Questions to the developers Winter 2016

Dear conquerors of the Star Conflict Universe!

This topic is designed to collect and organize the players' questions towards the developers as well as their answers. In order to provide a better overview and easier search, this topics' priority will be focused on game related content in January.

Answers are usually given daily on weekdays. Developers will read all questions, but questions which are not clearly defined, which are obviously stupid, which are lying on the "surface", or which violate the rules of the forum, will be ignored and deleted.

How to ask questions:
Formulate your questions as clear as possible. Try to ask only important questions. Use the search function before asking any questions, some questions may have already been answered.

The following rules apply to this thread:
1. Posts that do not contain any game related questions will be deleted.
2. This thread is not for suggestions. Any suggestion posted in this thread will be deleted.
3. Any discussion in this subject will be considered as flame and offtopic and will be punished appropriately.
4. The questions are asked towards the game developers and therefore only they can respond.
5. The thread will be cleaned at least once a week. This means that all player posts will be removed and the questions will be added to the developers answers as a quote.

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

"All needed resources will be available during event missions. And for now there'll be tasks for 5 days available. It means that you can complete 5 tasks in 1 day, and miss one or 2 days without any l

Is this a bug or intended?

Posted Images

Ok,will Hara every new destroyer come with different specmods and passive mods?

CinnamonFake (Posted )

there will be unique exclusive mudules for current destroyer, and new modules for all destroyers as well)

Will ellydium corp get their own station in the upcomming update? If yes, will we get new map connected with the levi system? Will new classes of ships/faction appear at the same time? And finaly, will SC get a story mode or campain? Thx, and sry for my Bad english :)

CinnamonFake (Posted )

You will know answers about Ellydium when New Year's update will come) And we all want to do some kind of story mode, but lacks of time and people

Will we have destroyers that aren't of the suppressor class? 

We already got "engineers" destroyers, that spawn repair/attack drones and static shield. 

Now we need LRD, long range destroyers. 

CinnamonFake (Posted )

This is not in the plans. All destroyers are considered as suppressor class ships for now

1. Why was neodium choosen as material(name and function-wise)?
2. Why was berrylium choosen as material(name and function-wise)?
3. Why was electrum choosen as material(name and function-wise)?
4. How will the droprate of electrum be in OS?
I ask because you need over 720 ore to make 1! r14 destroyer, not to speak about the other two.

CinnamonFake (Posted )

Every destroyer need it's own materal to craft, it wasn't chosen, it's needed. And it's too early to talk about electrum in OS. if you want new destro, just participate in ongoing event ;)

I'd like to ask the designers: would you make the special Sword S diffusion main module go onto all Jericho command ships once a player obtains it? Getting it is an incredibly hefty undertaking for it to be on only one ship.

CinnamonFake (Posted )

It's a unique module, specialy for Sword S. Other ships may have their own in time.

What will happen with the destructible modules on ships idea? That voting in the past killed it?

CinnamonFake (Posted )

PM me about it with the link on it. Cause I can't really say what is this idea we're talking)

Will be the laboratory available in the new year?

13 hours ago, xXThunderFlameXx said:

Mus be photoshopped.

Nope I have those items too.

CinnamonFake (Posted )

No, we have another plans for New Year for now)

What happened to the rewards listed here ?

The board has been silently modified, why did we passed from 315 (4th october isn't on screen, it was 5 electrum) to  270 Electrum without any warning on the modification ?

(this picture has been taken from original post before the modification)

Sans titre.png

CinnamonFake (Posted )

Originaly patch was planned on October 6, that's where the mistakes in mission rewards came from. Now the table is fixed

• 3 weeks later...

Suddenly coming out of nowhere with basically an "Oh, by the way we forgot to mention that the internal structures you've been able to make until now were all Sirius only and wont work on any other destroyer" felt a lot like a back-stab to people who'd been pre-making them out of fear they would pull a neodium plate and enriched berrylium, and start costing significantly more than their original price. Myself included. Would it be possible for those of us to have a way of getting back the materials we put into structures that are basically useless to us now? Such as something along the lines of an "Internal structures reconfiguration kit" that can be made to turn structures meant for one destroyer into those meant for another? As long as the kit uses less electrum than the structures they would be worth using to most people, especially since there was no prior warning of the update that made each destroyer have unique structures. Also, the update mentioned the need for a Shipyard Activator to make the jericho destroyer Tyrant, but references to what exactly the activator is or how it is acquired are not mentioned, nor is it mentioned how it is used or if multiple activators are needed. So what is it, how do we get it, and how many do we need?

CinnamonFake (Posted )

Stabilazed structures may be used on Tyrant as well now, check out recent news) You'll know about the activator when news will appear

6 hours ago, Incarceron said:

Suddenly coming out of nowhere with basically an "Oh, by the way we forgot to mention that the internal structures you've been able to make until now were all Sirius only and wont work on any other destroyer" felt a lot like a back-stab to people who'd been pre-making them out of fear they would pull a neodium plate and enriched berrylium, and start costing significantly more than their original price. Myself included. Would it be possible for those of us to have a way of getting back the materials we put into structures that are basically useless to us now? Such as something along the lines of an "Internal structures reconfiguration kit" that can be made to turn structures meant for one destroyer into those meant for another? As long as the kit uses less electrum than the structures they would be worth using to most people, especially since there was no prior warning of the update that made each destroyer have unique structures. Also, the update mentioned the need for a Shipyard Activator to make the jericho destroyer Tyrant, but references to what exactly the activator is or how it is acquired are not mentioned, nor is it mentioned how it is used or if multiple activators are needed. So what is it, how do we get it, and how many do we need?

http://star-conflict.com/en/news/949-tyrant-production-en

CinnamonFake (Posted )

Yep, that's the news

Why do you keep nerfing things?

