CinnamonFake

Developer Blog from October 27: New Jericho Destroyer and Halloween

53 posts in this topic

It has recently become a common occurrence to see a freshly-built Sirius destroyer proudly soaring through different sectors.  Many pilots already mastered the flagship of the Federation and successfully use it in the vast universe of Star Conflict.

e2da3c3dadfc4fad47312ea68c41.jpg

Jericho's time has come and the ship of Bartle's followers is already preparing to take its place in the UMC shipyards. It is called the ‘Tyrant’. It was created under the watchful eye of Oracles, as a counter to the imperial ‘Invincible’.  The powerful destroyer was used in conjunction with low-tonnage vessels during raids on undefended colonies deep in the rear of the former ‘Direktorium’. Despite the age of the ship, most of its parameters are up to modern standards, and in some ways even surpass them.

The Jericho ship is characterized by increased resistance to damage and high power of weapons and modules in its class. ‘Tyrant’ can be equipped with unique modules, special modules and weapons, exclusive to the owners of the Jericho flagship:

  • Special module Warp-reflector.When the destroyer's shield takes damage, the module accumulates charge that can be spent on its activation. When the module is activated, the target enemy ship receives very high EM damage.
  • ‘Thermoactive weapon’ deals kinetic damage and increases critical hit chance as you fire it.The more the weapon overheats, the higher the chance of a critical hit.
  • New active module ‘Isotope Harvester’ will be especially interesting to those who rely on shields.When it is activated, a plasma energy sphere is generated at some distance in front of the ship. it starts moving towards the destroyer, inflicting damage to all enemies falling into it. Having reached the ship, it restores its shields. The greater the damage inflicted, the more shield energy will be regenerated.
  • The new passive modifier also affects shields.If a target is destroyed within a certain radius of the destroyer, part of its shield energy will be recovered.

Oracles are expected to hand blueprints over to UMC in true Jericho manner — on the eve of Halloween.Preparations for the start of Tyrant's mass production will take place in the mystical atmosphere of All Saints Day. Fanatics and cultists worshiping the Signal believe that on this day souls of the dead penetrate into our world. Rumour has it that hellish laughter can sometimes be even heard in hangars.

Our old friend Miranda Del Arte is already preparing for the next confrontation with Signal's Peak — the most disturbing time of the year.Bravest of the mercenaries will accompany her on a special, highly dangerous job. As a reward, the agent of the Inquisition offers valuable resources for production of destroyers.

The most desperate pilots armed with missiles ‘MEM Inquisitor’ will go on a ‘W.I.T.Ch. Hunt’ — an annual sector sweep dedicated to eradicating Alien infection.The best mercenaries will receive a special achievement and a special title!

98f53c0edef16c9ac1cc3346da76.jpg

In order to look authentic in the fight against evil spirits, UMC recommended to check out the store for a new container with a unique ship colouring scheme, and make sure to look at the sticker section — holiday novelties await! But don't forget — do not get complacent and always scan your surroundings! Anything can happen on Halloween...

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, CinnamonFake said:

The Jericho ship is characterized by increased resistance to damage and high power of weapons and modules in its class. ‘Tyrant’ can be equipped with unique modules, special modules and weapons, exclusive to the owners of the Jericho flagship:

  • Special module Warp-reflector.When the destroyer's shield takes damage, the module accumulates charge that can be spent on its activation. When the module is activated, the target enemy ship receives very high EM damage.
  • ‘Thermoactive weapon’ deals kinetic damage and increases critical hit chance as you fire it.The more the weapon overheats, the higher the chance of a critical hit.
  • New active module ‘Isotope Harvester’ will be especially interesting to those who rely on shields.When it is activated, a plasma energy sphere is generated at some distance in front of the ship. it starts moving towards the destroyer, inflicting damage to all enemies falling into it. Having reached the ship, it restores its shields. The greater the damage inflicted, the more shield energy will be regenerated.
  • The new passive modifier also affects shields.If a target is destroyed within a certain radius of the destroyer, part of its shield energy will be recovered.

This new Jericho destroyer looks much stronger then Sirius in so many way.

Unless you, like for sirius, find a way to make the 'Tyrant' less powerful then the r11 counterpart. 

 

 

BTW, what the hell ? Jericho have a new weapon but not Federation ?

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, Swifter43021 said:

Jericho have a new weapon but not Federation ?

This time Jericho was lucky) But the way, a little later, after the patch, new Jericho ship is expected

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

A new weapon?!And Tyrant looks like its made out of LEGOs,I WANIT!Alright,p2w time boiz.

CinnamonFake (Posted )

We will try to check out new event quests system on this one. If you will do almost every mission you will definitely get it ;)
0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I don't get it. Why not making the new weapon available to all r14 destroyers instead, to make it fair? 

 

Because weapons are 90% of the ship. So unless the weapon is bad, there's no way other destroyers will be better. 

