Recommended Posts

New PVP Mode (Race To The Finish Line)

Idea is to get from point A (spawn point) to point B (finish line) with obstacles in the way and maybe even turrets shooting at you to slow you down all the while others are shooting the next man in front of them and when you die you spawn back in where you died at (and I would say make the spawn immediate or 5 seconds... instead of 10 to 40 seconds like other modes). Clearly you would want fast ships setup and slotted for this mode but I think a race of some sort would be pretty cool.

Its something new and fresh and still keeping the gameplay in thought by still killing eachother; this is basically the same principal behind beacon capture only there is one thing that needs to be captured and its the finish line; maybe the finish line can be a beacon or carrying a bomb somewhere; idk just think something like this would be great;

What do you guys think? :D

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

OS race would be awesome too :D 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
23 minutes ago, xXConflictionXx said:

New PVP Mode (Race To The Finish Line)

Idea is to get from point A (spawn point) to point B (finish line) with obstacles in the way and maybe even turrets shooting at you to slow you down all the while others are shooting the next man in front of them and when you die you spawn back in where you died at (and I would say make the spawn immediate or 5 seconds... instead of 10 to 40 seconds like other modes). Clearly you would want fast ships setup and slotted for this mode but I think a race of some sort would be pretty cool.

Its something new and fresh and still keeping the gameplay in thought by still killing eachother; this is basically the same principal behind beacon capture only there is one thing that needs to be captured and its the finish line; maybe the finish line can be a beacon or carrying a bomb somewhere; idk just think something like this would be great;

What do you guys think? :D

i think the microwarp would be too OP for it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, otaku98753 said:

i think the microwarp would be too OP for it.

Thought of that already; obstacles and the path would be tight and lots of turns so kind of a maze type thing; idk exactly ofc; just the concept here is what I'm saying and make it balanced ofc only if you bring a guard or something slow then shame on you :)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, millanbel said:

This was suggested before and refused on the grounds that "This isn't Mario Kart"... :p

lol I would love to see that; where is the link? :)

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, millanbel said:

This was suggested before and refused on the grounds that "This isn't Mario Kart"... :p

if you are talking about this thread:

Then this has nothing to do with what I posted... but thx for playing :015:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
21 minutes ago, xXConflictionXx said:

if you are talking about this thread:

Then this has nothing to do with what I posted... but thx for playing :015:

Well this was what gave the idea IIRC, but the suggestion was somewhere else! Anyway it's fairly similar. A racing gamemode

 

Edit: here it is, I didn't even get a reply https://forum.star-conflict.com/index.php?/topic/29502-racing-game-mode-v2/

Check this out: http://i.imgur.com/anL4UJN.gifv

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
22 minutes ago, millanbel said:

Well this was what gave the idea IIRC, but the suggestion was somewhere else! Anyway it's fairly similar. A racing gamemode

 

Edit: here it is, I didn't even get a reply https://forum.star-conflict.com/index.php?/topic/29502-racing-game-mode-v2/

Check this out: http://i.imgur.com/anL4UJN.gifv

 

Thank you for sharing that link however beacon capture is practically the same concept. The idea I have is just more in game content and well basically just more. If race isn't the word we should be using here then please let me know as it seems you are wanting something similar and if one has a good enough imagination they can see what I am talking about with this. I'm not thinking along the lines of Mario kart however I can see where that may be confused.

Think more beacon capture just more linear and still lots of shooting with MORE stuff to avoid making it very much a challenge. Your imagination is the only limit here in how this could be implemented into SC.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, xXConflictionXx said:

Thank you for sharing that link however beacon capture is practically the same concept. The idea I have is just more in game content and well basically just more. If race isn't the word we should be using here then please let me know as it seems you are wanting something similar and if one has a good enough imagination they can see what I am talking about with this. I'm not thinking along the lines of Mario kart however I can see where that may be confused.

Think more beacon capture just more linear and still lots of shooting with MORE stuff to avoid making it very much a challenge. You imagination is the only limit here in how this could be implemented into SC.

