Questions to the developers Spring 2017

1/ A year back we've got a event of concept art for destroyers, my question is do we have any chance to see any of these or something close to it implemented ?

2/ will we get a new class of destroyer or more of them (new model and why not different spec) in the future and not only the ellidium dessy?

3/ will we get more weapon and module for destroyers any time soon?

4/ when the isotope harvester will be buffed (dmg, range, reload speed) and so goes the destroyer attack drone ( i was thinking about a active mode for it that allow us to choose the firing range)

5/ will we get more turret type for destroyers ?

6/ i just found this while chilling: https://www.artstation.com/artist/deniboy

some of them are real concept that we've got but some look damn cool and i was wondering if we'll got them any time soon ? :) (pls say yes ^^)

• Replies 112
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Are you going to implement actual faction based warfare? I would like the factions to play a bigger role. Right now it doesn't really matter which faction you choose.

All design concepts are going through long process of preparations before implementing, including fitting design in our tech limitations. Basicly it's not possible to implement the whole model, but it

Posted Images

On 16.04.2017 at 6:39 AM, EndeavSTEEL said:

1/ A year back we've got a event of concept art for destroyers, my question is do we have any chance to see any of these or something close to it implemented ?

All design concepts are going through long process of preparations before implementing, including fitting design in our tech limitations. Basicly it's not possible to implement the whole model, but it's possible to use cool elements from your designs in ours.

2/ will we get a new class of destroyer or more of them (new model and why not different spec) in the future and not only the ellidium dessy?

For now we're concentrated on Ellydium technologies, but will be doing some other new ships from time to time, if their idea will be really original. We've just prepared a couple for the next updates)

3/ will we get more weapon and module for destroyers any time soon?

There will be new equipment for the destroyers, when Ellydium one appear.

4/ when the isotope harvester will be buffed (dmg, range, reload speed) and so goes the destroyer attack drone ( i was thinking about a active mode for it that allow us to choose the firing range)

We do buffs or nerfs on modules when it's stated in the feedback or if they don't fit into the new statistic tables. We will take a look on that.

5/ will we get more turret type for destroyers ?

No such plans for now, but it doesn't mean it can't happen)

6/ i just found this while chilling: https://www.artstation.com/artist/deniboy

some of them are real concept that we've got but some look damn cool and i was wondering if we'll got them any time soon ? :) (pls say yes ^^)

This is one of our artists and it's his page) you can see that every SC art has special SC and Gaijin label on it ;)

Edited by CinnamonFake
  • Upvote 1

2 hours ago, CinnamonFake said:

We have no plans for changes in Dart and Gargoyle, after we put them on rank 11.

Would it be accurate to say you believe these ships are 'balanced'?

Any plans to return loyalty to T4 prems, or is that for T5 'max rank' prems only now too?

CinnamonFake (Posted )

For now loyalty contracts are given for max ship tree ranks. But also loyalty can be gathered right into the researched module from every battle. Loyalty missions may be reworked in the future.

Would one be allowed to redistribute the String files of weapons or so in an chat parsing application for Star Conflict?

CinnamonFake (Posted )

Well, that definitely requires a topic in suggetions with all the details. Actually we are not angry at people for digging gamefiles, especially if it's for a good purpose)

• 2 weeks later...
2 minutes ago, betatrash said:

@TheDarkRedFox You can equip them on ships not in the hangar. Works the same. However, research is still a scam.

I don't want to do a discussion here, so I'll simply reformulate his question :

There are more and more items that you can equip on only one specific ship. 

Vigilant beam for example. 

So in the end, you can't play vigilant and research vacuum, without using it. 

It there any plan to improve the research system? Like having a generic unplayable ship that can use all modules in the game, only for research purpose. 

CinnamonFake (Posted )

You actualy can play Vigilant with installed Beam. It will not be purple, but still will be doing what it's made for. To reasearch modules before using them in battles is a choise, but it seems strange to me to do so.

@CinnamonFake I couldn't help but notice that you didn't reply to one of my questions. Was this intentional, or a minor oversight?

On 4/17/2017 at 7:35 AM, betatrash said:

Would it be accurate to say you believe these ships are 'balanced'?

edit: Reduced somewhat, still imbalanced...

I have another question actually:

When will Delta Caches (Cashes) be available? All next week? I thought they were on 4-week rotation, but that seems a bit out of the ordinary?

How often will they be available? 1 Delta Cache per month? 3 weeks have passed (3 cache rotations) and still not a single Delta?

CinnamonFake (Posted )

When our balancing tables comes together, they are. When we're making changes on feedback request or with new stuff incoming, we're recalculating it.

All Elydium ships will be cabin based?
Will be some GM Hunt event in the future? I really liked those events.

CinnamonFake (Posted )

The is to have a cabin for every ship class. And GM hunt may be back, when we will have more time. Also if you're interested in that event, PM me when you have a time ;)

Do you guys planned to add other potential ways to earn iridium ? That one is starting to become REALLY usefull... but also really rare, especially considering that ALL the upcoming Ellydium ships may use the iridium-crate system... Not to mention all the blueprints'n'modules stuff...

