I suppose you're right Kostyan, no point in dreaming about what will most likely never happen huh.

I hope they change it soon, because, there was no drama with the old way.  Hell, I think they should actually do just that.  Make it old Sec Con with dreadnought battles instead of PvPs.  Old Sec Con was nice because even if you lost, you still got influence and good rewards, so that efforts of a small corp weren't completely worthless.  I wouldn't even mind if they put it back to WX-# sectors to increase the number of battlefields, but instead, just designating a certain number of WX-# to each faction (or timezone like it is now).  I don't recall anyone really disliking the old way too much...

https://forum.star-conflict.com/index.php?/topic/27867-redesign-the-sector-conquest-system-important-read-this/

Give them some feedback. You and I are pretty much on the same idea train with this.

it really comes down to how many corps are there to "accommodate", there is no point thinking about it now really. On top of that, I am confident that developers are working on evolving mechanics of sector conquest, who knows, maybe we wont even need these self containments of this sort at all.

That would be a better outcome for sure.

• Replies 208
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Politics... I think you should all just vote for a galactic dictator (me) to rule in your stead, solve all problems and allocate sectors to those corps that deserve them. I will bring justice to tbe

So NASA has one sector and Arch has two.   Mecron & I have helped Nuke in a defense in the past. THE VERY NEXT day Nuke created some alliance with 3 or 4 corps to spam attack ALL NASA sectors.

I agree with you on this. If there is anything to be had, I'd say there is a very small man with a big Napoleon complex on the other side of this title. From my perspective looking inwards, from as l

Considering how NASA stomped your dread team by a 1300 point margin yesterday, I can't wait to see either!  :006j:

hmmm that's funny. Cuz looks like you guys got damage from not defending others. :)

even if we lose, u still lose defence points. 

hmmm that's funny. Cuz looks like you guys got damage from not defending others. :)

even if we lose, u still lose defence points. 

Hah, is this what you find comfort in and your motivational speech to your followers? "75% of our forces were wiped, but we still did 10% dmg to them, with the team that did not even got to play! Good job everyone!" ?

Than you are really playing wrong game here, this is not "Civilization" type of game, where whole game play is revolving around territory and on-map objects, where actual combat is mere simulation of the process and everyone just wishes for it to have faster animations and finish faster.

Plus another thing that reinforces that mind set of yours is that, you even sent your wing to a lone location, where nobody else attacks, which is a pointless move in SC reality, unless you are trying to avoid fighting, you simply hoped that we would leave you alone and just do 10% dmg without fighting, well sorry we let you down and made your people play the actual game.

Last night was actually great, because every single member of NASA online last night got to play the game, while quite often we either don't get to fly at all or some of our members left out of the wing, since you can only accommodate 8 in 1 wing.

The sooner you realise that mere dmg to a sector isn't something we can be bothered with, the faster you might start coming up with ways of actually doing something in this mode. Don't get me wrong, I like that many attacks per night, this is fun and I want more of that, it is just kinda to easy for us at this moment and it is harder to play PvE vs bots than vs current RadiX NA Dreadnought wing.

• Upvote 3

Hah, is this what you find comfort in and your motivational speech to your followers? "75% of our forces were wiped, but we still did 10% dmg to them, with the team that did not even got to play! Good job everyone!" ?

Than you are really playing wrong game here, this is not "Civilization" type of game, where whole game play is revolving around territory and on-map objects, where actual combat is mere simulation of the process and everyone just wishes for it to have faster animations and finish faster.

Plus another thing that reinforces that mind set of yours is that, you even sent your wing to a lone location, where nobody else attacks, which is a pointless move in SC reality, unless you are trying to avoid fighting, you simply hoped that we would leave you alone and just do 10% dmg without fighting, well sorry we let you down and made your people play the actual game.

Last night was actually great, because every single member of NASA online last night got to play the game, while quite often we either don't get to fly at all or some of our members left out of the wing, since you can only accommodate 8 in 1 wing.

The sooner you realise that mere dmg to a sector isn't something we can be bothered with, the faster you might start coming up with ways of actually doing something in this mode. Don't get me wrong, I like that many attacks per night, this is fun and I want more of that, it is just kinda to easy for us at this moment and it is harder to play PvE vs bots than vs current RadiX NA Dreadnought wing.

as long as you don't mind losing sectors to lots of attackers. :D 

as long as you don't mind losing sectors to lots of attackers. :D 

Sectors are meant to be lost and regained, that is a nature of the game mode. Plus, even when we lose a sector, chances are that you are not getting it. It is possible to view any goal form different angle, like  your goal is "sux at the flying but make NASA lose a sector" (Not gain a sector, not win, but specifically make NASA lose a sector), while our might be "wipe the floor with RadiX every time they show up, and not let RadiX capture the sector" (not not to lose the sector but not to let RadiX obtain it). As long as this is possible, your baby attempts at "talking big" here, are just mere reasons for everyone's smiles.

