CinnamonFake

Star Conflict 1.4.0 Evolution (Discussion)

399 posts in this topic

8 minutes ago, avarshina said:

It is that SC shifted the players to PvP (from OS and PvE), because of playerbase and intrinsic match maker problems around early/mid 2014.

SC has always been a pvp oriented game since 2012. Pve was more in the sidelines until recently, and IMO SC is still heavily pvp oriented, and rightfully so.

This game is a heavily punishing game which was why I loved it from the beginning. It punishes the bad players and rewards those that improve themselves and possess skill, which is very different from an American game that typically “hand holds” a player and coddles them to victory.

8 minutes ago, Mecronmancer said:

This game is a heavily punishing game which was why I loved it from the beginning. It punishes the bad players and rewards those that improve themselves and possess skill, which is very different from an American game that typically “hand holds” a player and coddles them to victory.

What if victory would not be all? Its plain logic a winner needs a loosing party!!

I love to have owl style pew, pew pew like in 80/90 joystic space games...

And competition is thrilling, I admit!

4 hours ago, Phoenix_Shi said:

How things were about a year ago doesn't really count right now when it comes to the here, and now, only how things are right now counts.

of course it counts, because your complaint is in no relation to how bad pvp was rewarded, while it isnt better rewarded nowadays than pve. there are missions still, which "force" me to do pve and open space missions. some missions "force" to play a bit of pvp. still, most of the upsides of pve farming are still there - up to this day - while all pvp got was a bit more loot drop, loot drop which also drops in pve anyway.

you seem to think i have a certain viewpoint as i am a defender of the great pvp whatever, but there isn't really a pve party and a pvp party who are distinct people. there are just people prefering certain game modes more. even if I personally am too lazy to do some missions needing me to go pve i do not complain about that, since i skipped it. if however all missions require me to play pve, all of them, like it was in the past, then i do complain. you just seem to be blind on one eye here - or you are focusing too much on the GS from tournaments.

but tournaments being pretty much the most actively played community event in this game seems pretty popular to do, and its not like you cant "obtain" GS in other ways. the whole complaint goes into the wrong way. there should be as little gs locked items as possible imho, but its not like pvp is sooo much overloved, and the poor poor pve players have to suffer. I personally was always behind fair rewards no matter what kind of modes you play anyway.

I enjoy the occasional pve, and i would love to see OS getting more mature, but the core of the game being pvp, and pvp having been neglected in the past are just facts, while pve is really not left behind at all. this "us vs. them" mentality doesnt go anywhere. and yeah, being a pve casual, i have to redo some of the missions there too. until now i had only one task which was hard to fullfill in pvp. cant be that hard to step out of the comfort zone, if you want to have that reward.

I really think, most of this is just about the GS in the tourneys. But trust me, you won't get rich, even if you blast through every tourney, and have a regular team that comes to win triple each time. just trust me on that.

Can we please get away from the GS nonsense discussion? It's sad, that currently only via PvP it's possible to gain it. It's annyoing that some mission focus only PvE/P, but this time at least offer in both modes missions.
What just is plain s*** is the ability to buy the container for money to bypass the grind.
While the new anti-dessy weapons are 'nice' they are at the same time BS.
Really? 8k damage with my inty vs. a dessy?!

51 minutes ago, Lord_Xenon said:

Can we please get away from the GS nonsense discussion? It's sad, that currently only via PvP it's possible to gain it. It's annyoing that some mission focus only PvE/P, but this time at least offer in both modes missions.
What just is plain s*** is the ability to buy the container for money to bypass the grind.
While the new anti-dessy weapons are 'nice' they are at the same time BS.
Really? 8k damage with my inty vs. a dessy?!

It's a F2P game, of course it's going to have paid options to bypass grind.

Anti-dessy weapons are good, along with the dessy nerfs. They've been too dominating for too long.

Don't forget people, this is predominantly a PvP game, not a PvE one. You seem to base your arguments off the assumption that mindless PvE grind is a priority.

Dunno where I should post this but I'm gonna post it here because it's relevant to how this patch relates to the general pipeline of how this game is going to develop.