CinnamonFake (Posted )

The corporations will become much more important feature in SC in the near future. With it, iridium income will be increased for different activities.

@betatrashI mean other ways to EARN iridium, not to BUY some... useless cause I'm not spending money on that, speaking about assignments, tasks, missions... or maybe that new loot system is also working about it ?

BTW... when can we (approximately) expect that new loot system to be released ?

CinnamonFake (Posted )

Well, we don't have plans for full rework of present loot system. The actual loot is changing from time to time, depends on what event is going right now. Also credits drop will be reworked.

What was the reasoning for the change to monocrystals? They do not appear to do anything differently and the conversion was 1/1, so tacking on the "Enriched" and a picture change seem a but pointless.

Would it be possible to make the trade system more like Runescape and less like Warframe? Sellers post items for desired price, buyers type in what they want and a price range, then pick a seller from a list? It's great to sell excess from "random" pack drops like the Tai'Kin hourly missions, but sitting spamming the same WTS, or WTB message until someone relevant sees it is time consuming for everyone, not to mention the massive amount of chat bots that have appeared and spam PMs for websites selling GS at well below real prices. You can report them but 20 minutes after it gets banned another will just take its place.

CinnamonFake (Posted )

New enriched monos will be needed for new craftable stuff. But we're making this convertation as harmless as possible, offering the players to convert resources by themselves, when they feel the need to do that.

CinnamonFake (Posted )

trading interface will be expanded much in time, and pilots will get more tools for communication with each other, as well as tradable items.
  • Upvote 1

This may seem a bit odd, but why Is the Spiral an engineer and the Endeavour a guard? The Spiral looks based on a Scram jet fighter design, but the Endeavour is clearly based on the Space Shuttle, which was mostly used for placing and maintaining satellites. Their inspirations just seem to be a bit backwards from their in game roles.

CinnamonFake (Posted )

Spiral is based on real russian space development. I didn't find Eng version of this page but here it is https://ru.wikipedia.org/wiki/Спираль_(авиационно-космическая_система)

Why Long Range frigate uses 6 weapons? This frigate has huge DPS advantage against other frigates. Make all frigates use 6 weapons or make Long Range frigate uses 4 weapons.

CinnamonFake (Posted )

To keep firing with all guns, pilot needs to keep the right angle and this is very difficult task. So the amount of weapons on each ship a part of the balance.

I understand the following concept for this type of game: "To remove the grind is to remove the game"

Pay to progress or work to progress, but there is one thing where that is not feasible and that is making the special modules for destroyers.

As it is you must fight not one but two slot machines (hoping the correct box drops in trophy search, and then hoping that box contains the part you need).

Apparently, in the past, one could get the special destroyer modules some other way than relying on the malevolent forces of the random number generator.

My questions are as follows: Why must I suffer so much? Do you intend to leave this particular aspect of the game as is? It doesn't need to be easy, it doesn't need to be cheap, but it does need to be reasonable.

Forgot a question: When will r14 destroyers come back?

CinnamonFake (Posted )

In the near future. Keep an eye on the news.

Why did you change missiles? Previous missiles much better for different strategies. Now, i can't distinguish missiles.

CinnamonFake (Posted )

The missles weren't changed, there's a bunch of them available for installing in rocket slots. The special effects were changed a little, but it's separate from actual missles' usefulness
  • Upvote 1

Is there a technical issue preventing 2 of the "Frigate" spriral's turrets to be on the "Interceptor" spiral body ?

It would make much more sense, if 2 of the frigates turrets were positionned on the interceptor "turret slots".  

CinnamonFake (Posted )

There're some tech difficuties with weapons placement. Eventually we thought that this mechanics would not be possible at all) But succeed at the end.
  • Upvote 1

Why Shield has regeneration and Hull not? Shield ships have nice advantage against Hull ships. You could reduce Hull resistance or remove Shield regeneration.

CinnamonFake (Posted )

Shield is energy based substance and hull is actual material. For regenirating hull you need a special one, like Ellydium ships have.

Why only Engineering frigate uses drones? I really appreciate if you do it for all frigates. Engineering drones only heal, Guard drones only attack.

CinnamonFake (Posted )

Engineering drones is a special module for engineering frigates, it makes this class unique. Attack drones in rocket slots available for many ships of different classes.

Hey CF, have been at this game since May 2013 and obviously enjoy it for the competition, game format, team interactions and the global influence it has on all the nations and their peoples.  I remember when it use to be a real game where all pilots with all of their various degrees of skills, knowledge, ranks, and experience could compete at all levels of the game.  Know the game seems to be more unbalanced becoming more of a slaughterhouse with dominance by so few for whatever reasons.  I have a few hopefully relevant, sensible and meaningful questions in order to gain some sense to the current and future state of this highly complex and entertaining game.