CinnamonFake (Posted )

Tyrant has it's strong and weak sides. And check out new Alien Destro gun)
0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Jericho! When WHEEEEN??!?!? :00:
And you show us just a little fragment of the ship? 
Why did you do that? WHY??? :007_2:
...however, it looks amazing! :007_3:

CinnamonFake (Posted )

Tuesday most likely ;)
0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

So any news about Nightingale? I'm like 180 parts away and it's an excruciatingly slow grind.

CinnamonFake (Posted )

Work in progress on this one. I will make the anouncement when something comes up.
0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, TheDarkRedFox said:

So any news about Nightingale? I'm like 180 parts away and it's an excruciatingly slow grind.

The news is hurry up and grind comrade, is of special limited offer!

Speaking of, what's the time limit on the Tyrant? You're releasing it sooner than expected, which likely means you'll take it down sooner than expected.

CinnamonFake (Posted )

We didn't reworked any terms on Tyrant event. You will know about new timer when it comes
0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

One more question, CinnamonFake.

Will be getting another, the 2nd one, 1 month long loot table, with correct numbers of neodium, beryllium and electrum as well?

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Koromac said:

One more question, CinnamonFake.

Will be getting another, the 2nd one, 1 month long loot table, with correct numbers of neodium, beryllium and electrum as well?

Yep, but this time we will try new quest system on this event. They're will not be only1 day available any more, but 5. So anyone can skip a day or even more, and do some missions in one day

1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Swifter43021 said:

 

Unless you, like for sirius, find a way to make the 'Tyrant' less powerful then the r11 counterpart. 

And how's sirius weaker than antares?

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Sirius: 4th Bonus is meh.
Sirus: Special module is less powerful.
Sirius: Way bigger as Antares. 1.5 - 2 times or so. So AG will have easier time to hit you.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

It happens when u fly in a straight line, you get hit. Anyways, yo-ho-ho and a bottle of rum, OS piracy with r14s gun be awusum :D

1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Christmas and Thanksgiving are coming early this year for lots of people! Gotta say that little spoiler of the Tyrant's architecture is making people ride the hype train XD 

3 hours ago, Swifter43021 said:

Because weapons are 90% of the ship. So unless the weapon is bad, there's no way other destroyers will be better. 

All ships have their strengths and weaknesses, and the pilot is also responsible for that too. All three factions have their bonuses, Federation has a bonus on critical damage, the others don NOT. Take that into consideration, plus, every faction and every ship has a pro & con. Executing ship class roles as intended also has a LOT to do with how "good" or "bad" the ship is. Do not expect a LRF to tank like a guard and get mad because the ship is "weak", for example. Stick to the roles and the bonuses, and it will be ok.

5 hours ago, CinnamonFake said:

New active module ‘Isotope Harvester’ will be especially interesting to those who rely on shields.When it is activated, a plasma energy sphere is generated at some distance in front of the ship. it starts moving towards the destroyer, inflicting damage to all enemies falling into it. Having reached the ship, it restores its shields. The greater the damage inflicted, the more shield energy will be regenerated.

Is this a module that makes your shields grow huge and then pull everything caught in it, while inflicting dmg to them? IDK if I understood this well, but just asking (because its creepy-cool XD)

57 minutes ago, CinnamonFake said:

Yep, but this time we will try new quest system on this event. They're will not be only1 day available any more, but 5. So anyone can skip a day or even more, and do some missions in one day

I wonder if: A) its going to be a 5 x 10 quest ( 5 missions worth 10 Nd or 10 Be )

                  B) its going to be a 5 x (X) ( 5 missions worth X Nd or X Be ) [X = <10... probably 5 or something idk)

Gotta say, some people will have problem with ship parts and packages, since, we gotta craft them from materials found in Open Space and Monocrystals... which have a broad use in the game. Unless people spam premium licenses, and other missions giving Monocrystals as reward, it will still be an issue (some of us, if not the majority, were prepared for these T5 Destroyer events, though)...

So all this said, I know there is too much good stuff coming from the Developer side of the game, but... is there going to be an incentive for those players? Something like a 2 Monocrystal reward mission? (I don't consider it necessary for myself, but, you know, other player do need it)

In case someone reads this and finds himself on the "I don't have enough monos/packages for these" situation, $5 on a money card, buy GS, spam licenses, monos from missions, rank the hell out of factions, etc... because there are many ways do it.

 

Thank you, devs, for all your work on this! :D 

 

1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Good thing I had a whole 6 beryllium left over from the R11 missions. I should be able to craft the R14 dessy in about 2 years.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I need 10 more berry and 18 electrum for the last structure,hopefully the next set of tasks will help us out,could be great to choose our rewards for those(ex:Getting only berry if we want to).

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I know that ships all have their strengths and weaknesses. But Sirius have more weaknesses then others. 

xxxx special (compare stabilizer to Empire router), bad passives (EM spread with no EM weapon having spread o_o) , and really specific modules.