I was browsing Facebook today and stumbled across a post from the SC fanpage that gave a broad outline of SC's development plan, and the plan contained this statement:

In the near future you'll see:

• New ‘ELlydium’ ships — scouts, engineers, and other roles;
  • Big changes in ‘Sector Conquest’;
  • New convenient squad search and creation system, playing in squads will give additional bonuses to pilots;
  • New convenient squad search and creation system, playing in squads will give additional bonuses to pilots;

HOLY S---. YES.

YES.

YESSS.

YASSSSSS.

I cannot like this highly enough - this is a MASSIVE step in the right direction. Incentivizing squadplay will promote teamplay and coordination - something that this game currently sorely lacks in random queue.

I don't know when this will be implemented but this will be something to look forward to for vets and new players alike.

18 hours ago, avarshina said:

And Phoenix: did you read the news in the Questions to the developers Winter 2017 section, that SC will come out with new OpenSpace model and much more interesting things besides the Ellydium alien ships ???

The open space update has been delayed for months already, and they try to hype up all sorts of things, but how many people will actually like them, or how many of the supposed problems those changes will fix remains to be seen. Take the alien faction, people were pretty psyched about that, but looking at it now that we have had the first ship released, people don't seem all that excited any more. The module upgrade update was also suppose to fix so many things, like the confusion over all those many different loyalty types new players were stated to have, but since we still have all those loyalty types, instead of them doing the sensible thing of combining them into a single loyalty pool, it can easily be said that issue wasn't addressed, and I find the new system worse than the old one on a whole.

17 hours ago, g4borg said:

of course it counts, because your complaint is in no relation to how bad pvp was rewarded, while it isnt better rewarded nowadays than pve. there are missions still, which "force" me to do pve and open space missions. some missions "force" to play a bit of pvp. still, most of the upsides of pve farming are still there - up to this day - while all pvp got was a bit more loot drop, loot drop which also drops in pve anyway.

In the past, rewards in this game were part of playing, outright, we didn't have a plethora of different tasks outside of loyalty contracts (which largely could only be done in PvP), and occasional events, which could involve anything. The emphasis on task related rewards, and rewards gained only under specific conditions (i.e. fly max synergy ships at specific ranks) is more of a new thing, as is how we can just buy our way through the grind with in-game loot being in the cash shop. That people have come to regard buying our way through with real money as ok is also new, as in the past anything even close to that in a game would have caused riots among players. It's due to that increased importance of the cash shop currencies that people then get concerned how they can get it, and how many would get it. The present reality, and the past is so very different, that the past has little importance beyond showing how things have changed.

In the early days of the game, there weren't enough people at higher ranks for people to level up their high rank ships in anything other than PvE, since high rank PvP just didn't run well at all, while high rank PvE missions did run. Although once that wasn't the case, people could, if they wanted to, just play PvP, and only PvP. Claiming they had to do PvE, as that had higher potential synergy, and credit rewards per mission, and you were more likely to get said rewards, didn't remove the capacity to just play nothing but PvP, it was the individual's choice to play PvE by that point. Then PvP synergy, and credit rewards were lower, as PvP also provided other rewards, like loyalty far more effectively than PvE did.

you seem to think i have a certain viewpoint as i am a defender of the great pvp whatever, but there isn't really a pve party and a pvp party who are distinct people. there are just people prefering certain game modes more. even if I personally am too lazy to do some missions needing me to go pve i do not complain about that, since i skipped it. if however all missions require me to play pve, all of them, like it was in the past, then i do complain. you just seem to be blind on one eye here - or you are focusing too much on the GS from tournaments.

People do like different things, and any time a game has different things, like PvE, and PvP, there will be those that play the game exclusively for perhaps just one of those things, even if much of the game was against them in doing so. When they lessened the importance of open space by making everything that was only available in that, available in all other game modes, perhaps even more effectively, one could play whatever game mode you liked, and get whatever, except for loyalty, and GS, which were more, or solely concentrated in PvP. Due to that, PvP was objectively the content with the most available rewards, and still is. Then they started with this task reward system, and steady stream of task based events, but they could do as I've suggested before with tasks, which is to provide options. If you want this reward, you can complete tasks in PvP, or PvE, or Co-Op, or open space, or other modes. Not just this one selected game mode, or a group of game modes that must all be done, but complete alternative options so you can get the reward you want, from the gameplay you enjoy. Like right now in the current event, there's a PvP task, and a task in something else, I'm saying they could make just one daily task, that could be completed by doing one of an assortment of different game modes, just pick the one you prefer. Wouldn't you want that for task rewards, and wouldn't you want there to be less emphasis on both RNG, and the cash shop?

