xKostyan

comprehensive guide to Destroyers

not gonna withstand a Mexican stand off of raw tanking, 

As a born and raised mexican, I'm terribly offended. *cries* 

Haha nah, Aight. I'm kidding.

On a serious note, this dilemma's been bothering me for quite a while now. 

I've got it narrowed down to Procyon or Archon.

Clearly discarded the Invincible because it's pretty broken and I'm not talking about the benefical type of broken. 

In a "mexican stand-off" haha.

Who'd be more likely to win a 1v1 - the Archon or the Procyon? (If we're talking about average lads facing each other)

After using the pyro, I encountered that it does damage in its wind up phase. Have other seen this too?

Tried it against some targets and they flee before the emitter fully relaese the death ray...

Is it only me, or does Destroyer feel like crippled DDs??? Tried it in OS and I must say that it's anything but useful there. Small clusters of enemies take longer and are a higher thread as with other ships... The only module, which is half decent, is the tempest launcher.

Do I suck so hard, or our superduperomg destroyer are only flying bricks to support other durable ships? ...

Pyro deals initial dmg indeed, but its very low compared to the charged phase.

I tried my invincible at OS (the furthest i could go) and it was pretty powerfull, auto turrets do a great job btw, however you have to kill fast or you will start taking dmg you cant repair (unless you jump). For aliens like hunters and predators you have to be carefull, but they are definately a threat you can effectively deal with. Try to positionate well, aim your guns properly, make sure you have the right "F" module active and only activate the modules when you have to (if you are going to fire tempest, plan your flying path first in order to hit most missiles)....and save energy for static shields, they are pretty handy.

Also, (don't tell the devs,) the puro beam screws up OS bot AI and makes them continue to travel in whichever direction they are currently traveling in. It's kinda funny to shoot one in the middle of a giant horde of enemies and watch them scatter like ants.

@papitas: Is your forum-nick your ingame-nick? Can I add you and try to fly with you to see how you handle said enemies?

@Fox: Maybe there lies the problem. I focus on those, that either coming to me or flying in mid-range to me. After starting the pyro, they disperse fast and so I only deal minor damage to them...(as they start to fly towards me)

@papitas: Is your forum-nick your ingame-nick? Can I add you and try to fly with you to see how you handle said enemies?

Yes it is: "Papitas" (without quotes). Add me and ill show you.

First off If I haven't said it yet,  Amazing guide.

Can you explain the additional damage that is done when an engine, Special module (F) or active module is destroyed from the ship.  Is there a large alpha damage against that ship ?  Is there a visual indicator when one is destroyed ?

First off If I haven't said it yet, Amazing guide.

Can you explain the additional damage that is done when an engine, Special module (F) or active module is destroyed from the ship. Is there a large alpha damage against that ship ? Is there a visual indicator when one is destroyed ?

The damage is different for each turret, but each turret will always only do that amount of damage. It is white damage so there is no lessening it, it is also done straight to your hull, and not your shield volume of any is left.

The visual indicators are:

1) the massive damage that you take

2) the module no longer works and is blacked out

3) the module turret on your ship explodes and all that is left is a sparking burnt spot.

The damage is different for each turret, but each turret will always only do that amount of damage. It is white damage so there is no lessening it, it is also done straight to your hull, and not your shield volume of any is left.

The visual indicators are:

1) the massive damage that you take

2) the module no longer works and is blacked out

3) the module turret on your ship explodes and all that is left is a sparking burnt spot.

I mean visual indicators from the opposition's perspective ?  (i think your answer still applies "it explodes and all that is left is a sparking burnt spot")

But what about engines or the "F"ing module ?

Where do you find the received damage from each active module ?  Its the quantity of damage im curious about.

EDIT - think I found it 5K to 6K damage  

I mean visual indicators from the opposition's perspective ? (i think your answer still applies "it explodes and all that is left is a sparking burnt spot")

Where do you find the received damage from each active module ? Its the quantity of damage im curious about.

https://youtu.be/S7oyZlQEJ4Q?t=91

The engines will be a continuous flame, much like the animation from before destroyers when your hull was hit by a laser. The F'ing module will be the same as the active modules.

The damage from each part being killed is as follows:

Pyro Emitter: 5000

Tempest Launcher: 6000

Plasma Turret: 5000

Multiphase Shield: 10000

Capacitor: 8000

Engines: 10000

Blaster Turret: 5000

Wormhole Projector: 6000

I mean visual indicators from the opposition's perspective ?  (i think your answer still applies "it explodes and all that is left is a sparking burnt spot")

Where do you find the received damage from each active module ?  Its the quantity of damage im curious about.

added IX. Mechanics of destructible active modules. into general section 

Description and Video

Yes now the whole match knows when player x killed Archon capacitor :-)

You need to add that all turrets that do damage can crit. I'm pretty sure the rate is about 80%-180% because one tempest launcher that I hit with did well over 12k damage.

Also, I have tested and found out the exact numbers for the turret destruction damage. They are found in a previous post of mine.

I can tell you now that anyone with a multiphase shield is a big target because of the 10k White damage it does when destroyed. Xp

You still haven't updated the damage values for modules yet.

- Updated Active modules for r11 values

- Added new active modules

- Added synergy r4 bonuses for r11 destroyers

- Added Brave's Empire r11 Destroyer overview

- Added Antares's Federation r11 Destroyer overview

- Added Sibyl's Jericho r11 Destroyer overview

- Some small text fixes

• Upvote 1

Hey nice guide.

For r11 - Reinforced internal structures - 2 and 6 000 000 credits. Its 7 000 000 credits.

Also check for Sibyl : Manufacturing price : Destroyer internal structures - 2  and 3 000 000 credits

I'm pretty sure that pyro still doesn't damage structures, but I haven't tested it today yet.

Also, here are the damage values for each of the R8 modules and ship parts:

Pyro: 5000

Tempest: 6000

Plasma: 5000

Shield: 10000

Capactor: 8000

Engines: 10000

Blaster: 5000

Wormhole: 6000

- Updated stats on gravy lens to 1.3.3.3

- Added 2 builds to Brave

- Added videos of Brave gameplay

these guides are amazing.

X. NO SELF HEALING modules

Ha. 

Aside from that phrase being an accurate description of the lack of active regen modules, its unsaid meaning is the opposite of what section 10 actually says to a certain degree.

It's a great guide, btw. :)

Thanks for pointing a tip of the hat towards Regeneration users, in any case.

• Upvote 4