Questions to the developers Winter 2016

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

"All needed resources will be available during event missions. And for now there'll be tasks for 5 days available. It means that you can complete 5 tasks in 1 day, and miss one or 2 days without any l

Is this a bug or intended?

Posted Images

Serious question: Which is the amount of dedotated wam the server has?(the game server of course)

CinnamonFake (Posted )

If you mean, how much server zones do we have - it's 4. Ru, Eu, NA and South Asia

I have a question regarding the new r14 destroyers... Once those "events" where we can build only one of them at the time are closed, will it still be possible to build a random one on our own ?

Just taking an example: I wanted the federation "Sirius" flagship, but unfortunately i wasn't unable to play often when it was available, and so was unable to gather all the required materials. Once the "Empire-Destroyer-Period" is over, will all the 3 destroyers be available again for building (without the rare-materials-rewarding-missions of course) ?

CinnamonFake (Posted )

First, I suggest to wait untill New Year (there's a lot of new stuff coming), and there may be some new information ;)

When the Sirius was released the Nightingale came with it, they were on the login screen side by side. Now with the Tyrant out and both the Sirius and Nightingale gone, there appears to be a fighter of some kind next to the Tyrant on the login screen, said fighter was until recently also on the pictures of the Tyrant in the "Special" tab of the special menu, now it is only on the login screen. Will this fighter ever be released like the Nightingale was, or is it just decoration?

OmegaFighter (Posted )

There is never just decoration when it comes to ships. :)

Hey again.

i just take a look back in this topic, and so noticed that I'm appearently not the only one who asked for the r14 destroyers to be available on long-term... So just in case that those one's may NOT be available after New Year... What is supposed to happen to all the ressources (actually only elektrum concerned, but that's already rare enough) we've gathered to try to build those ships ?

Or, in case that such a question might not be solved for now, what could possibly happen with such ressources ?

Exchanged for GS's ? Credits ? Or other ressources ?

OmegaFighter (Posted )

No one ever stated that the destroyers are gone forever.

1. Why do you insist on making the better mission loot rewards only obtainable if flying max synergy ships? I can see no benefit to the player, only for this to be a way to encourage people to buy premium ships, and get them to use the paid synergy transfer service. You still only have just a chance of getting such items, even if all four slots have the same rank of max synergy ship I get mostly credit rewards, and I absolutely hate playing with a bunch of ships I consider to be "done" when I have so many more to level up yet.

2. Why not let us complete scaled loyalty contracts at about any ship rank as before? Now I can only do them with rank 13+ ships, but I'm currently levelling lower ranked ships, so contracts are useless to me, and surely most wouldn't level up all the ships at a rank before moving on, so most would be in the same position as me eventually, and for some time.

3. Why was the number of raw destroyer materials required to make a processed destroyer material increased by multiple times of what it used to be, or at all? It used to be that open space was a fair, but slow way to get those materials, now it's all but a waste of time to even try, especially for Ber given its excessive rarity (I'm lucky to get one unit or raw Ber per hour of farming). Feels like the odds of getting a processed destroyer part in OS was reduced at the time of that change as well. If the response is something like "don't worry, changes to OS are coming" then why was that change to the unit requirements made so very long before those still forthcoming OS changes?

4. Why was the volume of Mono Crystals gained in OS missions reduced when you keep adding more things to make which use them? SC league is out of the question for people like me, as I play lone wolf, and don't like PvP. As mentioned I'm dead set against flying max synergy ships for just a chance at better rewards, so for people like me, this was nothing but a reduction in gains, when at the same time I need more of them than before. Why hurt those that like one game mode, just because those resources were put in other game modes as well?

5. Why are your "events" so long lately? Events in most games last a few days (weekend events) to a few weeks, the last couple here have lasted a few months, causing them to quickly feel like a new daily chore, not an event.

6. Why weren't all the rank 14 destroyers released at the same time, so we could see what they are like, get all the materials from the event, and pick the one, or more we want to make?

7. Why was the Jericho destroyer event phase three weeks, while the other two are four weeks long?

8. What is with this obsession to remove new items/ships from production for an undisclosed period of time shortly after their release, what benefit is there in that to the player? Wouldn't being able to get access to them more easily if you were there for the release event be enough? This method is especially harmful to new players which lacked the capacity to even do the event task at the time (with gains as they are, good luck getting a R14 destroyer if you missed the event). It also would put those that were able to get them at an advantage, and therefore only hurt balancing, so seems like an all around bad idea.
  • Upvote 2

• OmegaFighter changed the title to Questions to the developers 2016

The last R14 destroyer is here and a new "revolutionary" patch is coming. Are we going to need monocrystals for the new patch? Or can we spend them freely in this destroyer.

OmegaFighter (Posted )

I suggest you to be always careful with your resources before a big patch no matter what it is.

On 23.11.2016 at 1:55 AM, Phoenix_Shi said:

Why do you insist on making the better mission loot rewards only obtainable if flying max synergy ships?

If you've just opened r8 ship and started to gather destroyer parts in loot, it will be suprisingly easy. Max ships of certain ranks gives us the option to put all reward's resources into the different places, for pilots to farm what they want. Untill we will manage to develop the system with choosable rewards. Also maxed ship is more prepared for fights then fresh one.

Why not let us complete scaled loyalty contracts at about any ship rank as before?

We're working on it. This probably will be like choosing your prefered rank loyalty contracts for a day.

