CinnamonFake

Star Conflict 1.4.1b Discussion

130 posts in this topic

5 hours ago, MightyHoot said:

*little guess*

It was your team's B@con, someone from opposite team barely took it down, you shot that player and in <2sec b@con was retaken?

Nope it was CTB as I said. 3 Team mates started capturing enemy beacon, I just spawned in and started to go up, then I saw an enemy gunship going
towards my team mates. I shoot at him then my team mates shoot down the gunship and captured the beacon, and I got credited for the capture too.
I did this with a command too.

CinnamonFake (Posted )

Well, no changes was made here. All works as it used to be. It's a supporting your team during beacon capture.

16 minutes ago, JaVi said:

Nope it was CTB as I said. 3 Team mates started capturing enemy beacon, I just spawned in and started to go up, then I saw an enemy gunship going
towards my team mates. I shoot at him then my team mates shoot down the gunship and captured the beacon, and I got credited for the capture too.
I did this with a command too.

next time when u shot defender/attacker check if there is new icon with countdown around 2sec in your buffs at the top of the screen, it has been like this for years :D 

CinnamonFake (Posted )

Yep, that's how it works.

3 minutes ago, MightyHoot said:

next time when u shot defender/attacker check if there is new icon with countdown around 2sec in your buffs at the top of the screen, it has been like this for years :D 

Wow I never got capture points like this before 1.4.1b, I thought it was a new thing.

17 minutes ago, JaVi said:

Wow I never got capture points like this before 1.4.1b, I thought it was a new thing.

Been around for a while you make any assist near the beacon u ARE the beacon... I mean u cap too. Tbh I don’t like it. See a lot of ppl hunting for that assist for the sake of points rather than going for more suitable targets. No need to have 5 ships rather than 4 killing a lone 'hero'.

Collision damage needs a real fix now, it was bad b4 but this is unreal. Does not only effect thargas as some might think. Makes the destroyer gravy hole much worse/stupid than it already is. Also when some destroyed hulk is generated in front of you its near impossible to judge where it will appear, right? left? up? down? dead on? Power through and hope for the best is survival being brought to every game mode. A pain and some ship models have the unhappy habit of clinging to the surface they are near regardless of how much you are pulling away from it, still.

I hope the 10 part broker missions last to give players a chance to get some extra ships. That'd be nice.

Sec con is a chaotic mess now, what and how gives who points for something. Still liked the original sec con system where even two players in small corp given enough time could generate enough to bid successfully on the more sought after things. Now there is an added time point degenerate factor added which makes such things impossible. Not a fan of old dread system though where stuff was held because is was held and that was that but I hope some middle ground can be found between the two.

Right now there seems to be luck of the draw, example... (my experiments today)

Random q 1v1 match in dreads, was fun never done that b4, good environment to have 1v1 in, least it was something diff, we thumbed each other after the game, I salute u sir publicly and unashamedly. Even if it lacked the excitement of a larger battle its not like anyone could just kill an kill an get it over with there is the dreadnought, bots, ship selection and minutia to consider, gg wp.

Again q random, me and 7 bots v full wing. Do the bots points count towards my corp at least? Would it have been better for my corp if I had never qued and faced this wing? Had I not been there would they have fought 8 bots and the situation been better for them? Are the dread remaining points added even in this game? Why is this a thing or even relevant to intercorp battles? Is this even a gg for any side of that fight? I think not.

The thark cannon seems to have charge accumulation that is hidden in stats? Still popping small kin resist ppls. No number changes in dps in hanger. Was this put in to patch notes shut ppl up cause that’s not the problem? :007_3:

Awaiting the next piece of green stuff to shake things up but I hope dreads/collision are not forgotten about.

As always, great thanks to everyone who participate in this discussion :) Here's a main things in short:

SecCon time windows may change from time to time, we're experimenting with renewed format to deliver the great expirience in this mode for all the corporations and pilots. There're also may be more changes there, for example, we're preparing reward update and working under increasing the influence of corporations to SC universe.

From March 22, Phoenix and reaper parts will be gone, and this ships will be moved back to DLC pack. The mechanics of crafting their unique special modules will not be changed.

Collision damage system was updated and now works as it meant to be. But we're watching very closely how it's going, especialy with Thar'Ga. After gathering all the data and its analyzing, future changes are possible.

Thanks again and discussing important subjects) Keep an eye on the news and see you on the next update!