Even his unique passive modifier have nothing special because there's something called Shared coolers already. 

Antares is stronger. 

 

While Jericho is presented with much more unique features, AND it seems like it have the bonuses with +10% damage to guns and +10% power of mods (because description says so)

 

BTW, for the Jericho active "Isotope harvester", I guess it's something like Arhi Q from LOL.

Throwing a ball in front of you that deal damage when going back to you. And if you move, it follows you, so you can "control"  the ball, while healing of a fixed amount everytimes you hit. 

I just wonder if it will fit star conflict. Because such mechanic looks really hard to use, especially on a destroyer. 

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

a little bit too late, but tl:dr?

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

This one is nice :D 
but I can still count pixels on DE :( 

o2gH9sh.jpg

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, CinnamonFake said:

It has recently become a common occurrence to see a freshly-built Sirius destroyer proudly soaring through different sectors.  Many pilots already mastered the flagship of the Federation and successfully use it in the vast universe of Star Conflict.

e2da3c3dadfc4fad47312ea68c41.jpg

Jericho's time has come and the ship of Bartle's followers is already preparing to take its place in the UMC shipyards. It is called the ‘Tyrant’. It was created under the watchful eye of Oracles, as a counter to the imperial ‘Invincible’.  The powerful destroyer was used in conjunction with low-tonnage vessels during raids on undefended colonies deep in the rear of the former ‘Direktorium’. Despite the age of the ship, most of its parameters are up to modern standards, and in some ways even surpass them.

The Jericho ship is characterized by increased resistance to damage and high power of weapons and modules in its class. ‘Tyrant’ can be equipped with unique modules, special modules and weapons, exclusive to the owners of the Jericho flagship:

  • Special module Warp-reflector.When the destroyer's shield takes damage, the module accumulates charge that can be spent on its activation. When the module is activated, the target enemy ship receives very high EM damage.
  • ‘Thermoactive weapon’ deals kinetic damage and increases critical hit chance as you fire it.The more the weapon overheats, the higher the chance of a critical hit.
  • New active module ‘Isotope Harvester’ will be especially interesting to those who rely on shields.When it is activated, a plasma energy sphere is generated at some distance in front of the ship. it starts moving towards the destroyer, inflicting damage to all enemies falling into it. Having reached the ship, it restores its shields. The greater the damage inflicted, the more shield energy will be regenerated.
  • The new passive modifier also affects shields.If a target is destroyed within a certain radius of the destroyer, part of its shield energy will be recovered.

Oracles are expected to hand blueprints over to UMC in true Jericho manner — on the eve of Halloween.Preparations for the start of Tyrant's mass production will take place in the mystical atmosphere of All Saints Day. Fanatics and cultists worshiping the Signal believe that on this day souls of the dead penetrate into our world. Rumour has it that hellish laughter can sometimes be even heard in hangars.

Our old friend Miranda Del Arte is already preparing for the next confrontation with Signal's Peak — the most disturbing time of the year.Bravest of the mercenaries will accompany her on a special, highly dangerous job. As a reward, the agent of the Inquisition offers valuable resources for production of destroyers.

The most desperate pilots armed with missiles ‘MEM Inquisitor’ will go on a ‘W.I.T.Ch. Hunt’ — an annual sector sweep dedicated to eradicating Alien infection.The best mercenaries will receive a special achievement and a special title!

98f53c0edef16c9ac1cc3346da76.jpg

In order to look authentic in the fight against evil spirits, UMC recommended to check out the store for a new container with a unique ship colouring scheme, and make sure to look at the sticker section — holiday novelties await! But don't forget — do not get complacent and always scan your surroundings! Anything can happen on Halloween...

I think i'm love... o_O

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I was sorry that I missed the Sirius (I won't have the resources to build it in time, if only I had a couple more days) but the Tyrant appears to be a lot better.

The Sirius is the destroyer I wanted, but the Tyrant is the destroyer I need! :007_2:

Here's a special dedication to Cinnamon Fake in recognition of his dedication. I hope you'll like it:003:

 

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, Swifter43021 said:

BTW we can see that Jericho will be 2 top and 2 sides for mods.

Are you sure both of them will be on the top?Maybe one on the bottom,would be a shame to have the same module placement as Sybil,but oh well,guess they must have weaknesses too...

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Well so far the Jericho line is the only one without a 2-top/2-bottom layout so you can't be so sure yet.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
30 minutes ago, TheDarkRedFox said:

Well so far the Jericho line is the only one without a 2-top/2-bottom layout so you can't be so sure yet.

Archon is 2 top and 2 bottom

Brave is 2 top and 2 bottom

Sirius is 2 top and 2 bottom

 

So it is safe to say that r14 Emp and Jer will not be 2 top and 2 bottom

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!


Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.


Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.