Questions to the developers Spring 2017

• Replies 112
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Are you going to implement actual faction based warfare? I would like the factions to play a bigger role. Right now it doesn't really matter which faction you choose.

All design concepts are going through long process of preparations before implementing, including fitting design in our tech limitations. Basicly it's not possible to implement the whole model, but it

Posted Images

Why we can't collect debris in PvP? Something like hull buff or ammo.

CinnamonFake (Posted )

PvP loot is the most vast in the game. With more items there should be a possibility to get what you're actualy looking for. So amunition and some modules was removed due to other items and iridium caches.

1. Is there any plan on rework the premium ship parts system?

If not... since marathon was removed and now the parts only drop during certain time-limited events and only one ship each time, (2) Will the drop chance be increased? Right now it will take years to build Brokk. It would nice an hangar/ship tree indicator wich tell you what ship can be searched.

3. Will Delta caches be added to the weekly cache rotation soon? (we are on... week 6-7 and no Delta yet :S)

CinnamonFake (Posted )

Due to many needed items, we decided to stay with time limited events for every craftable ship. This seems like a nice way, and there's still a place for Ellydium events, which are the main thing right now.

CinnamonFake (Posted )

There will be Delta caches as well as the others.

Is there any chance of getting an "Assist counts as Kill" mechanic for those times when you get someone down to 10% hull or lower and a teammate come out of nowhere with a Photon Emitter and blows them away half a second before your shot does? Its so annoying getting 20-30 kill assists per game because I was the unlucky one that started shooting first.

CinnamonFake (Posted )

Every kill goes also for a team count, and one killed opponents gives only 1 kill. It usually becomes very important when the battle is going to end. If you're looking for more effectiveness the best way is to do objectives.

4 minutes ago, Incarceron said:

Is there any chance of getting an "Assist counts as Kill" mechanic for those times when you get someone down to 10% hull or lower and a teammate come out of nowhere with a Photon Emitter and blows them away half a second before your shot does? Its so annoying getting 20-30 kill assists per game because I was the unlucky one that started shooting first.

Dealing the final blow does not realy matter, if you're the one who deal for example 70% of dmg, you get more efficiency point than the one who did the kill. So no worries, you can finish first in your team by doing only assist

Why only federation drones protects the beacons? I capture the beacon with cartel ship, but beacon don't produces cartel drones (Phoenix drones). 

Shotan (Posted )

The drones surrounding the beacon are of no specified allegiance to any faction as any pilot flying any ship from any side of the conflict may capture a beacon. The guard drone models stay the same in all PvP scenarios.

Shotan (Posted )

That being said, the drones will only attack entities marked in red during PvP.

If r14 destroyers comes back, will they be permanent or event-based ships that comes and goes from time to time?

CinnamonFake (Posted )

They will be event based, but most likely this event will not be the same, things changed much since then. And perhaps, traiding will be involved in the future.

Why drones don't have shield? Beacon drones, Trackler drones, Engineering drones, Ellydium drones, they don't have shield.

Shotan (Posted )

If drones were shielded, it would mean the would be an extra barrier for the player to capture the beacon. The drones already act as a "shield" for the beacon itself, so another shield is not necessary. Engineers with Eclipse Launcher, however, can heal these drones.

Will you consider removing Screened Batteries from mysterious containers before I go into cardiac arrest?

CinnamonFake (Posted )

Mysterious container has special calcualted list of potential items, which wasn't changed for a long time already. You can't always get Screened batteries from it, it means that other times you may get something what you're looking for.

@CinnamonFake

Do you plan to add option to change passive module layout for standard and premium ships? (Ofc with some restrictions like - ship has to be already maxed out and some fee ~50% of basic price)

CinnamonFake (Posted )

For now we keep this feature for special project ships, destroyers and craftable ships like Gargoyle and Dart. But this question was discussed many times, so it's not the end of it.

Where are the corporate logos at to download? I saw a lot of the fan art at the main web page but no corp logos. Can we expect a way to upload custom icons in future releases?

CinnamonFake (Posted )

You can post logo you want here https://forum.star-conflict.com/index.php?/topic/22197-topic-for-submitting-flags-and-corporation-logos/

CinnamonFake (Posted )

We're planing to get them into work pretty soon

Hello,

Are there any plans for or would it be possible for you too release a standalone Linux client, One that will run without needing to be launched through Steam? Like the one Windows has?

CinnamonFake (Posted )

We have no plans for a separate launcher clients. Actually we're using Gaijin one, as well as theur account system. Steam is a nice platform, and the game here and there is the same.

Why is the Open Space Mail Drone in Devil's Jaw 4KM straight above the Dreadnought Debris gate?

CinnamonFake (Posted )

4000 km isn't far away from the gate. The drone is there because this part of location is pretty quiet.

Is there any chance for a Playstation 4 relase ? 

CinnamonFake (Posted )

Star Conflict is not as good on gamepad as on mouse keyboard. It was made as PC exclusive from very begining. So we have no plans for consoles.

Already in game we have 3 damage types, Kinetic, EM, Thermal. Plans for new damage type? Something like Corrosive/Chemical damage type?

CinnamonFake (Posted )

It's best to have 3 but balanced. Implementing new weapon type will most likely require the whole game rework

I have a question that has been bugging me for days, since i started playing SC, i never really engaged in the extra missions like conquest, or tournament, etc. But this year that i was really interested in trying this out for the Conquest raids along clan members, i always seem to get this error, always, and i am unable to play, regardless of clan. I am not sure if this is intentional as a geo-lock or something, but i would like to get support to fix this, if possible.

Error_Conquest.JPG

CinnamonFake (Posted )

Looks like your location is not opened for battles at that moment. If it's not, then bug report is needed.

1/Why the isotope harvester still did not get buffed?^^

2/Why giving more manuvrability bonuses to the tai'kin after everyone complain about the fact he was moving too fast?

3/we did heard about more changes coming out with this supposed update (like spiral and Endeavour parts available to trading for example) do we have to except something more soon?

4/summer is getting closer and we haven't heard Anything about open space rework, maybe some info about it in the next dev's blog?

Thx.

CinnamonFake (Posted )

1/ things may be buffed or nerfed due to statistics and feedback info. It seems like Isotope harvester is ok at the moment.

CinnamonFake (Posted )

2/ Bonus to manuvrability works only for a small time after using Quatum Leap. According to the stats it's hard to get out from it's final position in time, when using it

CinnamonFake (Posted )

Yep, more is coming. It was more an update for balancing and bug fixing

CinnamonFake (Posted )

4/ Work in progress on this one
  • Upvote 1

Why we can't have missile main weapons? Very effectiveness against fast ships.

CinnamonFake (Posted )

We're trying to deliver many unique weapons with Ellydium technologies recently. But if you're looking for actual guided missles as a main weapon, we have no plans for it. Missles are powerfull, that's why it's own separate thing

CinnamonFake (Posted )

Tai'al launcher is possibly the closest thing to missle weapon you can find in the game

What, if anything, makes the Loki unique?

Most of the DLC ships have some kind of gimmick going for them, yet the Loki seems a bit boring.

CinnamonFake (Posted )

Then, it may soon appear in our rework list. Also feel free to share your thoughs on that ship in the suggestion section ;)