CinnamonFake

Questions to the developers Winter 2017

69 posts in this topic

The problem is: All ships of rank 11 on 9 configuration location except the destroyer of rank 11 on 8 configuration location, but it should have 9 configuration location instead of 8? Example: Destroyer of rank 8 on 6 configuration location like all ships of rank 8. If you look at all your ships you will see: 
Rank 1 = 1 configuration location 
Rank 2 = 1 configuration location 
Rank 3 = 2 configuration location 
Rank 4 = 3 configuration location 
Rank 5 = 3 configuration location 
Rank 6 = 4 configuration location 
Rank 7 = 5 configuration location 
Rank 8 = 6 configuration location 
Rank 9 = 7 configuration location 
Rank 10 = 8 configuration location 
Rank 11 = 9 configuration location except Destroyer 8 location 
Rank 12 to 15 9 configuration location

CinnamonFake (Posted )

Destroyers was made to be as they are, and they also can be refitted with passive modificators exact locations. Common ships can't

Q: Will we get something like (edit: see picture below) this in the near future?

---------

P.S.:

Synopsis of number of Passive Modules per ship-rank:

tier   rank of -- number of
         ship         p. modules

t1     1 -- 1
t1     2 -- 1
t1     3 -- 2
t2     4 -- 3
t2     5 -- 3
t2     6 -- 4
t3     7 -- 5
t3     8 -- 6
t3     9 -- 7
t4    10 -- 8
t4    11 -- 9
t4    12 -- 9
t5    13 -- 9
t5    14 -- 9
t5    15 -- 9

Its non-linear, even has no clear structure in regard to the tier concept. Tier 1 has 1 to2 passive modules, tier 2 has 3-4 p. mod., tier 3 has 5-7 passives, tier 4 has 8-9 passives and tier 5 has 9 passive modules.

The exceptions to this layout in standard ships form the ship tree are:

a) the destroyers,

b) new Ellydium ships like the Thar'ga

Phoenix-cu_roundel.png

CinnamonFake (Posted )

For now we're planing to use that ship development mechanics only on Ellydium ships.

When are we supposed to get the next update ? Or what content will (is supposed to) be released in it ?

All those announcements about Open Space revamp + upcoming Ellydium ships (+ corporations' role-expansion) are all looking very promising but, well, the schedules for those updates are looking rather... undefined...

By the way, are all the ships released by Ellydium Corp. supposed to require the same amount of resources as the Thar'Ga, or will the interceptors be a bit more cheaper and frigates a bit more expansive ?

CinnamonFake (Posted )

We working on new OS and aimed to Summer, but it's estimated. New Ellydium ship is expected in March, and new update with trading in it - end of February

I was looking at the eng from the empire and would be possible to change the shield repair of the drone to hull repair instead? Empire are more hull ship compare to others with shield.

CinnamonFake (Posted )

We're trying to keep things in balance, hull repair for Empire engies is a very powerfull feature.

1 minute ago, Coldjaguar said:

I was looking at the eng from the empire and would be possible to change the shield repair of the drone to hull repair instead? Empire are more hull ship compare to others with shield.

Don't empire and federation both have basically the same shield mass? If that's the case then you would need to give fed engi a boost in speed  also considering that's fed strong point. but I would be one for getting heal for both hull and shields from drones :D

CinnamonFake (Posted )

Modules should cover hull repair, it's kind of a main thing for engies

@CinnamonFake (Posted Tuesday at 01:54 PM)
It will be too complicated, I belive. We got passive modificators for characteristics changes like that

At least the Disintegrator is only modified by the weapon rank and there are no passive modifiers for that. The module is affected by a weapons minimum rank and since e.g. a Beam cannon has min R11 and a Mass driver has min r13=> the Disintegrator with Mass Drivers deals mor DMG them the Beams one, while both weapons have r15 as max rank. IMO changing the calculation to max rank instead of min rank would help.

CinnamonFake (Posted )

We actualy have some ideas for ship fitting, to make more diversity. Can't talk much about them now, hope we will anounce that soon ;)

On 2/3/2017 at 0:31 PM, John161 said:

@CinnamonFake (Posted Tuesday at 01:54 PM)
It will be too complicated, I belive. We got passive modificators for characteristics changes like that

At least the Disintegrator is only modified by the weapon rank and there are no passive modifiers for that. The module is affected by a weapons minimum rank and since e.g. a Beam cannon has min R11 and a Mass driver has min r13=> the Disintegrator with Mass Drivers deals mor DMG them the Beams one, while both weapons have r15 as max rank. IMO changing the calculation to max rank instead of min rank would help.

I agree. Hopefully you will change that.

Some more questions:

I know that it's hard to speak in advance, but how long is the estimated time, before we get all 10 Ellydium ships in total?

To be honest, if 1 Ellydium ship model would take around 2.5-3 months on average, we will probably have to wait for more than 2 years.

This is unacceptable! Maybe it would be better to rather delay or postpone OS rework and focus on current features and balancing?

Are you thinking on expanding your crew in (S)Targem?

Did you test fire rate DPS for all weapons, because some weapons did not match desired statistical parameters?

Bug reports have been posted, but I am afraid that there has been only damage correction done instead of a real fixing to fix the issues.