All that is what I was getting at with what you initially responded to. Because of how things were, I could for instance get a rewarding, and enjoyable experience from the game. Although, with this focus on task based rewards, and steady flow of task reward events, I can't just play the game in a way I would enjoy, to get what I want, and neither can you. But the onus is more on those that don't like PvP, and weren't playing the game for the PvP, which they used to be able to do quite effectively, but now can't now due to said changes to the game.

I enjoy the occasional pve, and i would love to see OS getting more mature, but the core of the game being pvp, and pvp having been neglected in the past are just facts, while pve is really not left behind at all.

What would you expect of a mature SC open space?

3 hours ago, Mecronmancer said:

I was browsing Facebook today and stumbled across a post from the SC fanpage that gave a broad outline of SC's development plan, and the plan contained this statement:

You can get additional info on this, here in the forum, also, see:

Questions to the developers Winter 2017

8 minutes ago, avarshina said:

A living world. Instead of that dead open world we have now.

Somewhere where you can actually see more then one player per hour, and can interact with them.

57 minutes ago, Phoenix_Shi said:

.. like the confusion over all those many different loyalty types new players were stated to have, but since we still have all those loyalty types, instead of them doing the sensible thing of combining them into a single loyalty pool, it can easily be said that issue wasn't addressed, and I find the new system worse than the old one on a whole.

..  but they could do as I've suggested before with tasks, which is to provide options. If you want this reward, you can complete tasks in PvP, or PvE, or Co-Op, or open space, or other modes. Not just this one selected game mode, or a group of game modes that must all be done, but complete alternative options so you can get the reward you want, from the gameplay you enjoy. Like right now in the current event, there's a PvP task, and a task in something else, I'm saying they could make just one daily task, that could be completed by doing one of an assortment of different game modes, just pick the one you prefer. Wouldn't you want that for task rewards, and wouldn't you want there to be less emphasis on both RNG, and the cash shop?

..  the onus is more on those that don't like PvP, and weren't playing the game for the PvP, which they used to be able to do quite effectively, but now can't now due to said changes to the game.

+3 on these three points

35 minutes ago, Swifter43021 said:

A living world. Instead of that dead open world we have now.

Somewhere where you can actually see more then one player per hour, and can interact with them.

What exactly? I was thinking of more dockable stations and more little bases for corps to protect against raids and bases or asteroids actuially defended by ai-flak turrets and bubbles of non-station protection in a sector (maybe around such player bases?

Dockable big ships moving round for commerce and repair and such things?

5 hours ago, Mecronmancer said:

I cannot like this highly enough - this is a MASSIVE step in the right direction. Incentivizing squadplay will promote teamplay and coordination - something that this game currently sorely lacks in random queue.

I don't know when this will be implemented but this will be something to look forward to for vets and new players alike.

Yeah, right! Looks good on paper, but that's it. :017:

I no longer believe the word they say! :012:

White stripes on Sirius won't be removed! Doomb0t said NO. All is ruined!! :015_2: 

I would rather skin a live alligator, than believe their plan. :beee:

Get some garlic and holy water, they will protect you from their sins! Believe, unbelievers! :yes_yes_yes:

22 hours ago, Mecronmancer said:

17 hours ago, Koromac said:

Yeah, right! Looks good on paper, but that's it. :017:

I no longer believe the word they say! :012:

I agree with Mecron, PvP is a very strong driver. Like g4borg said tournaments were the best frequented fights in SC.

But, Koro, I believe this announcement is rather reasonable, see, they have the 3 new modes stable a long time now (Skirmish,Missions, Versuis AI) what if they had a mode to encourage sqad-play on all of these three?? To get every player (novice & ace & pro) to more squad-play?

