Thumb up for awesome video and editing! I have bad ping on non-US server so I made my Thar'ga a submarine diving ship xD

Yup, I fought your Thar'Ga 5 min ago.... OP AF :p

But seriously, what were they thinking? How could something like this even be close to being balanced?!

44 minutes ago, Scar6 said:

Yup, I fought your Thar'Ga 5 min ago.... OP AF :p

But seriously, what were they thinking? How could something like this even be close to being balanced?!

Well for any non-paying player it is perfectly balanced. XD

It's only those who can afford to upgrade a lot and unlock and craft and upgrade modules and weapons that get the superships. Other times it's just that the specific player is OP in anything but that is super rare.

10 hours ago, Milfeulle said:

I had the honor to fly with max today, the result is... Thargasting...

https://www.twitch.tv/milfeullesakuraba/v/114828114

Ship is P2W for now. Why? Because regular non-paying player can't afford it yet, at least with all necessary upgrades, without investing.

Once the grind from the missions that are given for free as a task give you enough resources, then we can disregard this, but for that, it will be probably be 1-2 months of time needed, if not even more.

I would like to have a fully built tharga but then again i cant get over the many abilities it has. Sometimes i get the idea the developments main goal is to cram as much tricks in that one pony as possible. 

Spoiler

57165360.jpg

13 hours ago, Spongejohn said:

1)There is a paywall since in order to get such ship at that level, that soon, you will need to pay.

2)Spinning that way is the last remnants of intie's spinning mechanic that get removed from game (yes it is still there, still, less powerfull on inties, but on such an op ship with such low ping... here it is the old result: ping compensation cheated).

Dodging is totally differtent stuffs, it means spinning, strafing in random directions while you are still able to hit your opponent and he also have a chance to hit you, if he is able to aim. Not that he can't hit you just 'cause of a broken mechanic.

What you have shown instead, is the old "spinning circle" that just cheat the ping compensation mechanic (yes, it is still there buddies ;) ) while flying an op (p2w for most of the players out there) ship on 10 ping, against average/bad skilled pilots. 

I would like to play a game where such behave are not advertised as skilled/fun/or worth attention, since balance in a pvp with different classes is an utopia so, at least real skills should still matters.

1) Those reasonable time margins are very subjective. Your opinion can differ from devs opinion on this, I have no problems understanding that. But this still is timewall - not paywall. To see The Wall Street Journal you actually have to pay to access content. You can't get access by grinding some points of w/e. This is a real paywall. We don't have such.
2) So what's exactly broken. I think they just unable to aim, because i dont have such problems with spinning targets. Where do you even see spinning on Anaconda MKII gameplay?

LRF gameplay - no spinning:

Dart gameplay, no spinning:

1 hour ago, Koromac said:

Ship is P2W for now. Why? Because regular non-paying player can't afford it yet, at least with all necessary upgrades, without investing.

Once the grind from the missions that are given for free as a task, give you enough resources, then we can disregard this, but for that, it will be probably be 1-2 months of time needed, if not even more

R9 can be obtained without payment. Resourses fron NY event should be more then enough. After Jan17 Ellydium Station will provide xenocrystals quest just like other factions provide vouchers.

45 minutes ago, xlMaXlx said:

....After Jan17 Ellydium Station will provide xenocrystals quest just like other factions provide vouchers.

I didn't know this. Which is the source? Is it post in the forums?

Just now, ntboble said:

There are multiple information sources around, it may not be on english forums, but regardless, Max is closely working with Developers and Community Managers, so if he sais so, than that is a current plan ))

25 minutes ago, xKostyan said:

There are multiple information sources around, it may not be on english forums, but regardless, Max is closely working with Developers and Community Managers, so if he sais so, than that is a current plan ))

I hope that they restore the base value for daily Open Space rewards from 2-3 for each faction.

I still think that nerf was not really necessary, especially after 2 years.

1 minute ago, Koromac said:

I hope that they restore the base value for daily Open Space rewards from 2-3.

I still think that nerf was not really necessary, especially after 2 years.

I think it is fine, you get them fromPvE, PvP and SpecOp loot

30 minutes ago, ntboble said:

He's the source. Don't question your Master! :00666:

1 hour ago, xlMaXlx said:

After Jan17 Ellydium Station will provide xenocrystals quest just like other factions provide vouchers.

3 minutes ago, xKostyan said:

I think it is fine, you get them fromPvE, PvP and SpecOp loot

And leagues.

1) Those reasonable time margins are very subjective. Your opinion can differ from devs opinion on this, I have no problems understanding that. But this still is timewall - not paywall. To see The Wall Street Journal you actually have to pay to access content. You can't get access by grinding some points of w/e. This is a real paywall. We don't have such.
2) So what's exactly broken. I think they just unable to aim, because i dont have such problems with spinning targets. Where do you even see spinning on Anaconda MKII gameplay?

LRF gameplay - no spinning:

Dart gameplay, no spinning:

R9 can be obtained without payment. Resourses fron NY event should be more then enough. After Jan17 Ellydium Station will provide xenocrystals quest just like other factions provide vouchers.

For the spinning I was referring to the Thar'ga videos, where the spinning directions you use are quite predictable, while instead people struggle to hits you. For a lot of weapons those spins you do make actually shooting at you quite hard even for a vets. And it happens not 'cause a lack of skills.

About the paywally: this game is advertised as a freetoplay, any diversions from this "business model" is considered p2w. You need to consider that not all the players can farm everyday the missions in order to get a free r9 thar'ga, or like it happened for r14 destroyers. Sure, in the long (long long long) run everyone will get this new toy for free like it happened with special project ships, meanwhile only paying players can get it without struggling everyday. So atm, paying do makes a big difference, since there is a difference in power between thar'ga and others ships.

The wall street journal is crystal clear about their business scheme: if you want more than free contents we can offer, pay for them. Nowhere they say: we offer all of our contents for free and then put a big: "*" but only if you grind for it everyday, otherwise you need to pay. 

Not sayng you are a n**b, at all let's be clear. Just that showing off those stuffs about thar'ga opness is really questionable.

I am really curious about the tasks indeed,this was the last day in which we will get Xenochips from tasks from Selena and Ms. Klauss,and from tomorrow we will get tasks from the Ellydium staff,really curious what they will be about.

I'm just sitting on crystals/plates etc until the rest of the ships come out. Gotta be ready. I'll decide what I want to upgrade after I have all of them.

3 hours ago, Spongejohn said:

For the spinning I was referring to the Thar'ga videos, where the spinning directions you use are quite predictable, while instead people struggle to hits you. For a lot of weapons those spins you do make actually shooting at you quite hard even for a vets. And it happens not 'cause a lack of skills.

How can you be so sure about misses? I dont have much problems with interceptors, when i'm on Gargoyle.

About the paywally: this game is advertised as a freetoplay, any diversions from this "business model" is considered p2w. You need to consider that not all the players can farm everyday the missions in order to get a free r9 thar'ga, or like it happened for r14 destroyers. Sure, in the long (long long long) run everyone will get this new toy for free like it happened with special project ships, meanwhile only paying players can get it without struggling everyday. So atm, paying do makes a big difference, since there is a difference in power between thar'ga and others ships

This game is Free to Play. not win. Pay to win concept is absurd - i pay a lot, and my friends too. Yet, we still lose battles. Why this happens? Exactly because its not P2W.

Nowhere they say: we offer all of our contents for free and then put a big: "*" but only if you grind for it everyday, otherwise you need to pay. 

You dont have to grind everyday - dessies will be back, Thar'Ga contruction will be available to everyone after Jan17, and resourses too. Grind whenever you like.

Just that showing off those stuffs about thar'ga opness is really questionable

Nothing is OP here, I show gameplay and unique mechanics.
Everything in Thar'Ga videos could be done on Mauler - he will just 2-3 shot from PC any target, from much safer distance.
Vigilant can burn everything in 2-5 seconds with SS, and this will be done from safe distance aswell (6km+).
Dart can deal same amount of damage to enemy team, while also buffing entire team.
In case of Thar'Ga  - since this ship is close combat only, its pretty obvious it should have incredible survivability just to contest with current meta-kings.

43 minutes ago, xlMaXlx said:

How can you be so sure about misses? I dont have much problems with interceptors, when i'm on Gargoyle.

This game is Free to Play. not win. Pay to win concept is absurd - i pay a lot, and my friends too. Yet, we still lose battles. Why this happens? Exactly because its not P2W.

You dont have to grind everyday - dessies will be back, Thar'Ga contruction will be available to everyone after Jan17, and resourses too. Grind whenever you like.

Nothing is OP here, I show gameplay and unique mechanics.
Everything in Thar'Ga videos could be done on Mauler - he will just 2-3 shot from PC any target, from much safer distance.
Vigilant can burn everything in 2-5 seconds with SS, and this will be done from safe distance aswell (6km+).
Dart can deal same amount of damage to enemy team, while also buffing entire team.
In case of Thar'Ga  - since this ship is close combat only, its pretty obvious it should have incredible survivability just to contest with current meta-kings.

Great to see someone else that doesn't only think about the game being p2w,but I wouldn't expect players like Sponge,Koromac and many others like them complain about it when they have most game end content,Mauler can be only acquired by paying,for now,Kraken could be a better example as it is free,and you don't need any special materials for it,just the basic currency and stuff,except the monos,those are quite the pain to grind,but kinda paying off in the end.

Also,of course every f2p game has microtransactions but even some games that can be bought have them,here is an example:

Dabllefield1.png

Yes,this is Battlefield 1,for me it costed 42€ yet it has microtransactions,and those things are not worth buying,they "randomly" drop throughout battles and very rarely have useful items,yet everyone loves the game no matter what(I wonder why).

Again,no use comparing here,just pointing out an example.

New video:

Poor captain had enough decided to run away >.> Your video make my Thar'ga feel like a Hummer compare to your Tesla :O

On 14.1.2017 at 11:31 PM, millanbel said:

just having a thar'ga does not guarantee a win, however I do feel in the past year that the devs consider me a fool with their marketting techniques. There still has not been a significant balancing patch for destroyers and all these new modules (and by balancing I don't mean changing 25% to 24% or whatever, but actual significant changes).

I  would expect slight buffs and nerfs here and there but not major nerfs : strategy is go on the destroyer poathway, give them more capable opponent ships and modules etc... I imho like that because I personally
 only disliked the op of the small-fly interceptors, taking down destroyers (besides their stop and disable potential).

• Like 1

xlMaXlx , do you have some hints how to optimize the key-bindings? why? Some hours ago a inty killed my engy and I saw the after-kill taunt video, his ship spinning on the spot like a wheel (tumble pitch axis) but on the spot not describing a circle or the like. And hell how speed<y like 2 -3 cycles per second.  I wondered how does on do this  .. or was it a cheat?

It's a thing called turn keys people like to exploit, idk if it's still there as it used to be.