Special Ops: Defiler and Destroyer - Wing assembly

I plan to schedule more matches today! The Galaxy Guardian achievement should be our goal.

The time is not exact yet, so I way just do it, based on the amount of listed people online.

Otherwise we start at 4pm or 8pm (GMT+1)!

• Replies 236
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

It isn't on our priority list, but we will think about it.

Koro I suggest that next time, we should have the portal group destroy and delay Biomorphs/Hunters to buy the main group time to destroy the defiler. The reason why I and a a few others died was becau

Name: OmegaFighter I'm always ready to kick some aliens around! Roles: Gunship, Recon, LRF and if totally necessary even Engineer. (This for Spec Ops) Avaible at: ~14:00 to 21:00 at GMT+1

Posted Images

Quick calc reveals the max damage to defiler does ELRF with COIL MORTAR. If positioned properly it does 500k-700k dmg to hull every 20 seconds (yes, thats 25k-35k PER SECOND). 

Spark with Ions (crit build, not short ions) avg dps = 4535, so dmg to hull is just 11400-17400 per second. Almost exactly half the damage of LRF. 

Spark with bubbles and supercooled charges (better than supernova) - avg dps 5031, dmg to the defiler hull 14600-19600 per second.

All calculations were done with shared cooled spark, staying in 2.5k range from the emitters and hitting emitters with every single shot, not letting weapons to overheat. Same with LRF - shared cooled crit build Black Dragon, hitting 2 emitters with every single shot staying with range up to 3.6 km.

Regarding aliens. 3 biomorphs are spawning at every portal spawn and there is not much to do about it. HP of aliens are changed from the time beforementioned guide was written and now it is impossible to kill all of them with single doomsday. That's where command from the main group is coming to play - equipped with doomsdays it can finish the job. Also - as Coil Mortar elrf is doing already a tons of damage it can swap EM torps for cruise missiles. Portals are spawning, retarget, shoot the missile without even breaking shooting the defiler with main weapon. 

Quick calc reveals the max damage to defiler does ELRF with COIL MORTAR. If positioned properly it does 500k-700k dmg to hull every 20 seconds (yes, thats 25k-35k PER SECOND). 

Spark with Ions (crit build, not short ions) avg dps = 4535, so dmg to hull is just 11400-17400 per second. Almost exactly half the damage of LRF. 

Spark with bubbles and supercooled charges (better than supernova) - avg dps 5031, dmg to the defiler hull 14600-19600 per second.

All calculations were done with shared cooled spark, staying in 2.5k range from the emitters and hitting emitters with every single shot, not letting weapons to overheat. Same with LRF - shared cooled crit build Black Dragon, hitting 2 emitters with every single shot staying with range up to 3.6 km.

Regarding aliens. 3 biomorphs are spawning at every portal spawn and there is not much to do about it. HP of aliens are changed from the time beforementioned guide was written and now it is impossible to kill all of them with single doomsday. That's where command from the main group is coming to play - equipped with doomsdays it can finish the job. Also - as Coil Mortar elrf is doing already a tons of damage it can swap EM torps for cruise missiles. Portals are spawning, retarget, shoot the missile without even breaking shooting the defiler with main weapon. 

Re-make calculations with me using LRF with HB :) (small tip: HB DPS is a mid calculation between min and max RoF (about 70%), so if you consider max RoF the DPS is much higher).

BTW, HB LRFs should never hit emitters with main weapon, only with torps; its a waste of dmg that other ships are in charge to do: coil LRFs and bubble gunships.

• Upvote 1

Re-make calculations with me using LRF with HB :) (small tip: HB DPS is a mid calculation between min and max RoF (about 70%), so if you consider max RoF the DPS is much higher).

BTW, HB LRFs should never hit emitters with main weapon, only with torps; its a waste of dmg that other ships are in charge to do: coil LRFs and bubble gunships.

Niripas will barge in here. xD

I don't have Kraken, but for Black Dragon with max crit build (62% chance, 103% dmg) it's sustained 10200 dps (spinup included) to whatever target at 2600m. It needs 4 EM torps to destroy Emitters, so it's not the best ship to do the job (or 3 torps + remaining 16k damage by HB) so 20 sec burst with 3 EM torps would be 600-800k, but then comes 96 secs cooldown on torps. I have no idea how often can you hit emitter with fully spinned up HB so cannot calculate effective dmg to the hull using HB only (if you don't hit emitters at all it's just 204000 dmg to the hull in before you overheat ;)). 

Hitting emitters is crucial in both missions -  emitters have 75000 HP and exploding they are doing 200k or 300k dmg to the hull. I still need to figure out the destroyer, but for the defiler it looks like the most effective way is to go with 2 commands, 2 engies, 1 recon, 2 HB LRFS with RT, 5 LRFs with coils. 

