Special Ops: Defiler and Destroyer - Wing assembly

Koro I suggest that next time, we should have the portal group destroy and delay Biomorphs/Hunters to buy the main group time to destroy the defiler. The reason why I and a a few others died was because of biomorphs and hunters locked on to us.

Obviously speaking, the main group, upon seeing the defiler initiate warp, should pour everything they have into taking it down.

I still don't understand WHY are we not doing the obvious and verified method. You need 2 engies - Naga for Main group and Octo for portal. You need an Aura with speed and dmg buff for portal. You need Viking for portals. You need LRFs for MIs - there is a time window to RT in the range of MI, turn around and MI is in 5-6km range. 2 LRFs are crucial to take it down, command is helpful to do so. Main group is  staying in ONE group just to the back and below of the defiler. One LRF should  have portals in the range of desintegrator, so can help if bios are spawned and can take cruise/doomsdays to help. Works everytime. It just needs some practice.

• Replies 236
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

It isn't on our priority list, but we will think about it.

Koro I suggest that next time, we should have the portal group destroy and delay Biomorphs/Hunters to buy the main group time to destroy the defiler. The reason why I and a a few others died was becau

Name: OmegaFighter I'm always ready to kick some aliens around! Roles: Gunship, Recon, LRF and if totally necessary even Engineer. (This for Spec Ops) Avaible at: ~14:00 to 21:00 at GMT+1

Posted Images

I still don't understand WHY are we not doing the obvious and verified method. You need 2 engies - Naga for Main group and Octo for portal. You need an Aura with speed and dmg buff for portal. You need Viking for portals. You need LRFs for MIs - there is a time window to RT in the range of MI, turn around and MI is in 5-6km range. 2 LRFs are crucial to take it down, command is helpful to do so. Main group is  staying in ONE group just to the back and below of the defiler. One LRF should  have portals in the range of desintegrator, so can help if bios are spawned and can take cruise/doomsdays to help. Works everytime. It just needs some practice.

I think we should have more LRFs with HB and less gunships; looking at latest stats ive finished dealing almost double dmg than other ships (except for the other LRF), this considers dmg dealt by emitter destruction. RT is very reliable for MI when you know how to do it (i use 2D minimap and in most ocations i end up facing the MI when it spawns), also charging the HB a few secs after jumping helps a lot to take out the MI (with 1 shared cooler you dont overheat before MI gets destroyed).

I dunno either, to be honest. Run this idea next time, so that there is less confusion when we start off.

In 1 hour, I managed to put this together. It should be 100% accurate!

Defiler:

- based on timer, when Defiler's shield will always go up (Portal message will be shown), then another 15 seconds for the Matter Inverter to spawn

- based on hull percentage, when Defiler's shield will NOT GO up and an immediate Matter Inverter will spawn

Matter Inverter appears 15 seconds later, after Alien Portal message is shown!
Matter Inverter always spawns 12000 meters from Defiler's left, on his opposite side!
Matter Inverter weapon arming activation time is 15 seconds!

If we are within the same time and hull percentage periods, it's possible that 2 Matter Inverters will spawn simultaneously instead!

TIMER/HULL %                DEFILER
Example:

100%       - full health on Defiler
90%         - based on hull % (-15 second delay) = Matter Inverter
25:00      - based on timer  (-15 second delay) = Matter Inverter
70%         - based on hull % (immediate Matter Inverter - no Defiler's shield - Defiler vulnerable)
23:00      - based on timer  (-15 second delay) = Matter Inverter
21:00      - based on timer  (-15 second delay) = Matter inverter
50%        - based on timer  (immediate Matter Inverter - no Defiler's shield - Defiler vulnerable)
19:00     - based on timer  (-15 second delay) = Matter Inverter
17:00     - based on timer  (-15 second delay) = Matter Inverter
30%        - based on hull % (immediate Matter Inverter - no Defiler's shield - Defiler vulnerable)
15:00      - based on timer  (-15 second delay) = Matter Inverter
13:00      - based on timer  (-15 second delay) = Matter Inverter
15%        - Defiler tries to escape through the rift! (FOCUS ON THE MAIN TARGET ONLY)
0%          - Defiler dies!

Timer is only the example here. It all depends, when the Defiler gets at 90% hull integrity.

- 2 minute intervals, with 15 second delay for the Matter Inverter is evident from the information

- at 70% hull, another Matter Inverter will spawn instantly and Defiler's shields will be down

- at 50% hull, another Matter Inverter will spawn instantly and Defiler's shields will be down

- at 30% hull, another Matter Inverter will spawn instantly and Defiler's shields will be down

Preferred setup for Defiler Spec Ops!

12 tier V ships:

2 LRF - Heavy Blaster weapon /for the MAIN GROUP

2 LRF - Mortar Coil weapon /for the MAIN GROUP

1 Recon - Pulse Laser or Shrapnel /for the PORTAL GROUP

2 Commands - Singularity /1 for the MAIN GROUP /1 for the PORTAL GROUP

2 Healers - Eclipse Launcher or Heavy Blaster /1 for the MAIN GROUP/ 1 for the PORTAL GROUP

3 Gunships or 3 LRF - Singularity or Heavy Blaster /for the MAIN GROUP

Do not forget, tomorrow at Sunday we will try to get Galaxy Guardian achievement.

Time is not yet determined, but otherwise it will be at 9:00 pm (GMT+1).

It may also be sooner. I will let you know here or in global chat.