• Upvote 1

Bah, save your breath Kostyan - ain't worth trying to reason with dolts like him. We'll just keep farming Radicks until they get tired of it.

We will hand any NASA sector that so happens to fall over to the OWLs. EZ. And by that I mean OWL will wipe the floor with any corp that tries to gain control of the sector in the tourney.

Bah, save your breath Kostyan - ain't worth trying to reason with dolts like him. We'll just keep farming Radicks until they get tired of it.

We will hand any NASA sector that so happens to fall over to the OWLs. EZ. And by that I mean OWL will wipe the floor with any corp that tries to gain control of the sector in the tourney.

I'm surprised the forum didn't ban the word Radicks.

And I love how this NASA/ARCH argument has turned into a Radix bashing session XD Poor Arctic takes so much stick nowadays

"Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience" -Mark Twain

But in all seriousness, I think ArcTic forgets that NASA and OWL are in an alliance and OWL could easily beat any corps that would make the tournament for sector control if NASA were to lose a sector.... XD

I'm surprised the forum didn't ban the word Radicks.

And I love how this NASA/ARCH argument has turned into a Radix bashing session XD Poor Arctic takes so much stick nowadays

ye idc tho. NASA bashing me actually makes my reputation better and more people want to make friends with me. 

"Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience" -Mark Twain

But in all seriousness, I think ArcTic forgets that NASA and OWL are in an alliance and OWL could easily beat any corps that would make the tournament for sector control if NASA were to lose a sector.... XD

I think you forget that if there's multiple sectors going down simultaneously u can't attack all of them and we are actually improving at dreads.

We lost by 300 points today vs OWL NASA ARCH. not a bad game, considering we didn't have 4 of our top eu timezone pilots and weren't able to be on ts. 

But enjoy winning in dreads. winning is fun! That's why we have so much fun in t3 vs NASA squads. :) 

We lost by 300 points today vs OWL NASA ARCH. not a bad game, considering we didn't have 4 of our top eu timezone pilots and weren't able to be on ts. 

But enjoy winning in dreads. winning is fun! That's why we have so much fun in t3 vs NASA squads. :) 

You spammed recons at us... And I mean spam... To the point where our engi got 16 kills by minefields!  XD But it was a fun game anyhow :)

You spammed recons at us... And I mean spam... To the point where our engi got 16 kills by minefields!  XD But it was a fun game anyhow :)

You'd think that they'd learn to switch strategies after seeing that it fails after a certain point...

EDIT, just saw this:

more people want to make friends with me. 

3yZNuaM.jpg

yeap it was very fun!

:D we made the mistake of having no lrf for torps. not that you did very long lol i killed tillo a few times i think.

EDIT, just saw this:

3yZNuaM.jpg

don't cry mecron maybe someday you'll have friends too. 

I think you forget that if there's multiple sectors going down simultaneously u can't attack all of them

Actually, yes we could.

How do I buy Internet friends? Does it come with free Prime shipping?

You have to have a large enough ePeen. Once your ePeen reaches a certain size, you are given ePeenPoints, which you can spend to get internet friends. However, spending these points will shrink your ePeen, so use them wisely

ArcTic... please

I was farming RadiX BEFOR it was cool to farm RadiX

npr3iSc.jpg

You have to have a large enough ePeen. Once your ePeen reaches a certain size, you are given ePeenPoints, which you can spend to get internet friends. However, spending these points will shrink your ePeen, so use them wisely

Is this why ArcTic's epeen is only 10 inch long?

Is this why ArcTic's epeen is only 10 inch long?

Wait, it's that long really? I was gonna bank on it being 4 inch tops. I mean, with all these friends he speaks of, it can't be that long... He's probably used all his ePeen points that he's accrued over his entire life to gather all of these friends...

Wait, it's that long really? I was gonna bank on it being 4 inch tops. I mean, with all these friends he speaks of, it can't be that long... He's probably used all his ePeen points that he's accrued over his entire life to gather all of these friends...

u keep my peen outta this and i'll keep my peen out of yo momma.