EDIT: optimal range correction

I don't have Kraken, but for Black Dragon with max crit build (62% chance, 103% dmg) it's sustained 10200 dps (spinup included) to whatever target at 2400m. It needs 4 EM torps to destroy Emitters, so it's not the best ship to do the job (or 3 torps + remaining 16k damage by HB) so 20 sec burst with 3 EM torps would be 600-800k, but then comes 96 secs cooldown on torps. I have no idea how often can you hit emitter with fully spinned up HB so cannot calculate effective dmg to the hull using HB only (if you don't hit emitters at all it's just 204000 dmg to the hull in before you overheat ;)). 

Hitting emitters is crucial in both missions -  emitters have 75000 HP and exploding they are doing 200k or 300k dmg to the hull. I still need to figure out the destroyer, but for the defiler it looks like the most effective way is to go with 2 commands, 2 engies, 1 recon, 2 HB LRFS with RT, 5 LRFs with coils. 

Thats why you have some LRFs with coils. Coils deal with the emitters, HB offer max DPS over the defiler (after emitters are down, HB has superior dps than coils), besides HB works much better against MI.

My kraken deals 10k dps with 5km range (including crit chance/dmg), seems you did not took that into account, considering you are using curved reflector.

Thats why you have some LRFs with coils. Coils deal with the emitters, HB offer max DPS over the defiler (after emitters are down, HB has superior dps than coils), besides HB works much better against MI.

My kraken deals 10k dps with 5km range (including crit chance/dmg), seems you did not took that into account, considering you are using curved reflector.

I did. hence you have 10200 dps with max crit build (max range is over 4k). But as it was mentioned it's only to 66% of range - so that's why the number of 2600m  was used. If you switch to increased range - sustained dps falls down to 9600, but optimal range is now 3200m (max 4800m).  Coils are doing sustained damage of 5k, but as it was mentioned before - they are damaging 2 emitters and the hull at the same time. so looks like optimal wood be 3HB + 4Coils or so, where coils are located on both sides of defiler, 1 to the right, 1 to the left, 2 a little down at the back and HB just staying at optimal range shooting the hull around emitters on the left side with command trying to boost damage of max number of players.

Please someone correct me if I'm wrong. 

Yo, show me your build for your Black Dragon. I think I've built mine close to what you have from my imagination, but I need some stuff to confirm.

I did. hence you have 10200 dps with max crit build (max range is over 4k). But as it was mentioned it's only to 66% of range - so that's why the number of 2600m  was used. If you switch to increased range - sustained dps falls down to 9600, but optimal range is now 3200m (max 4800m).  Coils are doing sustained damage of 5k, but as it was mentioned before - they are damaging 2 emitters and the hull at the same time. so looks like optimal wood be 3HB + 4Coils or so, where coils are located on both sides of defiler, 1 to the right, 1 to the left, 2 a little down at the back and HB just staying at optimal range shooting the hull around emitters on the left side with command trying to boost damage of max number of players.

Please someone correct me if I'm wrong. 

Ive constantly monitored my dmg per shot on every game. Max i can get is 4k at 4km range (from 5km max range) and below 50% speed, im 100% sure (ive tried this at 1600m with MI). I'll try not using horizon, so i guess ill have to be near 3200m for optimum dmg.

My build: (Tier V Special Operation - Defiler)

Aura (Empire - rank 14 Command ship/Main Group)

k4umnc.png

121ekb4.png

Note:

Do not forget a Military CPU Booster!

Optional:

You can also take a Mark 4 Regenerative Coating instead of Armor-Plated Hull!

Important:

Emergency Barrier is strongly recommended!

Inverter group Quacken

That is almost exactly the build i used for the Defiler yesterday, 24% of damage.

I would say that there is no real need for RT or horizon.

Matter inverters can be sniped so im gonna replace Reverse Thrust with weapon overcharge and horizon with TTCP.

Should give even more damge to the defiler.

On another note some would comment on the lack of emergency barrier, however because of blaster range u get loads of time to move and hit flares, its a lot less dangerous than the attempts to 'bubble' it.

As part of main group i think should have 7 ships like this backed up with Command and engy. MI spawns immediatly gets hit by 7 weapon overcharge disintegrators. I doubt it would last for 2/3 hits so active for 6-9 secs. That considerably faster than running around with gunships or trying to repostition before and after RT.

I would think that is the most efficient and easily coordinated way to do this, instead of having ppl running back and forth and intermittent command boosts available for actually hitting the defiler. Nevermind the coils too those emitters are going down under that much DPS.

Also frees up the command and engy to take part in constantly hitting the defiler, command no longer needs cruise can have weapon cooler.

Just stick within your main weapon range an snipe the rest. The map is fairly open so as long as u know where inverters will spawn its not a problem. That and they sooo easy to hit... FAT!

Edited by JCNB

MI spawns exactly 12k from Defiler. There is a centre of Defiler's path and MI is spawning exactly opposite to the Defiler. If LRF is about 2-3k from Defiler, then yes - MI should be in the range of Desintegrator. However - Desintegrator does less half the damage of HB in optimal range. And one more thing - 24% of the damage dealt by the whole group directly to the hull.

I am trying to get the numbers from the logs right, but they don't want to cooperate. As for now it looks like:

- we exploded 110 emitters, dealing 8 250 000 dmg to them

• 45 of them exploded dealing 200000dmg to the hull each (9 000 000 total)
  • 55 of them exploded dealing 300000dmg to the hull each (16 500 000 total)

Summary - exploding emitters did 25 500 000 dmg to the hull

Players did 20 000 000 dmg to the hull directly of which JC did 5 580 000. Defiler exploded receiving roughly 45 500 000 dmg to the hull. 

I don't want to do dmg analysis of damage of HB to the emitters, but on JCs example as the best HB LRF in that game - he damaged 55 emitters, half of the time solely with torpedoes. Best gunship did 2 800 000 dmg, with another over half of it to emitters.

now, to MIs: they have 550 000 HP, Desintegrators are doing  up to 13 820 per shot. You need 40 shots from desintegrator. 5 LRFs, 8 shots each - 29 seconds. Weapon overcharge is almost useless in this case, as it will generate extra 4.5k dmg for one shot.

We were killing MIs between 8 and 15 seconds, however to get in range was taking from 4 (lrfs) to about 15 seconds (gunships). 

Ok, I'm too tired now. Will continue if there is a need for that.

MI spawns exactly 12k from Defiler. There is a centre of Defiler's path and MI is spawning exactly opposite to the Defiler. If LRF is about 2-3k from Defiler, then yes - MI should be in the range of Desintegrator. However - Desintegrator does less half the damage of HB in optimal range. And one more thing - 24% of the damage dealt by the whole group directly to the hull.

I am trying to get the numbers from the logs right, but they don't want to cooperate. As for now it looks like:

- we exploded 110 emitters, dealing 8 250 000 dmg to them

• 45 of them exploded dealing 200000dmg to the hull each (9 000 000 total)
  • 55 of them exploded dealing 300000dmg to the hull each (16 500 000 total)

Summary - exploding emitters did 25 500 000 dmg to the hull

Players did 20 000 000 dmg to the hull directly of which JC did 5 580 000. Defiler exploded receiving roughly 45 500 000 dmg to the hull. 

I don't want to do dmg analysis of damage of HB to the emitters, but on JCs example as the best HB LRF in that game - he damaged 55 emitters, half of the time solely with torpedoes. Best gunship did 2 800 000 dmg, with another over half of it to emitters.

now, to MIs: they have 550 000 HP, Desintegrators are doing  up to 13 820 per shot. You need 40 shots from desintegrator. 5 LRFs, 8 shots each - 29 seconds. Weapon overcharge is almost useless in this case, as it will generate extra 4.5k dmg for one shot.

We were killing MIs between 8 and 15 seconds, however to get in range was taking from 4 (lrfs) to about 15 seconds (gunships). 

Ok, I'm too tired now. Will continue if there is a need for that.

Niri is right about desintegrator, its DPS is not nearly close to be enough. About the dmg displayed in the combat log after killing the defiler, i *believe* it considers explotion dmg from turrets (judging from logs in crimzon haze, where a player that shoots 1/2 EM torps and kills 4 turrets gains by far most dmg, considering that other players did a lot more to the station itself). Im not 100% sure, so ill try to test it with the cruiser (guys shooting only the turrets without AOE and guys shooting only the cruiser without AOE).

Numbers can be thrown around all day from the logs but they dont really represent what is happening in the game this much is clear.

Of course emitter destruction is important never said it wasnt.

Get a spare moment and hit the inverter with a disintegrator it does not seem to be a tiny 2.5% of damage it takes, it is significantly more.

It could be attempted, if it fails then it would be apparent pretty early on. Or carry on as usual an put build up for ppl who not reading them or already know them.

Point being most inv to the wing know what they doing but for the others to fill the gaps it could be an easy fix. I just see too many ppl missing out on thier title or 3rd loot spot cause some love to do it in a gunship an go pop at random moments.

Anyhow do or do not, was a good run that day that is all.