WING LIST STATUS: COMPLETE

RESERVE LIST STATUS: COMPLETE

SPECIAL OPS MISSION: DEFILER/DESTROYER

SPECIAL OPS DIFFICULTY: TIER V

PLANNED DATE: 20TH OF DECEMBER

PLANNED TIME: 4:00pm-6:00pm (GMT+1) - Defiler, 6:00pm-8:00pm (GMT+1) - Destroyer

END-MISSION RESULT :

REASON:

Come to TS3 address 10 minutes before the start. Check page 1 for more info!

Can we also do a Destroyer wing this Tuesday please Koromac. I'd like to try the setup I showed you.

I will fly second Command as usual for all 3 instances

Sword. Mk5 Singularity, Mk5 Valkyrie setup as usual. I'll be on at 7pm.

On a side note, I intend on doing Special Ops 10-12 on Tuesday and successfully saving all outposts. If you are interested let me know what you can bring.

Ok. Simple guide. I have enough of failures because someone did forget something or he was thinking something.

1st. Duplicators. No duplicators - GTFO.

2nd. TS - no TS, GTFO

Defiler - standard configuration

MAX EM survivability, EB on every single ship. If we get below 17 minutes, then EB can be optional, but not now.

Portal group: 3 ships :

• Command (aura pref) with speed boost,dmg boost, ions and flares. Doomsdays. 
  • Empire recon doomsdays, flares
  • Fed Engie hull aura, hull egg, shield aura, flares. drones, doomsdays.

Main group:

• Naga as an engie 
  • 2 auras with dmg/speed boost, one with hull res second one with shield res
  • 2 ELRFs: RT, Flares, EM scatter doesnt work, max dmg, at least 2 of them with 5k range and HB
  • rest: ELRFs: COIL MORTARS. simple as that. 

What to do: portal group - closing portals

Main group - max dmg. it should be centered around engie, but best position for shooting is a little behind and below. concentrate on emitters.

When MI spawn: at least 2 ELRFs RT ing  to them, if done properly MIs are 5k from them. Send some torps as well. If any ELRF cannot get there fast, use desintegrator. 

EASY.

Edit: I did the math. gunships are useless. 

Papitas: main Kraken, aura (main or portal).

If i had a nice rig i would record myself using the LRF for instructive reasons. Koromac, you could upload the pics adding the build options (J1 (1C) with 2 EM and armor plated/extended hull. E10 (10A)), placing the link for the guide here.

Main Gunship (Spark), Main Command (Aura). Both with either Ions or Singularity. I can survive in my Sword as you have already witnessed a couple of times, but I am working on these ships for Defiler.

I think, the biggest issue beyond ships is that you have too many slow ships that are not doing enough damage per second, but to make things worse, these ships are also moving back and forth from between the objective and the inverters. What needs to be clear is this. Peripheral aliens needs to be the duty of 6 personnel specifically allocated to the task. 3 players in your portal group and 3 players in Sparks in your inverter group should be tasked with pest control while you have 5 gunships and a command dealing maximum damage to the Defiler.

3 Sparks armed with short range crit-build Ion Emitters, Doomsdays and combat reboot can not only survive, but also destroy the inverters quicker than most other ships on the battlefield. If you really want to have your main group able to provide extra damage, have the assigned Command allocated a Gravi-Scanner and Valkyrie system, your 5 Sparks from that group all crit-built and using Engine Overcharge and then sync overdrives with the Valkyrie system. A single player needs to be coordinating this, preferably Koromac as he would usually play the Command role.

Hope this makes sense. Quick edit... I just realised I only accounted for 1 engineer. Switch an Inverter group Spark for a Naga, I say. 2 Sparks and a Naga should do it.

Main Gunship (Spark), Main Command (Aura). Both with either Ions or Singularity. I can survive in my Sword as you have already witnessed a couple of times, but I am working on these ships for Defiler.

I think, the biggest issue beyond ships is that you have too many slow ships that are not doing enough damage per second, but to make things worse, these ships are also moving back and forth from between the objective and the inverters. What needs to be clear is this. Peripheral aliens needs to be the duty of 6 personnel specifically allocated to the task. 3 players in your portal group and 3 players in Sparks in your inverter group should be tasked with pest control while you have 5 gunships and a command dealing maximum damage to the Defiler.

3 Sparks armed with short range crit-build Ion Emitters, Doomsdays and combat reboot can not only survive, but also destroy the inverters quicker than most other ships on the battlefield. If you really want to have your main group able to provide extra damage, have the assigned Command allocated a Gravi-Scanner and Valkyrie system, your 5 Sparks from that group all crit-built and using Engine Overcharge and then sync overdrives with the Valkyrie system. A single player needs to be coordinating this, preferably Koromac as he would usually play the Command role.

Hope this makes sense. Quick edit... I just realised I only accounted for 1 engineer. Switch an Inverter group Spark for a Naga, I say. 2 Sparks and a Naga should do it.

Mate, im afraid you are terribly wrong:

1) Ions are the worst weapon for this game since the resistance piercing (like 75pts aprox) does not have any effect into structures (defiler and MI). Resistance pierce is considered in DPS, which is why slow beams have similar DPS but deal a lot more dmg while having the same RoF. Ions are only usefull for the portal group, since they are good for hitting drones, and the resistance pierce works with aliens.

2) Gunships deal less dmg than HB LRFs, even considering them using bubbles and shooting emitters as well.

3) The 3 ships from the portal group are enough for dealing with portals. Derivating more people for alien cleansing is a huge dps drop we cant afford.

4) LRFs with RT can arrive to MI sooner than any ship and even have HB fully charged once MI spawns, while still having enough overheat time to take out the MI without interrupting fire (i do it all the time in my kraken).

5) HB LRFs are by far the highest dps ships, gunships deal about 50-70% dps than LRFs.

6) With E10 implant, RT recharges quick, allowing jumping in for MI and then back to defiler.