just started, and not a resource which is easily farmable as an old player? I am not defending it, as I stated I find its just very rudimental. But your arguments make no sense together, except the fact, you find it unfair, that most likely without paying money for GS you will not be able to buy anything. And yah that sux.

Also, this is no player driven economy, and actually, there is nothing wrong with a player driven economy, as actually, price wars lead to cheap prices for common goods; but player driven economies usually have some kind of fabrication method. This is more a direct trading system for loot.

As the loot comes to players slowly, buying up all stocks makes little sense, and would be a huge investment of probably real money. Not saying its an impossible horror future scenario, but I think it is a bit far fetched, especially because it is so simple.

I would wait until we see how it does on live. I am also curious, as iridium has said to be a part of trading, so maybe it will be expanded further.

37 minutes ago, Gizmomac said:

I have one question. What is the iridium good for apart from upgrading dread? I thought iridium will be the currency of the trading.

[NO!]

On 17.3.2017 at 5:03 PM, VF17_Archerazor said:

Looking for destroyer internal structure, will pay 5000GS for it.

i got some for you