Rentago

Open Space could use more content!

I think the idea of open space is real neat, but I've played many games before this one and the reason I play this is because it reminds me of Space Cowboy Online (Ace Online and Air Rivals since the split).

Well the thing is, I'm surprised with the lack of interaction you have when out in open space. There aren't any space stations you could land at, no NPCs to interact with and collecting resources are limited to being an easter egg hunts. You aren't allowed to trade amongst players, something that surprises me because you think someone would want to gather and sell bulks of resources to others if they could.

There are space stations out in space that look like they having landing pads, but to my disappointment there isn't a way to land or really interact with them other than just being a part of the environment, even those satellites that look like they could be refueling stations simply have fuel canisters floating around them rather than any kind of interaction with them.

What we have here isn't bad, but its very bare minimum and could easily be expanded upon to bring something real neat to the table.

I would honestly like to see black market dealers in open space, where you can land at these outposts and interact with the NPC for things, being from smuggling goods into certain space stations for rewards or killing certain players who accumulated bounties. Actually I want a system in place where you can deliver goods to various stations, like buying stuff specifically meant to be sold at another station requiring pilgrimages to make money based on the distance, what you carried, and how much you carried. To do this though we'd need to see inventory also expanded, where you can carry stacks of items rather than each square being occupied by a single item regardless if its the same as an existing one.

There should be little outposts in space that you can land at to repair, refuel, store collected loot, etc. Though to many this would seem like a "useless" feature since you can easily repair or gather fuel as it is, I think having locations to land and interact with outside of the big 3 space ports (which are really just different looking garages) would simply make the open space look more lived in rather than static background. You could probably expand upon those kind of things to make it so outposts can be owned and upgraded by corporations who claimed the location and do things like charge taxes on people who use their outposts.

This could lead to altering fuel drops to stop players from needing to blow up convoys just to get fuel and simply provide locations that could also function as trade hubs between players.

All I'm asking is to add some depth and interaction to the environment, I don't expect to have mining lasers and shoot asteroids to gather materials, but I do expect to see the effects of corporations owning territory and having influences like whether they support criminal activities or enforce police patrols; affecting whether the sector encourages PVP or PVE by making it safer or not.

My biggest wish though is to actually have planets that you can go onto, well not literally land on it, but having like maps that get you pretty close to the planet surface, it could make specific sectors of space with planets linked to them worth more in ways. Imagine corporations owning the only door to certain planets that have certain trade goods and such. I imagine choices like smuggling your way past corporate space borders or other activities that influence being a space pirate or otherwise.

Anyways, I wish the best for this game, it's pretty neat to play it long ago and it was only multiplayer pvp, to now see it has pve and open space.

elevator-head-640x353.jpg

station.jpg

• Upvote 2

Supposedly big content expansion for the game is coming september, open space should be one of the areas for that expansion, lets see what it will bring first ))

Kost there are next to NOTHING for OS in the autumn update. Cinn said this enough times. Await winter/next year big patch for OS introductions.

3 minutes ago, Lord_Xenon said:

Kost there are next to NOTHING for OS in the autumn update. Cinn said this enough times. Await winter/next year big patch for OS introductions.

Pics or did not happen

For the matter of trade you must read this post.

There is not fueling stations because they are not needed. Fuel is everywhere :007_2: At least 2 infinite fuel points in every sector. It makes me wonder where they come from, but... well those are for free.

Bounties for killing some players could be nice, but the amount of PVP sectors in OS is scarce. It would be hard to kill a specific player. Maybe if the bounties were given because you kill any player with something in common. For example. Kill a player with Karma -3 or below.

Actually I want a system in place where you can deliver goods to various stations, like buying stuff specifically meant to be sold at another station requiring pilgrimages to make money based on the distance, what you carried, and how much you carried.

This will be simply boring. Even transport suicide missions are better. 

Rentago, have you used cargo drones yet? I think is better if your read this guide. Yes the whole guide.

You could probably expand upon those kind of things to make it so outposts can be owned and upgraded by corporations who claimed the location and do things like charge taxes on people who use their outposts.

Probably this is related to the "conversation" between Lord_Xenon and xKosyan. There is something better for OS in the future, but players didn't know anything for sure yet.

8 hours ago, xKostyan said:

Let's see how much of "next to NOTHING" is making into autumn patch...

i have hopes :p

1 hour ago, millanbel said:

OS needs more pvp tbh to properly come alive. Not more pve

and better (and cheaper) respawn mechanics...so players can battle as long as they wish without caring on their budget

12 hours ago, xKostyan said:

Let's see how much of "next to NOTHING" is making into autumn patch...

Hopefully they prove my thinking is wrong.

55 minutes ago, Papitas said:

and better (and cheaper) respawn mechanics...so players can battle as long as they wish without caring on their budget

Insurance? :007_2: Some wreck repairers? o_O

I'm pretty sure they will add some new stuff in os for this September at least some new mission, I hope..

11 hours ago, Lord_Xenon said:

Insurance? :007_2: Some wreck repairers? o_O

A cost in credits for supply and repair like the ones at PVP and PVE, not a duplicator that is way more expensive per each respawn. Dangerous locations could have "respawn support" for PVP kills/asissts victims, turning an OS sector into a PVP one.

On 21.8.2016 at 9:55 PM, Papitas said:

A cost in credits for supply and repair like the ones at PVP and PVE, not a duplicator that is way more expensive per each respawn. Dangerous locations could have "respawn support" for PVP kills/asissts victims, turning an OS sector into a PVP one.

Call for repair/support?

But only in PvP sector ones?

5 hours ago, Lord_Xenon said:

Call for repair/support?

But only in PvP sector ones?

Something like PVP respawn. After you die you have a respawn timer and then you got launched into a respawn area of the map (it would make sense to make it a wide area, or the borders of the maps to prevent camping or "players spawning into the enemy team"). Perhaps you could interact with bases on nearby sectors (and/or the sector itself) to activate this feature (paying credits proportional to the ship, ammo and times you die). It could work for any kind of death or perhaps only being a "contract" to respawn only after getting killed or assisted by another player. In this last case deaths caused completely by NPCs would require to use a duplicator to respawn.

OS, the current one, was made first as an addition to the PvP core of the game and was given several new features since that. And it will be developed further as well with new mission, new possibilities and other things. But now we're working on new OS version, it's completely different gameplay, purposes and even visuals. I can not say too much about it for now, but it'll probably not replace current OS version and may be separate gamemode. And I'm not sure that we will be able to release it this year, there a lot of work there ;)

4 hours ago, CinnamonFake said:

OS, the current one, was made first as an addition to the PvP core of the game and was given several new features since that. And it will be developed further as well with new mission, new possibilities and other things. But now we're working on new OS version, it's completely different gameplay, purposes and even visuals. I can not say too much about it for now, but it'll probably not replace current OS version and may be separate gamemode. And I'm not sure that we will be able to release it this year, there a lot of work there ;)

Will there be a few of my suggestions be implemented in OS?

1 hour ago, Lord_Xenon said:

Will there be a few of my suggestions be implemented in OS?

Some of them may be) We have some things in common in our concepts.