Combat Recon mode rework: Koromac's version

Combat Recon mode questionnaire  

7 members have voted

1. 1. Do you agree with this suggestion in general?

2. 2. Do you prefer limited or restricted fly zone, until both Captains are selected?

• Yes.
    • No.
    • I do not agree with suggestion in general.
  3. 3. Do you agree with Captain's pickup artifact?

• Yes.
    • No.
    • I do not agree with this suggestion in general.

Combat Recon mode suggestion:

Rules:

Combat Recon should never be selected by the Matchmaking system, if there isn't at least 16 players available for such mode.

Matches should have (minimum: 8 vs. 8 (16), medium: 10 vs. 10 (20), high: 12 vs. 12 (24) players!

NO BOTS in Combat Recon mode! This is PvP, not PvE, Special Ops or Dreadnought Battle!

Area limitation:

Area of movement on both sides is limited. You can still play, but you will be warned, when you are close to such area with the warning message.

Also you will be unable to bypass such area. It works the same as in Open Space, when you're at the edge of the system.

Optional:

Area limitation may not restrict any movement, but kills also do not count, until the Captain is chosen on both sides.

Captain's Artifact: (75% DAMAGE BOOST)

The Captain's artifact is displayed at both sides. Each team will get it close to their spawn point.

The Artifact must be picked up by the person, who wish to become the Captain or the Leader of the Pack!

Artifact is not picked up instantly. It requires a few seconds to be picked up, similar to Detonation mode (Bomb pickup).

Once it is picked, it disappears and such player becomes the Captain!

After it gets picked up by the opposite team, the remaining team must also pick it up!

They have only 45-60 seconds, until the Captain is chosen randomly.

They can communicate via chat or even better, player who is confident enough and who wants to be the Captain, goes for it, to ensure the best chances for the team!

Standard Captain rules for Captain selection apply otherwise.

If any other players are still away in their limited area of access, they will all be teleported by warp jump and close formation at the their spawn point.

Same goes for the enemy team. Each of them will warp in, like they would, when we had a regular Matchmaking mechanics.

Area Limitation is removed entirely on both sides!

When both teams are fully prepared, time countdown starts.

Timer starts going down from 10 minutes.

Regards,

Koromac

Combat Recon should never be selected by the Matchmaking system, if there isn't at least 16 players available for such mode.

Matches should have (minimum: 8 vs. 8 (16), medium: 10 vs. 10 (20), high: 12 vs. 12 (24) players!

You lost me with this first line, since this never happens unless it's EU prime time. You would make this a mode only available to the EU and late RU community?

Other than that I like giving a person the choice of being captain or not, but what if noone wants to? You did not cover that eventuality.

We will take it into consideration

I appreciate this.

Whatever you decide, I really want to emphasise this: Captain's Artifact is essential. I do not random system. If I know that my team isn't good enough and that I have better ships or odds, I will pick it up, because I want to win.

Of course, if my team understands this, they will let me pick it up! Nobody wants to lose the match, mainly just because of some Captain, doing what he shouldn't do.

You lost me with this first line, since this never happens unless it's EU prime time. You would make this a mode only available to the EU and late RU community?

Other than that I like giving a person the choice of being captain or not, but what if noone wants to? You did not cover that eventuality.

I did!

They have only 45-60 seconds, until the Captain is chosen randomly.

Well, it is simple then. If there isn't enough people, the Matchmaking should not give us such mode, until there is enough of them.

Katovskiy aka xKostyan... always negative vote each and every time... and I expected just that.

When I ask for solutions or for his suggestions, then he is always silent.

There is no reason for me to put my suggestions here.

And would you look at that, i am not the only one disliking this suggestion.

Decent intent, but needs an alternate execution. Giving players control over who is captain has relevance.

The artifact would be interesting. It of course comes with its own set of problems like interceptors rushing to get it, pilot rage because of fighting over who gets captain (not that this is new) .

The artifact would be interesting. It of course comes with its own set of problems like interceptors rushing to get it, pilot rage because of fighting over who gets captain (not that this is new) .

Artifact is close to each spawn, so it won't present any major problems, even for frigates. Maybe time can also be increased a bit.

Maybe top 3 players can only pick it, but if so, they can decide who will be the Captain.