xlMaXlx

xlMaXlx Video Section

166 posts in this topic

It's boring .. already!

On 2/13/2017 at 1:56 PM, xlMaXlx said:

Dessies still viable, but you have to be really carefull now, everyone wants to insert their arc up in your booty.

Sorry, but my Tackler can take any Dessy down in 10 seconds. That's not supposed to happen.

Damage multiplier should be set to 1,75 for Dessies at 750m or less.

If enemy enters 750m range or less, any hits from the destroyer are automatically critical hits (100% critical chance).

That would settle the problem with balance.

Or possibly it could be a damage increase gradient from 750m and increasing the closer you get.

2 hours ago, TheDarkRedFox said:

Or possibly it could be a damage increase gradient from 750m and increasing the closer you get.

Then make it starts from 1k5.

19 minutes ago, Swifter43021 said:

Then make it starts from 1k5.

Lol nah

8 minutes ago, TheDarkRedFox said:

Lol nah

I don't see what's the problem. 

1k5 is close range. 

Above 1k5 = x1. Then it's +0.15 per 250m.  So :

1k5 = x1.15

1k250 = x1.30

1k = x1.45

750 = x1.6

500 = x1.750

250 = x2

And you can't be at 0. 

It's not OP at all. 

5 hours ago, Koromac said:

Sorry, but my Tackler can take any Dessy down in 10 seconds. That's not supposed to happen.

Damage multiplier should be set to 1,75 for Dessies at 750m or less.

If enemy enters 750m range or less, any hits from the destroyer are automatically critical hits (100% critical chance).

That would settle the problem with balance.

If dessie will fire at you, you will die in 3 seconds. If he does not - he deserve to die.

Since when do dessies kill everything in  seconds? 

Beside piro, their dps in close range in extremely bad. 

Because anybody not stupid will fire at your back, and you can use only one turret here.

I'd say make the destroyer's heavy repair drones already like engi attack drones : repair hull or attack if (hull is >50%) or make it swichtable like in the Phoenix drones (switch from pure attack mode to pure repair mode) - that would be fair imho!58a5de6343287_heavyphoenixdrones.jpg.485

2 hours ago, Swifter43021 said:

Since when do dessies kill everything in  seconds? 

Beside piro, their dps in close range in extremely bad. 

Because anybody not stupid will fire at your back, and you can use only one turret here.

On video there is exact moment (0:50), when tackler sneaked up behind me, but he just died without causing any dmg.

18 hours ago, xlMaXlx said:

On video there is exact moment (0:50), when tackler sneaked up behind me, but he just died without causing any dmg.

You should speak to MaxVerzila. He will give you a proper update on this. I have been playing with him for a month, usually as support, that means either a Command or a Healer.

Destroyer can't survive solo. It needs someone to watch it over. In any case, if you have 2 Thar'Gas, or 2 interceptors of any kind, it's unlikely that you will survive, at least not alone.

I think that x2,5 damage multiplier is a bit too much. x1,75 should be decent enough.

Like I said, destroyers should have something as well, like guaranteed critical chance or something.

3 hours ago, Koromac said:

In any case, if you have 2 Thar'Gas, or 2 interceptors of any kind, it's unlikely that you will survive, at least not alone.

Why is this a problem for destroyers? 2 thargas will kill any ship, why do only destroyers need a buff? I think its fair that 2 interceptors can kill a destroyer, that needs some coordination and is a good counter to a class without any other counters.

They do not need a buff. What is need is a tweak of the recent nerf.

They are big hulky targets that can not evade damage, they are slow and their weapons are mediocre (speaking mainly of t3+t4) they are defenseless against special silly kill-in-seconds-attacks.

19 minutes ago, avarshina said:

They do not need a buff. What is need is a tweak of the recent nerf.

Exactly.