Q1:  What use of firewalls are being used to protect the game from hackers using unfair tools to gain an advantage in the game over other pilots who want the game to be played fairly using only the tools provided by the game to have a fair chance of competition at all levels of the game taking into account that differences are expected from experience, knowledge, observation, and the human factors.  I have seen so often that things are just not right during battles which reveals some areas of serious concern that the game is being manipulated to the point of frustration.  One example is during the battle mode of "Detonation", I have seen a few pilots capture the bomb, become invisible without losing the bomb, then reappear at the beacon with the bomb to destroy the beacon without any need to defend themselves or fight their way through the defensive efforts of the other team in battle.  This doesn't happen every time, but enough times to realize that something is just not right.  It just seems that this problem and area of concern has taken over the game to a large degree and just wondering how the developers and mangers think about and react against these "Tweaks" in the game and are there any defensive measures being used to keep the game clean, or is it just an ongoing battle that the other players have to accept.

Q2:  I have often heard the mention of the "Grind" in the game and only the heavens knows we all experience it.  My experience is that the game seems to come to a complete stall as soon as the player has reached the halfway "Achievement" mark.  I have seen very little progress towards new medals and achievements in the past 18 months of fairly regular game play.  We all get a great sense of accomplishment and reward for participation and playing together on both sides of the battle lines.  All is fair in love and war as the saying goes, but not to see the fruits of our labors more often to provide the positive feed backs that the game should give in return for dedication and loyalty of playing the game, which I am sure has been one of the primary reasons of the creators of the game and only second to the financial gain for "living", makes the game seem so unrewarding.  As often as I play and wish that I could more often, the game has room to be much more generous with all of these imaginary rewards and reflections of a pilots efforts to move forward in their game "Career" and historical timeline of playing the game.   This hold on progress makes no sense and I am wondering why it should not be more frequent which would add so much to the element of "fun and enjoyment" as any game should be meant to give.  Showing real progress on a daily basis should be routine and give more reason for greater participation and support of Star Conflict.  The laurels have been created to hand out in recognition and reward for the efforts of the pilots and the satisfaction of the creators and developers of the game, so there is no reason to create the overuse of the "Grind" in the game.  Has the team really looked at this area of concern lately and are there plans to make the more balanced and positive in improving the sense of progress in the overall game experience.  We never want to rest on our laurels, but continuously improve on them, so I feel that this is one area of the game that should be given some measure of improvement.  This is in no way a criticism only a concern that I have and I am wondering if a review of my profile and game files would reveal if mine is a unique problem that can be fixed, or if this is a real problem in the game operating system that can be tweaked to improve.

Q3:  I cannot find a primarily english speaking based corporation to join.  I get frequent invites, but only to non-english corporations which have no english player sections or translators to communicate with the other players.  I think that we would all gain so much lf the game had a built in translator to provide communication between the players from different countries and languages.  Is there any possibility that this remarkable feature could be worked on and introduced sometime in the near future.  This seems to be a bridge that could be forged into a real fixture of the game and I can only imagine how this would be so innovative to having a game that really unites people on a global scale.  How cool and ironic would that turn out to be.       

CinnamonFake (Posted )

Q1: if something was changed in the game client server immediately reacts and send a report about certain player to us. We're cheking this out and then take actions.

CinnamonFake (Posted )

Q2: SC has an achivement system planned for lots of playing time, it should reflect the game progress, and for now we have not so much people who accoumplished all or close to it. Also we add new achivements and titles from time to time. Participate in events, fly in squads with your friends, play SCL, and you will be keep getting them.

CinnamonFake (Posted )

Q3: corporation center is the right place tofind a corp. For example, NASA is the corporation with both English and Russian speaking pilots

Why we can't move weapons on the ship? I would like move my weapons for strategic positions.

Shotan (Posted )

Specific classes and roles have certain weapons assigned to them. Considering that some interceptor weapons deal as much damage in pairs as other weapons in quartets, it would be considerably unbalanced.

Will star conflict will ever have the r14 destroyers back?

Some of us spent a lot of real life money and worked really hard to try and manufacture one of them just for them to be discontinued right before we could afford them in game.

My friend could make a vigilant right now if it were available.

Will there be compensation for those with a lot of electrum and activators still in their inventories if the r14 destroyers are completely discontinued?

Shotan (Posted )

As far as rank 14 destroyers are concerned, just wait and see :)

CinnamonFake (Posted )

Destroyers r14 may be back in the near future.

Why we can't maximize shield in front of the ship? Really useful feature for veteran players. 

CinnamonFake (Posted )

The way of ship controls should be simple as possible, adter all SC is arcade shooter. The redirecting shield power or any energy sources in real time as an additional feature seems unnecessary at this point.

Why do you not advertise the game for more players?

CinnamonFake (Posted )

The game has a marketing plan as it supposed to have. As developers we concentrated more on actual development.