The only critique I could think of , was that this could take its time, say till summer, who knows??

On 10.1.2017 at 8:59 PM, Phoenix_Shi said:

Wouldn't you want that for task rewards, and wouldn't you want there to be less emphasis on both RNG, and the cash shop?

Yes I would, which was my point - the reason in the past pvp players complained about pvp being neglected is because you had to play pve, period. No alternatives, no gains if you were pvping. All you got was the base missions - which were already doable in both. You do not have to do this anymore. There just never was the same situation for PvE players, so it does not matter, whether PvP or PvE, so your whole distinctions, and allegation of them focusing more on pvp players was what I responded to. Just scroll back to the past, and you will find, I suggested more than once, that all missions can be done independently, no matter, what you play. Forgive me if you do not know me so well for intrinsicly assuming this.

The exception is tournaments... But thats not a mission. GS. They could do it in raids I suppose?

On 10.1.2017 at 9:11 PM, avarshina said:

(Self set) Waypoints would be a start. More interesting spawning could do something. I dunno, I don't see it going anywhere with this concept to be honest.

‘Cyber-Santa’ bundle will be removed from the game. And with it the unique bonuses to credits, loyalty, synergy, as well as bonuses that increase the characteristics of your ships in battle will no longer be available as well.

will there be compensation for the santa weapons, or should people sell them to get some credits, rather? whats with leftover xenochips? just poof gone?

2 hours ago, g4borg said:

will there be compensation for the santa weapons, or should people sell them to get some credits, rather? whats with leftover xenochips? just poof gone?

I would keep them. It's only a few million credits.

So far my experience with 1.4.0.x is that it is sound & reasonable:

# loot could always be better but imho is o.k.

# three daily mission from the three factions/sations/hangars ('win 5 battles') for Iridium (green leafy currency) is very good, because one can do it in PvP,PvE,PvAI.

# Match Maker (MM) works more or less! It is not super-optimal (rank 4/5 mixed with rank10 and up sometimes) but what do you expect taken into account all the variables and side conditions?

# new Ellydium ships (costly) lets this Free to Play stay interesting and evolving...

# new Open Space & new trading to come , very good

# announced rework of older standard and premium ships, very good

# new research option: I like it

Only thing I miss is the refit of the faction concept back into the game or out of it. The three daily Open Space missions (one mission in open space for 2 monocrystals from each faction/sation/hangar) is confusing and not pleasing nor optimal. But wait, the Open Space update coming and hints in the Developer Blog about the Invasion History (Part Four)  : "The largest human organizations — the Empire, the Federation, and Jericho, almost lost their former influence and power. The dawn of private corporations has arrived." With the Federation territory overrun by pirates, the Empire system blockaded by aliens and the emperor lost, and reported automatic Jericho stations in void sectors might lets us expect thrilling developments and missions. 

4 minutes ago, avarshina said:

new research option: I like it

IMG_1839.JPG

They didnt remove Survival mode!

Yipe Kay Yey!

Best thing in this patch so far:

-Pyro emitter fixed!!

-thermoactive projectile speed increased

-guard get a buff(damn that cool)

-now easier to get a special module for the thar'ga

-easier mission that allow every player to get a thar'ga(thx for that dev's!)

-gargoyle and dart new rank that make fighting more fair (instead of fighting poor newbies)

-vacuum nerf!

That a great patch I realy like it!

Things that didn't get mentioned:

-Music after a spec ops battle seems like it didn't get fix

-trading have been quickly mentioned, is it available or not?

- open space cargo ships bug didn't get mentioned is it fixed?

-missing icon of modules effect on hud didn't get mentioned is it fixed?

-inflicted dmg on the gravity generator of the alien destroyer spec ops didn't get mentioned is it fixed?

-"Previously obtained composite panels do not count"

What does this mean?

Thx for this patch still! Waiting for more info! ;)

I don't understand how the spec ops music hasn't gotten fixed yet. It's been what, over a year now and this simple fix hasn't been addressed yet!?

On the bright side, thank you devs! You guys do do good work! I just find it easier for me to speak out against the problems and not congratulate on the fixes.