IFreakinLoveBass

When did Thar'Ga make you a "good" pilot?

Thar'Ga Balance   31 members have voted

  1. 1. Do you own a Thar'Ga?

    • Yes
      19
    • No
      10
    • I want one!
      2
  2. 2. Do you think the Thar'Ga out-classes other gunships? If yes then by how much?

    • Yes by 25%
      0
    • Yes by 50%
      3
    • Yes by 75%
      4
    • Yes by 100%
      24
    • No
      0
  3. 3. Do you think the Thar'Ga needs a major development in upgrade cost to make it more balanced or a total redesign?

    • Yes! Much higher develop cost!
      2
    • Total redesign... its BS.
      29

Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

70 posts in this topic

 "A ship that can virtually one shot any ship should never exist". -Engle (Owl) Former GM and game player since 2013. 

When did having the strongest ship in the game make you above everyone else?

 

Why does a gunship have a gun that almost out-damages a destroyer? 

How is this not skill? According to pilots its an "amature  score" 

How is a ship almost always at the highest place in the leader board? 

How does all this happen? 

The developers are greedy. They do not care. ;) 

 

1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Well,if people would play the ships as they are intended, they would be just fine with minor tweaks here and there, but, apparently it's an imperative to abuse the new content by the point developers and players alike just get a headache and a perma removal of anything remotely fun. The developers are at fault here for always forgetting the abusing tendency of the players and players do not have any idea of solidarity between each other what so ever. Everybody wants to be the underdog reaching the top with this abusing behavior but in reality they couldn't reach the door knob to open a door to new possibilities of plays and modes other than downright abuse of the system as a whole. 

2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Thar ga is not that good. I play both thar ga and covert ops, and in the end I feel like I have the same effectiveness : Killing everything without any problem. Even enemies thar ga aren't a problem. I can kill any thar ga in 1vs1 without flying one myself.

They are powerful for sure. OP, definitely. But far from being able to 1vs12. The only problem with thar ga is their big regen. If they remove combat shield, put a 1mn cooldown on combat reconstructor, and make that matter absorber works only on assits, the problem would be solved.

They may have more damage and mobility then other ships. But IMO it's fine. Because they also have maluses, such as self damage and healing debuff. If thar ga is OP, it's because the big regen make these maluses useless.

 

 

Also, the gun numbers may looks big. But standard ships can achieve it too. 

Spoiler

splPheR.jpg

Taking crit into account, an approximate 9K DPS without charge with 7deg spread (nothing will hit with so many spread)

And 3k DPS with full charge (3 seconds) with 2.5 deg spread (20-30% won't hit).

OMG THAR GA IS SO OP, NERF !

Then, we have this :

Spoiler

7ndogeD.jpg

Considering it's rank 12, it also has 20% final damage buff.

Same, with crits, 4k11 base DPS and 5k DPS with the 20% damage. With only 1.3 spread (so no miss).

 

Both builds have 20k survavibility (50 resist buff for inty), inty has 520 m/s, thar ga has 420.

The only difference between them ? Thar ga has more regen. That's it. Even alien intuition has it's equivalent with the inty (129% damage buff Orion).
There are tons of other options. Look at them.

 

 

And, to finish :

Spoiler

OcUksjW.jpg

 

Dealt more damage on my little inty then Fix and Salad

 

Or this 

Spoiler

Pplr5mY.jpg

Where the score speaks by itself (And there's no thar ga in the first 6 places in my team)

1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The Tharga is not a wild card anymore killing a whole team solo but it still does the same a gunship does like in&out hit&run stuff + that part of huge regen. Tweak that end part and it will happily merge with the rest of the SC ships and still have it's uniqueness.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Well that will be Thar'Ga, Sk'Rah cover Ops sure are fun to play, get kinetic controls too and it will be much easier to hit things, there is not much time left until the recon will make its debut so we will see if regeneration will be the main problem with that too, since I know for a fact that I, and other "good" interceptor pilots may become unhitable with it, and who know what it's weapons will do, will they debuff the enemy, or deal surprisingly large amounts of damage without both of you realising (Scatter Gun can work, homing shotguns ftw, more or less).

Still, we also have its special modules, seeing what wild choices we have from a regen Overdrive who knows how far we will go from the Microwarp? And there will still be 8 more to come, this one might be their biggest project, even bigger than the destroyers.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Personally, I like A LOT the path Star conflict is taking. 

 

They are adding tons of new fun mechanics. Not always balanced. But they are trying. 

 

And there's these new customizations. Like the death animation (dead leafs). Or the fact that ellydium ships have a scheme modifying the ship model. 

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Swifter43021 said:

 

Also, the gun numbers may looks big. But standard ships can achieve it too. 

  Reveal hidden contents

Taking crit into account, an approximate 9K DPS without charge with 7deg spread (nothing will hit with so many spread)

And 3k DPS with full charge (3 seconds) with 2.5 deg spread (20-30% won't hit).

OMG THAR GA IS SO OP, NERF !

 

Its death to any fighter/inty when Thar'ga is close enough with one shot and with it's speed its not difficult. All fighter weapons have similar damage numbers or DPS, why this certain thing need to have 1.5x more?