Why was the number of raw destroyer materials required to make a processed destroyer material increased by multiple times of what it used to be, or at all?

If you mean before patch 1.3.4? To make those resources available in PvP, PvE and Co-op Trophy Search. And it still remains in OS. When something incresed, something else somewhere should be decreased.

Why was the volume of Mono Crystals gained in OS missions reduced when you keep adding more things to make which use them?

Same with monocrystalls. Check out patch 1.3.4 and it's discussion, it was explaned there pretty much.

Why are your "events" so long lately?

We have long running events. It helps to give long running tasks, connected with each other and with the way the game's going. Like Alien research event and future Big Update. Short event are also available if we'll have a time.

Why weren't all the rank 14 destroyers released at the same time

We did this before. Now we decided to try another way, it's all about experiments. Besides this destroyers are really big deal, more unique.

Why was the Jericho destroyer event phase three weeks, while the other two are four weeks long?

Changes in schedule, due to next big update coming.

What is with this obsession to remove new items/ships from production for an undisclosed period of time shortly after their release

The player who complete event and get this reward gets a unique exclusive ship or item. It reminds him and everyone around that he earned it hard, and not everybody managed to do that. He has a special thing. It's like with Alien coating, some ppl have it, but I've read a lot messages about bringing it back for the last half of the year.

• Upvote 1

11 hours ago, Savanna said:

base on i already got all dlces from the game store...what will happen if i buy the dlc from steam?

It' different platforms, but the same items, maybe with different complectations and other little differences. You will buy the thing twice in this case. Like buyng one game pruduct on xbox and playstation, double paying.

2 hours ago, TheDerpNukem said:

Will the new faction have standard ships or require a special resource/currency?

Too early for that to announce. Wait untill December 20. I hope you have some living crystals left ;) 

• Upvote 1

WHERE'S THE OTHER NEW PREMIUM SHIPS AT? We were promised THREE of them, one paired with each rank 14 destroyer, all we've gotten is the nightingale, where's the cool Jericho ship in the log in screen a while ago??? Where's the new empire hull tank at?? Where's the sparkly coloring for the other dlc pirate ships other than phoenix reaper nyx and blood tormentor n stuff?? Where's the crew inside destroyers like they are in interceptors and fighters?? Where's the crew in frigates?! Where's open space pirate destroyers?! Where's the fixed singularity cannon upgrade color textures!?! Where's the fixed gravy beamer default orientation!?! So many questions so little time!

OmegaFighter (Posted )

Everything in preparation, they will come and one of the missing ones is ready to come, much work has been done on the upcoming update.

Hi, I'm relativly new to the game, I'm in my second month 55 days but still am quite uncomfortable in the game specifically in such aspects of it as the warehouse, shop, Corp etc...

Is there or will there be improvements to ui and or guide/tutorial?.. most of the things I've found out I did mostly myself or rarely by searching through some forum threads in which I was interested at best in 1% of the info...

5 hours ago, micgus said:

Hi, I'm relativly new to the game, I'm in my second month 55 days but still am quite uncomfortable in the game specifically in such aspects of it as the warehouse, shop, Corp etc...

Is there or will there be improvements to ui and or guide/tutorial?.. most of the things I've found out I did mostly myself or rarely by searching through some forum threads in which I was interested at best in 1% of the info...

We're working under HUD improvements, but there'll be no major changes in the near future. As a newcomer, I think you might be interested in cheking out tutorial video series  on Star Conflict official Youtube channel :)

• Upvote 1

Why are steam ship bundles on average 30 to 60% cheaper, while not on sale, than pc versions which are on sale?

eg elite pilot 114.95,  80.47 on pc, while on sale, 49.99 on steam, not on sale

CinnamonFake (Posted )

Recently we reworked steam bundles, maybe that's why it is. Last sale on that platform ended on november 29th. Keep an eye on news to see when the next one comes in.

I've started using destroyers more often recently, and couldn't help but notice that the standard view for destroyers has "poles" at the top and bottom of the plane the ship spawns at, if you look straight up the view will find the pole and spin wildly, often getting put at an odd angle to the ship. It is also impossible to constantly track a ship that passes through the poles (NPC destroyers aren't affected by this), also in PVE using a duplicator often moves the poles to a random angle, permanently throwing off the view (pressing ctrl and re-aligning the ship will temporarily fix this but it never works quite right). Will these poles ever get removed, and/or made relative to the current viewing angle and therefore never on the screen? 

CinnamonFake (Posted )

If i got it right it's just a matter of ship class, neccessary evil, in this case.

When can we expect the AUTUMN Open space update?
The one we were told about would change the OS completely, making dreadnoughts actually visible as they are docked, etc?

Will Castor ship series ever get retextured?

Are there any plans for new PvP or OS maps?

Is the Alpha-7 Complex ever going to be fixed? You can still pretty much collide with nothing during flight.

Is the in game chat system going to get an overhaul at some point? It's very annoying to be 1/2 way through a sentence then get cut off by a loading screen, then when you try to start again everything you had up already becomes highlighted and if you aren't careful you will lose all of it instead of continuing like you meant to. And if you were talking with someone while in a game waiting screen you probably wont have time to re-start a long message. 

The current version is old and tedious.

Also, will the UI be getting some new artwork? It works fine functionally but the style just seems a bit dated.

CinnamonFake (Posted )

We wanted to make hangar chat availale in OS. To make it work while the game loads is technicaly impossible at the moment