Examples: Crystal plates have lower resistance, gthardu has lower damage and higher spread, tempest now sprays rockets everywhere instead of in a nice little column, PvE gets worse with each update, new ships are nearly impossible to get without payment, etc etc etc etc etc. This is not a good trend. Continuing to add new resources is an awful idea. It is not needed in any aspect. The only reason for you to say it is "needed" is because your boss just said that they wanted more money.

CinnamonFake (Posted )

We're not nerfing all the things. Sometimes modules become out of balance and we tweaking them, in both sides, trying to find the right point.

CinnamonFake (Posted )

New Destroyers have to be earned, each one of them. It's possible to keep resources for needed one, it will make craft easier at the end. But missions should be done to manufacture it in the end)

"All needed resources will be available during event missions. And for now there'll be tasks for 5 days available. It means that you can complete 5 tasks in 1 day, and miss one or 2 days without any lost rewards)" - CinnamonFake

Are the tasks been given like this right now?

I completed some tasks, one gave me 10 impure Nd and the other one gave me 5 Electrum and 5 Jericho Special chips, both from the Broker but was just one task...  

Is there something wrong or is it too early? 

CinnamonFake (Posted )

This time it's allright with rewards. Don't forget about sending Destroyers to war with Gage task, not only broker missions. Doing all the things should bring enough resources.
  • Upvote 2

will the r14 destroyers become available to build again later for those who do no not have the relevant materials at present (the special internal structures needed are not the only parts required)?

CinnamonFake (Posted )

Maybe. The information about it will be published when the decision will be made.

question 1:

when can we use VIVE to play the game? any ETA for it?

question 2:

when can we have T5 coop? as a pve player, i really need that.

thanks.

CinnamonFake (Posted )

1. We need to finish our work woth Oculus, and then think about other VR support. We had some expirience with Vive already, so it may be it)

CinnamonFake (Posted )

2. T5 is endgame, if there'll be coop it should be on insane difficulty. We really think that PvP on that stage is more approachable option

What happened to the way the Pumpkin paint looked on Acid Hydra and the Anniversary preset used to look on Alligator Mk.II? Will they come back in some form or other for these ships or some other ships as well perhaps?

CinnamonFake (Posted )

Reworked. If they'll come back, it may be the new form.

I have been sending the Archon with Gage while also doing Broker tasks, 20 electrum in total, a day. I may have enough resources for the 3 SDS that T5 dessies demand, but the requirements for the DCS, which is 3 of them, need 100 JDA chips for each (300) in total)... doing the Broker tasks alone gives 5 JDA chips per task, on 20 days, its 100 JDA chips, but in order to really get enough resources, I'd need a rank 11 destroyer, which, sending it, I have been told I can get 5 JDA chips... sending it 20 times will give me another 100 JDA chips in total... so I'd have 200/300 JDA chips... is it just me or are we gonna run short on those? BTW I'm already giving up, just too much materials for it. Having a rank 11 destroyer and a r8 destroyer seems MANDATORY to get enough resources to build the Tyrant, and even with that, Im looking at a 200/300 JDA chips... the only way would be to buy materials. But the container for Elite destroyers is mixed up with materials I really do not need (electrum)... I'd buy them just to try if I get enough JDA chips, but Im not sure of how many JDA chips I will get from it, since its mixed (x5 guarantees 5 JDA chips, but... that's it??) 

- Are there really enough materials?

- Will the 'Elite Destroyer Parts' container be separated into Electrum Container and 'Jericho Destroyer Parts' or something like that? 

- Do we need both, rank 8 and rank 11 destroyers to actually be able to complete Tyrant's construction?

... I hope they come back soon, will have materials and parts ready, but will try hard to get the most out of the missions... 

CinnamonFake (Posted )

Broker gives different amount of resources for his missions. There'll be enough JDA at the end.

Will there ever be an undo button for when you accidentally craft wrong item. Ex. Someone in my corp wanted to craft the new alien weapon for his r11 destroyer and by mistake crafted the r8 instead. A simple undo would have been ideal here due to human beings make mistakes.

Not sure about exploiting something like that but I'm in favor of it although I don't think ive made any mistakes like that minus the time that I built r8 archon and forgot to change 1 thing before I built it costing me another *insert price here*.

Oh and also a try before you buy thing for custom map or videos in game of how something works would be great too. The new alien weapons to many were a let down and I built the dag't'nith and never use it, just a total waste of crystals.

CinnamonFake (Posted )

Gaijin Support can actulaly help with situations like this. From us, we only can do additional "attention" windows.

is there going to be a rebalance of loot from missions? many of the resources we used to get from salvaging such as computer chips are now scarce unless you want to spend copious amounts of time in open space. Not that i am against OS farming but for the first time since i started playing i am running out of materials and i don't have as much time anymore to farm. i like the new system for upgrading modules and weapons but am getting frustrated by the lack of materials needed to make ship parts especially now when i want to make an r14 destroyer but find myself unable to make the ship modules as the changes were brought in just after i made a secret project ship.

CinnamonFake (Posted )

Loot balancing happens from time to time. When we see that one resource becomes too rare, we make necessary changes.