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

How do you guys get your Thar'kth to have 7k standard dps while mine has 4... i just don'T understand that... 25% of 4k are not 3k talking about that 2 base damage buffing nodes...

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
43 minutes ago, Rob40468 said:

Its death to any fighter/inty when Thar'ga is close enough with one shot and with it's speed its not difficult. All fighter weapons have similar damage numbers or DPS, why this certain thing need to have 1.5x more?

Didn't I just showed an example of a standard ship having 5k dps? 

 

Thar Kth may have more dps, but but the spread is so big that you never achieve it. 

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Swifter43021 said:

Didn't I just showed an example of a standard ship having 5k dps? 

 

Thar Kth may have more dps, but but the spread is so big that you never achieve it. 

It's the ROF couped with projectile speed. A fighter no, never full damage, an engineer? Yes you will destroy them. I manage to shrapnel a frigate within 500m a Thar'Ga can also.  Or if you time it right and have high roll and <30 ping like most Russians you can easy circle a gunship. 

200 ping is 0.2 seconds behind.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I have been personally flown around in my guard watching my shield plummet the Thar'kth cannon does 4,500 damage at Mk4 average coupled at 80% from alien intuition and critical chance it's very OP. Even if you don't have that module, not all ships have 150 kinetic resistance. 

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, ORCA1911 said:

Well,if people would play the ships as they are intended, they would be just fine with minor tweaks here and there, but, apparently it's an imperative to abuse the new content by the point developers and players alike just get a headache and a perma removal of anything remotely fun. The developers are at fault here for always forgetting the abusing tendency of the players and players do not have any idea of solidarity between each other what so ever. Everybody wants to be the underdog reaching the top with this abusing behavior but in reality they couldn't reach the door knob to open a door to new possibilities of plays and modes other than downright abuse of the system as a whole. 

Millfile ^ 

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, IFreakinLoveBass said:

It's the ROF couped with projectile speed. A fighter no, never full damage, an engineer? Yes you will destroy them. I manage to shrapnel a frigate within 500m a Thar'Ga can also.  Or if you time it right and have high roll and <30 ping like most Russians you can easy circle a gunship. 

200 ping is 0.2 seconds behind.

So what?  

That Covert ops can do the same. 

Engineer? Plasma arc. 

Intuition ? Orion

 

They have the same damage output. 

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Also considering that gunships and covies are literally built for the sole purpose of dealing as much damage as possible...

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 minutes ago, Swifter43021 said:

So what?  

That Covert ops can do the same. 

Engineer? Plasma arc. 

Intuition ? Orion

 

They have the same damage output. 

Thar'Ga is a fighter, it has 200% shield regen with no counter, hull res with no counter unlike galvanized, anyone dies within 750m you regain a butt load of hull, you can teleport 2,000m options for acceleration, strafe, roll to be much higher of other gunships even recons. To top that off it also can switch ranks. It's far stronger than a covert. By far.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, TheDarkRedFox said:

Also considering that gunships and covies are literally built for the sole purpose of dealing as much damage as possible...

Gunship is not designed solely for that, its fire support. People could argue a destroyer is designed to do that as well since that's all it can do now.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I can kill any Thar'Ga easily. Even two are no real problem. I just stomp them. People should just learn to fly.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, theNoob said:

I can kill any Thar'Ga easily. Even two are no real problem. I just stomp them. People should just learn to fly.

Really? You have not been against a good pilot. I have seen people just sit there still in a Thar'Ga it's like the 99% and 1% only it's 75% good pilots 25% Nubs You can't 1v1 Milfulle. You will die.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Fact is that I'm currently 2nd in the leaderboard pilot rating. 

And not because of Thar Ga. 

 

Thar Ga actually die more often than you think, especially with the collision "rework" where any collision one shot you. 

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, Swifter43021 said:

Fact is that I'm currently 2nd in the leaderboard pilot rating. 

And not because of Thar Ga. 

 

Thar Ga actually die more often than you think, especially with the collision "rework" where any collision one shot you. 

It's because of it. I see you with it all the time

kaponing everyone. Don't lie.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I just got my Thar'Ga, it's tier 5 has it's alien weapon artifact quality, same with all it's components (love the alien components, if only because they are unique) and it basically takes a 4 on 1 to kill, with 3 of them dead by the way...

This is before getting Matter Absorber, I can't imagine how bad the balance will get once I do or once I can start staking speed on it on tier 7.

 

Oh wait I can, I run into tier 7/9 Thar'Gas on my faction ships, it's not pretty.

 

I think that if it remained as slow as it is in tier 5 a lot of the issues with it would go away, the fact it can out maneuver and accelerate an inti, out gun any other gunship while ALSO out healing an engi is "problematic" to say the least.

If it couldn't hit and run (well, kill and run), then return full health a few seconds later it would still be very powerful but kill able. 

 

 

 

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

When Alien cov ops roll out and there will be this topic all over again, an alien intie that has massive DPS, 200+ rotation, and constant regen to full hull with Matter Absorber hull.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
24 minutes ago, Milfeulle said:

When Alien cov ops roll out and there will be this topic all over again, an alien intie that has massive DPS, 200+ rotation, and constant regen to full hull with Matter Absorber hull.

You forget 700m/s strafing.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.