CinnamonFake (Posted )

We planed to deal with Ellydium ships in one year, it's hard at the begining, so we're trying to check all out with this new mechanics. But that's not the only things we do at the moment. There're OS rework and many other stuff in work. We're hiring people when ready to do it, SC Team expanded almost twice through out those 5 years in making

1.When will we get a new premium ship rework?

2. And what class of ship will it be?

CinnamonFake (Posted )

I suspect it may happen on Spring. But can't confirm the exact ships or classes yet.

Nice Ship research-roundel for the Ellydium ships - I like it in general!!

Q:  After we will have completed all 10 new Ellydium ships (3xfrigates,3xfighters,3xinterceptors,1xdestroyer) at the end of 2017, will the old ship tree be removed?

CinnamonFake (Posted )

No plans for removing any old ships or ship trees

A lot of stuff would benefit from a double-click to effect instead of normal click. 

Like teleportation sphere or command phaser 

But we still have nothing that implement double click. 

Is there a technical issue that prevent it? 

CinnamonFake (Posted )

Yes, there're some thech issues there, but we're working on it. Double clicking might be pretty useful

Can we expect the holes in the ship tree to be filled sooner (a month or less) or later?

Will Standard ship sales ever make a return to help out newer players?

Will the next Ellydium ships come one at a time or in multiples?

When the rank 14 destroyers re-release, how will the different types of activators be obtained?

Will there be anything done to make other PvE missions appealing?
            (so far the vast majority of players farm fire support and defence contract)
Will the open space revamp allow it to be a viable game type for synergy-credit gain in comparison to PvE/PvP?

What are the limitations to the trading system?
            (as of this edit it hasn't been implemented yet)

Edited by TheDerpNukem
More questions!

CinnamonFake (Posted )

Ellydium ship tree will be filled during this year. Next one will be interceptor, pretty soon btw)

CinnamonFake (Posted )

Standart ship sales will not come back, credits are easy to make as well as buy every standart ship in the game)

CinnamonFake (Posted )

r14 destroyers will come back, but I don't know the details about resources and stuff.

CinnamonFake (Posted )

We're working on PvE missions rework, so they will change much in replayability. New OS is also under development, but I can't chare more information on it, it'll be a big additional expansion to the game and we hope to deliver it as soon as possible

'Got something right there: a few days ago, there was a promotion on nightingale parts. Why was the ship actually removed again from the federation tech tree after that ? I thought it was supposed to stay available now that it's (supposed) empire and jericho counterparts (gargoyle+dart) are out too...

And of course... will the thar'ga ship cabin in the "Thar'ga Starter Pack" be of any use to those who ALREADY have the thar'ga ? maybe for future Ellydium command/tackler-fighters ?

P.S.: when (approximately) will the r14 destroyers be released again ? Once the 3 first Ellydium ships (fighter + interceptor + frigate) are out or once the WHOLE Ellydium-ship branche (all 9 of them) has been released ?
P.P.S.: same question, but for the planned Open-Space update this time...

CinnamonFake (Posted )

Nightingale is limited for manufacturing during these events, there will be more in the future

CinnamonFake (Posted )

Thar'Ga cabin is used only for Thar'Ga at the moment, no plans to change that for now. R14 destroyers will come back, but can't say the exact time yet. New OS is planned to Summer or Autumn

So. I was wondering if, yes this may be a wild crack at nothing, but could we possibly submit an idea for a ship, as I have spent some time putting together an couple of ideas for them. Just speculating though. 

CinnamonFake (Posted )

Forum suggestions secton awaits, in many forms, more or less, pilots suggestions are making through the game ;)

Since the new PvP matchmaking system is based on "difficulty level" : Easy/Medium/Hard for respectively 1-5 6-10 and 10-15 ; then why can't we use both a r11 AND a r15 on the same ship lineup in PvP ?

Because if we're using a r15 ship, we will still face some Darts or Gargoyles. But if we want to use one, then we can't without removing our r15.

Even worse, it means that we can't do contracts on r11 ships once we've reached r15, but we're still facing r15 ships.

Wouldn't it be much better if the ship limit was by difficulty level instead of what we currently have ? After all PvE had been this way for ages now. 

I want to be able to use both my sawtooth and my kraken together :(:

CinnamonFake (Posted )

Matchmaker is matching for the highest rank ship in slots. We're working on this and soon there'll be no problem to pick up r11 even in r 15 battles

- Any plan on removing drops of 1.3k credits and vanadium ores in r15 trophy loot phase?

- Any plan on making a unique weapon for long range frigate and covert ops roles? Every other role have one, Guards has 2 now.

Edited by CptDoss
Added a question

CinnamonFake (Posted )

The revision of loot system is in plans. We do unique weapons mostly for a specific ship, keep an eye on our announcements

On 18.2.2017 at 10:55 PM, Swifter43021 said:

..I want to be able to use both my sawtooth and my kraken together :(:

That I can understand .. though I have other beloved ship types.

If it would ba able to edit the Sawtooth and the Kraken in the way the Thar'ga is fit - maybe possible in the future?

CinnamonFake (Posted )

Multirank fitting system is exclusive to Ellydium ships