Special Ops: Defiler and Destroyer - Wing assembly

JC, please don't take me wrong. That is actually a problem with the specops from the beginning. People DON'T want to play surefire methods. They don't want to play a method that has been verified. They want to play what they think is right. Today T4 Destroyer was the stellar example of that. I gave Koro ship setup of what we actually did to break a record on the Destroyer. Method was developed to have maximum success rate, minimal loses and all outpost intact. He happily ignored that and started to ask for another covops. We lost an outpost, game was too long, many people died in this as result.

The defiler was very similar case - you did 5 mill damage, one of the other LRFs with HB did a million. That person stayed at maximum range and did less than 20% of yours. As they changed the map, three biomorphs are spawning immediately when portal spawns, sometimes there is no time to kill all three of them. Usual case is that one of the LRFs has cruise missile, which can be targeted at the surviving biomorphs and launched without breaking a pace of dps-ing the Defiler. Another solution is that main group command intercepts remaining bios and finishes the job without bothering the LRFs. Sometimes main group engie can chime in and finish those survivors, but it cannot be diverted from healing the main group. As for going for the record there is a strict composition that guarantees best time, for normal loot run gunships are allowed and that is not a problem. Same story with MI LRF group - it's quite handy to have that 2 LRFs RTing for the MI, while rest should just stay at the Defiler and help with desintegrators. Gunships and command running for MI are not a problem in pure loot run. Problem is as always - awareness, positioning, spatial thinking. Main group engie flying to portals? Gunships flying to portals? Portal command flying to the wrong portal because it was closer and he was in wrong place to begin with?  Portal engie without proper setup and armament AND duplicators? That are the problems we have to overcome. 

• Upvote 1

• Replies 236
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

It isn't on our priority list, but we will think about it.

Koro I suggest that next time, we should have the portal group destroy and delay Biomorphs/Hunters to buy the main group time to destroy the defiler. The reason why I and a a few others died was becau

Name: OmegaFighter I'm always ready to kick some aliens around! Roles: Gunship, Recon, LRF and if totally necessary even Engineer. (This for Spec Ops) Avaible at: ~14:00 to 21:00 at GMT+1

Posted Images

Problem is as always - awareness, positioning, spatial thinking. Main group engie flying to portals? Gunships flying to portals? Portal command flying to the wrong portal because it was closer and he was in wrong place to begin with?  Portal engie without proper setup and armament AND duplicators? That are the problems we have to overcome. 

The list is not complete and exactly what i mean, in an ideal world yes all of this. However these plans an ideas do not mix with this attitude.

What is duplicators?

Might be a shpecial but not a unique case in spec ops wing formation.

Just trying to limit the ways it can be messed up by the individual, willingly or not.

Any attempt to improve wont work anyway. Its been that way from the start.

Phaser used to be the answer to DPS - People would still bring bubble gunships.

Cruise always a staple of fighters in this arena - Some dont bring it.

Em resist - Galv builds still around cause its armour.... Derp.

'I dont have any dupes' :fed014:

Or those that dont seem to know how to squeeze DPS out of a ship, including how to fire a torp at the thing.

List goes on and on im happy to do it just just for loots now, its a capable group and at least it is being finished now. An idea is there if it wants to be tried. Record times, extra loot spots and titles would be nice but people who are good at this usually have thier title an no real need of the rest and those who want will just have to do without or ask if they are unsure of thier role/build ect.

Nice destroyer mission yesterday my 1st time trying with a coil lrf those emitters dont stand a chance :004j:

That kind of nonesense can only be done cause of the teams other efforts :012j:

What is hitting destroyer torps with coils?

Niri, i went to fire support T3 with beam cannon and atempted to solely hit turrets, i dealt 1,5% dmg after i destroyed about 4-5 turrets. You are right, dmg from emitters/turrets destroyed doesnt show at combat log.

Tillowaty, you're not even close with your signature and my is over 10 days old already.

I'll make sure that all your resources and currencies disappear.

In return, you get a hunter just to make Fox jelly.

please stick to the topic guys. Any thoughts how to improve the situation?

We already know the ideal composition - DESU's strategy. The problem here is, as we have discussed before, developing trust in the commander and basic teamplay strategies. Those are much harder to train and require a lot more practice than the random 1-2 SpecOps we do every day.

Why would I need one, if loyalty voucher cap is at 1M? It's a waste of GS! 3 more monos per day? I rather grind more and longer!

You forgot to add the amount of resources you have to your signature btw, fix that please.

Signature accepts gifs, you know... you can add as many frames as you want into a sequence...

No need to show off. You might get even more jealous. It's all legit.

Let's stick to the subject at hand, which is a good and decisive strategy.

We already know it for the Defiler, but what about the Destroyer?

By the way, I will let you know, when I have more time for scheduled Spec Ops matches in tier V.

Who is interested in Defiler/Destroyer reboot in 2016?

I mean, restart of scheduled T5 matches.

You will be added in my priority - friend/follow list, just to ensure quick assembly of the wing.

Write + Only and your preferred role/ship you want, or you're able to use.

WING LIST STATUS: COMPLETE

RESERVE LIST STATUS: COMPLETE

SPECIAL OPS MISSION: DESTROYER

SPECIAL OPS DIFFICULTY: TIER IV/V

PLANNED DATE: 5TH JANUARY 2016

PLANNED TIME: 8:00 PM (GMT+1)

END-MISSION RESULT :

REASON: