lower points for capping please

It's true that match results are a little lopsided in favor of ships that cap a lot of beacons, but.. that's kind of the point. If you're a slow frigate, then your job is to hold down a single beacon and use high-damage-assists and kills to gain points.

If you're a slow frigate with no caps but tried to run from beacon to beacon and as a result got few to no points, then you aren't doing your job for the team, and you 100% deserve the score you get.

Unfortunately there's no point compensation for sitting by a beacon for some amount of time, which would encourage frigates to stay by beacons, but high scores don't mean you were the most important player on the team.

They have always both mattered and not mattered, in a meta sense rather than an individual battle. Consistently scoring high vs consistently scoring low over many. many battles is a better indicator. Even players who are universally known as terrible can get a good score every now and then.

haha right, they'll kill themselves as not to become old and grumpy like you kosty.

Does your arthritis mess up the use of your mouse? Is your round trip from your computer to the toilet taking you over 30 minutes? Do your dentures ever fall out and press the wrong button on your keyboard?

it is all about right breaking fluid.

how does it feel when even an old f4rt like me, plays better than you?

Idk man you can't play chickentackler better than that kid. Dent his shields just a bit and he goes running for the hills in 1.27 x 10-17 seconds.

Also, a frigate in a Beacon match is disadvantageous if the pilot does not know how to move to the next beacon before the timer resets. Therefore, frig pilots have it a lot harder than inties when it comes to correct positioning.

And I agree with KT here, it would be nice to have some sort of "Beacon Guard" bonus that gives small amounts of efficiency for every few seconds that a ship stays within capture radius. Kinda like how Combat Points are given to players who guard captured CPs in Blacklight: Retribution.

• Upvote 2

People always complain about point and click frigate. Never complain that all you have to do is wiggle your mouse to dodge fire and frigate has trouble when you get near it because it is slow :-)

it is all about right breaking fluid.

how does it feel when even an old f4rt like me, plays better than you?

i really wouldn't know. Maybe you can show me some time? 

i really wouldn't know. Maybe you can show me some time?

you have extremely short memory, is it somehow related to the mass of the child brain?

People always complain about point and click frigate. Never complain that all you have to do is wiggle your mouse to dodge fire and frigate has trouble when you get near it because it is slow :-)

No dude don't start like that, I'm not complaining about Lazors-point-click-shoot.

I'm talking about mass driver that combined with camo lrf became the perfect xxxx gun. Why?

Let's start with the fact that it have a uber projectile speed AND uber rate of fire that combined with ping compensator let you get more hit than lazors do on ultra mobile ceptors dodging. 

Plus you have an insane dps output (wich can grow at every kill or assist with the r13 implant) on kinetic damage which is a nightmare for ship's hulls.

On top of that: when you shoot under camo with mass drivers, people will struggle to understand where the fire is coming from. Something that doesn't happen with lazors.

So even if i dodge hard, eventually tnx to the broken mechanic from that weapon i will get hit more, and it's ok. BUT if i don't know from where the fire is coming i have no idea where to go while dodging to find cover, giving even more time to the guy in lrf to hit me.

It's not a surprise that 95% of lrf in t5 now use that, even the guys who usually use the positron cannon now are equipping that. 'Cause atm it's utterly easy to use and do a lot of kills. 

The thing i really don't want to see at least: is people using that xxxx complaining about the fact that who don't play like them (farming easy kills around with that stupid broken thing), have more points at the end of the match even if they have less kills. 

No dude don't start like that, I'm not complaining about Lazors-point-click-shoot.

I'm talking about mass driver that combined with camo lrf became the perfect xxxx gun. Why?

Let's start with the fact that it have a uber projectile speed AND uber rate of fire that combined with ping compensator let you hit more than lazors do on ultra mobile ceptors dodging. 

Plus you have an insane dps output (wich can grow at every kill or assist with the r13 implant) on kinetic damage which is a nightmare for ship's hulls.

On top of that: when you shoot under camo with mass drivers, people will struggle to understand where the fire is coming from. Something that doesn't happen with lazors.

So even if i dodge hard, eventually tnx to the broken mechanic from that weapon i will get hit more, and it's ok. BUT if i don't know from where the fire is coming i have no idea where to go while dodging to find cover, giving more time to the guy in lrf to hit me. 

It's not a surprise that 95% of lrf in t5 now use that, even the guys who usually used the positron cannon now are using that. 'cause atm it's utterly easy to use and do a lot of kills. 

The thing i really don't want to see at least: is people using that xxxx complaining about the fact that who don't play like them (farming around with that stupid broken thing), have more points at the end of the match even if they have less kills. 

Mass Driver's getting a nerf, clearly it was a little too powerful so let's see if the nerf helps alleviate this.

Mass Driver's getting a nerf, clearly it was a little too powerful so let's see if the nerf helps alleviate this.

As i said: i just don't want to see people that play like that whining about low scores. 'Cause it's not skill, it's using game mechanic which are broken.

And btw i don't know if the nerf is enough, let's see what happens whit this new patch loading...

As i said: i just don't want to see people that play like that whining about low scores. 'Cause it's not skill, it's using game mechanic which are broken.

And btw i don't know if the nerf is enough, let's see what happens whit this new patch loading...

Lopsided end-result scores have always been a thing, though.

Lopsided end-result scores have always been a thing, though.

Just tried out, nothing changed. People can continue to use that thing in the same way...

300 point is good. Move your a** and take beacons. You can do it with faster frigates or fighters too. Don't try to make teambattles from all of the gamemodes.

About the MD, honestly its just the LRF's 2 additional turrets and crit chance that make the MD lethal.  Whenever it's on a guard (maybe besides patriarch or scimitar) it is pretty weak.  The base model for it has pretty low range (less than 3k) so regular beam lasers still out range it, and you don't have to wait for the projectile speed to reach max (heat up time of MD is quicker too iirc).  The problem with using the beams though is that everyone and their mom fits thermal resistance while hardly anyone fits kinetic resists.  I like the MD because it balances out the damages.  Coils are pretty much useless except against turdballs and beacon capture games, so there needed to be an decent frig kinetic weapon.  It also makes jericho ships more viable since they are shield tankers (better at kinetic) which is good because other than the guards they are not usually played as much in PVP as empire or fed. 

Instead of fitting all adaptives, try fitting your intys with atleast 1 kinetic shield spongey.  That thing gives a crapload of resists against MDs (helps with gauss too).  (Not trying to hate, just help)

On to the subject: Having MDs also help the slower ships combat the interceptor swarms that are seen in beacon capture games which is good too imo.  Having a small frigate squad defending a beacon is possible and will make the intys actually have to work for those 300 points instead of warping around and going 700 which is good.  Its all about finding the balance.  I haven't looked at patch notes yet, but as long as holoships got a nerf, that should definitely help.

Tesl4 i'm not raging agains the weapon per se. 

I just hate that "particular" playstyle that is so popular in these days. Which, just to be clear, it need some skill maybe but 90% of the work is done by the build and mechanic.

On lrf that weapon need to be rebalanced, or at least finally camo for lrf should be reworked.

Heating time is not a problem (shared cooler ftw), nor the last nerf on projectile speed.

Btw i never stack a lot of adaptive in t5 (apart on some derpy frig builds), also i didn't check but with today patch you probably can't use more than one anymore.

Also i'm happy about the holoships nerf, finally i can remove that recon from my lineup. I arrived at the point that i started to hate my poor spectref. 

Tesl4 i'm not raging agains the weapon per se. 

I just hate that "particular" playstyle that is so popular in these days. Which, just to be clear, it need some skill maybe but 90% of the work is done by the build and mechanic.

On lrf that weapon need to be rebalanced, or at least finally camo for lrf should be reworked.

Heating time is not a problem (shared cooler ftw), nor the last nerf on projectile speed.

Btw i never stack a lot of adaptive in t5 (apart on some derpy frig builds), also i didn't check but with today patch you probably can't use more than one anymore.

Also i'm happy about the holoships nerf, finally i can remove that recon from my lineup. I arrived at the point that i started to hate my poor spectref. 

Fair enough, I can agree with that.  If they nerf the EM scattering though, I'd like to see LRFs with more durability.  They are so very fragile in t5.  I'm glad about the holo nerf too, it was getting rediculus lol.

I haven't played yet so idk how the nerf to projectile speed is, but I'll find out later I suppose.

'Cause it's not skill, it's using game mechanic which are broken.

Correct me if i'm wrong, but isn't this coming from the guy who used cov ops scatter gun? 

Correct me if i'm wrong, but isn't this coming from the guy who used cov ops scatter gun? 

I was probably the only stupid guy flying shrapnel covops in that time. I was kinda proud about that, also i loved killing scatterg cov ops back in time, 1vs1 was easy. Ask my fellow hooters.

Fair enough, I can agree with that.  If they nerf the EM scattering though, I'd like to see LRFs with more durability. 

Instead of more durability it wuold be easier to decloak the lrf when they use the revers trust ( at the end of the jump, not when it start).

Ask my fellow hooters.

I always knew you were a boob!