Well I think we have similar ideas, I'm sure they could be put together in some way. However in beacon hunt you do not get that "race" feel, since people can decide to move early to the next beacon. What I'd like is a mode where speed, manoevrability, and overall good flying and 3D perception are rewarded. Like in that drone video, I would like tight turns and tunnels, to challenge people. So for example a cruise tackler would be good in straight lines and can slow down enemies, but it will be bad in the turns. And a cov ops would be good in the turns but slower on the straights.

I like your idea of obstacles and turrets that can slow you down and shoot at you!

Something like this would be great, but with shooting and all the other effects we have in star conflict like proxi mines etc: 

 

 

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Racing itself is boring, but I would make it a combination of detonation AND race.
Delivery(already suggested for OS from me) is the concept of taking care of an object, without using it to bomb a station. So you take an item with you(which slow you down like a bomb, and is lost by death/any sort of jump) to the finish line. But if you lose it, the enemy/an ally can take it immediately making a solo tactic prone to last phase capture and lose and would benefit multiple teamwork(one slow, one disable and command for speed etc.).
Instead of -%speed, it would be something like -300m/s penalty(so you MUST have over 300m/s to even leave the place).
And -% speed values are calculated BEFORE this itempenalty.

Would this be a good mode idea for all those pew-pew guys?

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Honestly I don't know how to implement it; I am just wanting the concept of it (get from point A to B before the other team does while killing the other team and obstacles and junk keeping you from getting there fast). The thing about Beacon hunt in pvp is usually if you get there first you are alone and may get killed so its still team based due to max speed being 700 but if you are using cruise then you wont be able to avoid the obstacles and make corners. Best to have inty built for speed like a good beacon capping ship considering that you now ideally need 4 ships slotted and fully modded cause of them bringing back cap the beacon like scl.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I was always a bit skeptical about racing in Citizen, but there, as a simulator, it actually makes sense (even then i never successfully even finished one lap in the murray cup yet, interest low and its pretty hard!). You can lose thrusters, your pilot can suffer trauma from pulling G's, and generally, the spaceships feel more like machines in that game, not simply objects with speed and turnrates. Which is cool, but also somehow has limits in how big games and battles might going to be - so I prefer fighting in Sc.

In Conflict, most of the race would be probably boring, if there is no fighting involved. It would also not be fun to participate with higher ping if its really about tight hitboxes in the map.

Now I think, such things happen in bigger asteroid maps on beacon hunt between ceptors anyway. Having a game mode, where the map requires you to move forward, because the map itself moves somehow, while fighting others trying to outcap each other with some kind of pickups, sounds like a mix of race and fight which would work probably, but only flying in a circle kinda is just a simulation of a simulation of a race, given SC mechanics.

I do feel, OS could feature such things however a lot more, than matchmaking. And of course, mechanics isnt everything - GTA has a very arcady driving physics compared to other car-games and racing is still probably one of its main features.

  • Upvote 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, g4borg said:

I was always a bit skeptical about racing in Citizen, but there, as a simulator, it actually makes sense. You can lose thrusters, your pilot can suffer trauma from pulling G's, and generally, the spaceships feel more like machines in that game, not simply objects with speed and turnrates.

In Conflict, most of the race would be probably boring, if there is no fighting involved. It would also not be fun to participate with higher ping if its really about tight hitboxes in the map.

Now I think, such things happen in bigger asteroid maps on beacon hunt between ceptors anyway. Having a game mode, where the map requires you to move forward, because the map itself moves somehow, while fighting others trying to outcap each other with some kind of pickups, sounds like a mix of race and fight which would work probably, but only flying in a circle kinda is just a simulation of a simulation of a race, given SC mechanics.

I do feel, OS could feature such things however a lot more, than matchmaking.

So basically it seems most of you want something like this in OS which is understandable considering how boring it is right now and I only go out to do the mono dailies.

At the top of every hour you can grab a drone so why not at the bottom of every hour there is a race happening in a certain sector?

Levi seems to be the devs favorite right now so maybe put it there; avoiding predators and the defiler would make it pretty tough, plus if its in levi you can be in any station and not have to travel far to get to it.

Edit: bleh, racing in os is completely different from what I had in mind but if it works then I'm in...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.